Gifting Games to a different region

Discus and support Gifting Games to a different region in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Just wondering if we can gift games to other regions? I would like to gift to the US and the UK from Canada 5179f895-006f-40c4-92ad-5d8716d29c3f Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Scarletts76, Feb 23, 2021 at 8:02 PM.

1. Scarletts76
    Scarletts76 Guest

Just wondering if we can gift games to other regions?

I would like to gift to the US and the UK from Canada

:)

2. Smwutches Win User

Games as a Gift (different regions)

No. In order to download something that is region locked, your account region has to match your physical location. There is no way around region locking.
  3. ngocphi Win User

Gifting games different regions

You must just make sure the game you want to share/receive are available normally in your region.
    Darkist gifting has always been region locked

It doesnt matter if its available in his region

Games nor currency can be gifted accross different regions

Game share does but doing so violates the terms of use

Account info cannot be shared over xbox live

Nor should it be shared with someone you dont know from over seas
  4. Shrk1990 Win User

Hey there,

Unfortunately codes are region specific and cannot be used outside of the region they were purchased within. You cannot share your account information with another user, as that is a violation of the Terms of Service.
  5. NaZoooom Win User

Hi DeathBlade23456,

Check out the Help with giving digital games as gifts support page, there is guidance on this which I have
    copied below.

“If the recipient receives the following error message: “Contact the seller to get a code that works in your region. The code was purchased in a different region and cannot be redeemed”, this means that givers and recipients must always be
    in the same country or region. If not, you can
    return the item for a refund

Hope this helps :)
  6. Smwutches Win User

Games as a Gift (different regions)

Gifting through Xbox is region locked. So it's working as it's supposed to. I'm not sure why it would have worked the last time.
Thema:

1. Gifting Games to a different region - Similar Threads - Gifting Games different

2. Pre ordering a game to another user abroad, as a gift.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pre ordering a game to another user abroad, as a gift.: Trying to pre order Mass Effect Legendary Edition as a gift for my brother, however he lives in Sweden. Tried multiple websites and can't suss it out, and on Xbox marketplace/Microsoft store the...
  3. Game gift refund - different region

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game gift refund - different region: Hello - I sent a game to my brother in the Cayman islands and he cannot redeem as it is a different region. I have read the forums and it says I should be able to request a refund but when I go to...
  4. Are you allowed to buy a game from store with 2 different gift cards?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are you allowed to buy a game from store with 2 different gift cards?: Hello, Recently, I was given two separate Microsoft store gift cards, both with the value of $25, and I am thinking of purchasing a game from the store that costs $40. Am I allowed to use both...
  5. Games as a Gift (different regions)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games as a Gift (different regions): Hello. Last month a friend from Brazil sent me Control (the game) as a Gift and it worked and now he sent me another one and the system is telling me it's not from my Region. What went wrong? Can...
  6. Gifting games different regions

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gifting games different regions: Is there any other way to download it besides sharing my info 821f74ba-df6b-41bb-a334-a42e674e82ad
  7. Gifting a game to a friend in a different country

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gifting a game to a friend in a different country: Hey guys! I gifted a game to my friend and he can't redeem the code due to the fact that he lives in a different country. What options do I have to resolve this. I'm not seeing a refund option in...
  8. Gifting a game to a different country

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gifting a game to a different country: Is It possible to gift a game in the xbox store from the UK to someone in France? Will the code work for them? fe71c392-c9b6-45ef-99e6-d8e9fdd457c2
  9. Can I pay a game with a gift card and the price difference with a credit card?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can I pay a game with a gift card and the price difference with a credit card?: I'm gonna buy Rocket League for my brother, but, like he wanted it for christmas, we are gonna give him a gift card, so he buys the digital game, but there is a price difference between the game...
  10. Transfer of a gift Xbox game bought on a different Microsoft account to Xbox account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Transfer of a gift Xbox game bought on a different Microsoft account to Xbox account: how can I transfer a gift Xbox game bought on a different Microsoft account to my Xbox account 8375eba7-40b6-4981-9d4f-eee0b68ff0ff