Giving My Xbox One to a friend. Can I transfer my Digital games to them as well?

Discus and support Giving My Xbox One to a friend. Can I transfer my Digital games to them as well? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Also do I prepare the Xbox One (meaning clear all my info) so none of my info is available to the new owner? 3a1ebc06-2750-479e-842a-6e843c1b0b30 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Warlok9, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Warlok9
    Warlok9 Guest

Giving My Xbox One to a friend. Can I transfer my Digital games to them as well?

Also do I prepare the Xbox One (meaning clear all my info) so none of my info is available to the new owner?

:)

Warlok9, Jan 24, 2014
  2. CysticCrib
    CysticCrib Guest
    Question on selling my xbox one

I am selling my Xbox one but before I do I wanted to clear something up.

It has 7 physical games and 5 digital games on xbox, it is my understanding that I can not sell it with my gamertag?

Once I format the hard drive the digital games are gone?

I have seen a lot of people selling their xbox one with 10 digital games and giving them their gamertag details?

CysticCrib, Jan 24, 2014
  3. downloaded games on my 360

can i transfer my Xbox 360 Digital downloads to my Xbox one

Dragontamer4183, Jan 24, 2014
  4. oOUTSIDERo62
    oOUTSIDERo62 Guest

Yes, clear your info. No, you can not transfer games between accounts.

oOUTSIDERo62, Jan 25, 2014
  5. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

Yes, clear your info. No, you can not transfer games between accounts.
  6. Dragontamer4183 Win User

downloaded games on my 360

can i transfer my Xbox 360 Digital downloads to my Xbox one
  7. Gaming Blues Win User

Microsoft didn't change a damn thing!

"Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to
    give your disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and
    each game can only be given
    once."
  8. HairyLoveSpuds Win User

where is this digital trade in store MS hinted toward to get rid of the problem people seen?

Again we go over the same thing...... Digital trading if it will ever happen, (which i doubt.) is way, way off.

Sayburr - The original DRM 24 hour policy had nothing to do with Digital trade in / sales.

From the original licensing xbox page

"Trade-in and resell your disc-based games: Today, some gamers choose to sell their
    old disc-based games back for cash and credit. We designed Xbox One so game publishers can enable you to trade in your games at participating retailers. Microsoft does not charge a platform fee to retailers, publishers, or
    consumers for enabling transfer of these games.

Give your games to friends: Xbox One is designed so game publishers can enable you to give your
    disc-based games to your friends. There are no fees charged as part of these transfers. There are two requirements: you can only give them to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days and each game can
    only be given once."

news.xbox.com/.../license

For the post below. An idea has to be implemented, before it can be killed off, and digital trading was never written into the policies.

It was only mentioned after the 24 hour check-in was removed.. Which is convenient to say the least
  9. Njal the Blue Win User

Perplexity online game subscription

it may also still be set up as the previous owners Home Xbox. If your friend bought it with access to digital downloaded games, the shock will come once the owner makes their new Xbox as the home one. Digital games can not be transfered to a new owner.
Thema:

1. Giving My Xbox One to a friend. Can I transfer my Digital games to them as well? - Similar Threads - Giving friend transfer

2. I have Xbox Game Pass but I give it to the Master Chief Coleectio and it does nothing. help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Xbox Game Pass but I give it to the Master Chief Coleectio and it does nothing. help: I have Xbox Game Pass but I give it to the Master Chief Coleectio and it does nothing. help 2fe54153-1f39-472b-92ce-422df6fb6bb4
  3. games i have in the xbox but windows 10 wint give me to download them for free

in XBoX on Windows
    games i have in the xbox but windows 10 wint give me to download them for free: when i bought the xbox one i got code to gears of war complete edition and i redeem it and i also bought a code of halo the master chief collection from a store and i reddem it and the windows 10...
  4. Give us a option to not send LFG notifications to our friends, i think i got reported for this

in XboX Insiders
    Give us a option to not send LFG notifications to our friends, i think i got reported for this: I just got a 10 day ban from Microsoft for harassment ,the problem is i didn't talked to anyone recently and only sent simple messages like "gg" and "ok" The only thing i did was create LFG posts...
  5. Minecraft giving a world to friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft giving a world to friend: Hello all, my friend made a Minecraft world on his xbox, i can only join the world when he is on it. The problem is he doesn’t play much. Is there any way he can send me the world so i can be the...
  6. My friend can't give club ownership back to the original owner

in XBoX Accessibility
    My friend can't give club ownership back to the original owner: my friend can't give back the original club owners ownership due to what we think is a glitch does any one know how to fix this 7e581d23-261b-48d1-8565-919aaeab9857
  7. Inviting friends gives them errors and constant to restart game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Inviting friends gives them errors and constant to restart game: When i invite my friends or they invite me we can't join each other and we constantly have to restart are game just to party up and there's no solution to this even reinstalling the...
  8. Can i install games and give the dics to my friends?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i install games and give the dics to my friends?: Hi, i'm new to XBox world and i now own a XBox 360 Slim 250G. I have forza 4, COD black ops 2 and nfs rivals. I don't see codes for these games, so can i install these games on my hard drive and...
  9. All invites I receive from friends to play just give the option to. "Launch"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All invites I receive from friends to play just give the option to. "Launch": And nothing happen when I try to accept. Anyone have any ideas? 30105372-b317-4294-b259-698d70e05ea5
  10. Unstable XBL Connection, No Friends list/Party chat, no Multiplayer, what gives?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unstable XBL Connection, No Friends list/Party chat, no Multiplayer, what gives?: For going on a week now my Xbox One (and Xbox 360) have been dealing with what first started out as minor annoyances like the party chat or friends list not loading 40-60% of the time and...