gift purchase

Discus and support gift purchase in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought a game for my friend and hit "buy as a gift" but it got sent to my account not to my friends account. I already have the physical copy of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MpMustang, Aug 1, 2019.

1. MpMustang
    MpMustang Guest

gift purchase

I bought a game for my friend and hit "buy as a gift" but it got sent to my account not to my friends account. I already have the physical copy of the game and don't need 2. How do I get it sent to the correct account?

:)

MpMustang, Aug 1, 2019
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

unable to use any form of credit card

Normally the Visa gift cards that are purchased at stores like that do not work for purchases on Xbox and this is through the Bank that handles the gift card because they are thinking that you are trying to purchase a renewing subscription and these types
    of purchases can not be made with the gift cards like that.
  3. IRB Win User

gifting

Hi

The option to gift is only available in the store at the time of purchase. You have to buy it as a gift, you can't gift a game you have already purchased.
  4. LeonardSchultzWU Win User

unable to use any form of credit card

Normally the Visa gift cards that are purchased at stores like that do not work for purchases on Xbox and this is through the Bank that handles the gift card because they are thinking that you are trying to purchase a renewing subscription and these
    types of purchases can not be made with the gift cards like that.
    please note I put the gift card in pay pal who accepted it as
    cash. it now should be money to spend and Microsoft still does not allow purchase.
  5. darkist1 Win User

How do you gift a digital game you have already purchased?

As far as i know, if you've already done the purchase, its linked to your account. Not all games are gift-able, but the ones that are, you'll have an option under the purchase section to gift. im not sure you can gift after you've already purchased.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Gifting/Purchasing

Yeah goto your game crazy or ebgames and buy a code

However make sure you match the account region with the region of the code
Thema:

gift purchase

1. gift purchase - Similar Threads - gift purchase

2. Can't redeem Xbox Gift Cards i've purchased due to "region"

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't redeem Xbox Gift Cards i've purchased due to "region": I live and South Africa so obviously I bought gift cards in the currency of ZAR which is South African Rand. When trying to redeem it on my Microsoft account it just kept saying the regions aren't...
  3. Can't use Gift Card to Purchase Game Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't use Gift Card to Purchase Game Pass: I`ve recently bought the Xbox Gift card thinking that I will be able to buy GamePass despite the fact it isn` t available in my country. Luckily, I was able to redeem the gift card. Unfortunately,...
  4. Purchasing xbox bundle as gift but used my account

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Purchasing xbox bundle as gift but used my account: I purchased and xbox bundle as a christmas gift for my son yesterday from Microsoft online store but used my microsoft account not the one he uses for xbox (also in my name). Will he be able to...
  5. Xbox gift card purchased yet not received

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox gift card purchased yet not received: I bought a 10 euro xbox store giftcard on the microsoft store and did not receive the mail with the code neither a confirmation of the purchase. Its been more than 3 hours since that happened and...
  6. How do you gift a digital game you have already purchased?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you gift a digital game you have already purchased?: I have searched high and low and cannot find a definitive answer to this situation. I preordered a digital edition of a game. I want to preorder that same game for my friend as a digital gift....
  7. Must I link a credit card to make a gift card purchase?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Must I link a credit card to make a gift card purchase?: I have a game I want to purchase and I have a gift card that covers the total amount. However, I have no method of purchase(debit card, credit card). Can I just apply the gift card and buy it or...
  8. Tried to purchase vbucks with xbox gift card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Tried to purchase vbucks with xbox gift card: Hi, I went to purchase vbucks and it took my 24.99 out of my Microsoft account but did not give me my vbucks purchase in fornite. Who do I contact to rectify this?...
  9. [Solved] I purchased a game as a gift for my nephew, but it turns out he lied and isn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Solved] I purchased a game as a gift for my nephew, but it turns out he lied and isn't...: The code has not been used, and I would like to get a refund. Where do I begin? 52c5a6eb-f6cf-4438-8001-a3d9ccd92bf6
  10. Fraud - Possible xbox account hack and gift card purchase and gifting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fraud - Possible xbox account hack and gift card purchase and gifting: So unauthorised gift card purchase made on my account and gifted immediately to another email address / account. Microsoft will not confirm details of this account even though 1) this was...