Gifted game cant be claimed in uk

Discus and support Gifted game cant be claimed in uk in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I live in usa, and u gifted a friend a game. And now it says it cant be claimed. Even when she switched her region. I think this is totally freaking... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Butterflygirl25, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Gifted game cant be claimed in uk

I live in usa, and u gifted a friend a game. And now it says it cant be claimed. Even when she switched her region. I think this is totally freaking stupid. And it upsets me. But anywho. I've bought her fallout76 b4. And now I cant buy her this? Why? And
    is it too much to ask for a better support section. I wanted to talk with someone or send them in a ticket. But I couldnt find any way to send an email. I called. And the robot hung up on me. Lol

:)

Butterflygirl25, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Lavindathar Win User

It does suck a bit, but MS has no choice.

As Spiral mentioned above, its mainly for tax and pricing reasons.
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

It also displays on the gifting purchase screen, in the text below the price.

[​IMG]
  4. Allebas Win User

Xbox support no longer have a 1-800 number to call. You have to request a call back or speak to a live agent via chat. https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us. And if you live in the U.S. you can only gift a game to another person in the U.S. Also,
    this is to prevent people from gifting games that may not be legally allowed in another country and to prevent the gifting of cheap games to more expensive regions.
  5. Spazpol Win User

You can't gift something into other countries. Gifts need to be redeemed in the country of purchase. If you want a call back you usually have to wait for Monday as it is still Sunday in the US so outside of normal support hours.
  6. Pandy Yato Win User

You can not gift a game to another region and it is against the rules to change your region to one that is not your own to access content not meant for your region.
Thema:

1. Gifted game cant be claimed in uk - Similar Threads - Gifted game cant

2. Gift card game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift card game pass: I can't redeem my membership game pass because Xbox don't allows please help me ? 7236d3be-ba7f-4aa7-8a7c-e034a48064aa
  3. UNABLE TO GIFT A GAME? HELP PLEASE.

in XboX Insiders
    UNABLE TO GIFT A GAME? HELP PLEASE.: Hey guys, so since yesterday I’ve been trying to send a game to my gf via the gift option. Never had issues in the past, however once I select the gift option it goes to load the page where you...
  4. Downloading a gifted game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading a gifted game: I gifted a game to my friend and she redeemed the code but is unable to find it or download it on her computer, neither in the xbox store or in xbox console companion. For context she just made...
  5. [Solved] I purchased a game as a gift for my nephew, but it turns out he lied and isn't...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [Solved] I purchased a game as a gift for my nephew, but it turns out he lied and isn't...: The code has not been used, and I would like to get a refund. Where do I begin? 52c5a6eb-f6cf-4438-8001-a3d9ccd92bf6
  6. Redemmed Microsoft rewards for an xbox gift card, now I cant use it to buy games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Redemmed Microsoft rewards for an xbox gift card, now I cant use it to buy games.: I redeemed Microsoft points for a 5 dollar Xbox gift card, now im having trouble using it to buy a game in the store. It seems that the gift card has been converted to Microsoft miscellaneous...
  7. gifted game cant play with friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    gifted game cant play with friend: so I gifted my friend naruto shippuden ultimate ninja storm 4.. we send an invite to fight each other but when we accept it the game crashes to the main title screen and never connects to the...
  8. Why cant i buy a xbox 360 game with a MS gift card?!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i buy a xbox 360 game with a MS gift card?!!: i went to go get a MS gift card and whrnt home to see if i could purchase midnight club LA (360) game and it would require a xredit card no option for the gift card at all...
  9. cant redeem gifted game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant redeem gifted game: my friend gifted me killer instict definitive edition but when i try to redeem it its tells me to "contact the seller to get a code that works in your region" i've tried changing regions to his...
  10. my friend cant buy games on the xbox webside by using xbox gift codes that you buy in stores

in XBoX on Consoles
    my friend cant buy games on the xbox webside by using xbox gift codes that you buy in stores: i need help we were supost to buy skate 3 but my friend coud not buy i for money he had on his xbox help he dosent have a credit card added 5b14bf49-0e99-4341-8282-9aa11db49da4