Going offline without internet?

Discus and support Going offline without internet? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; when we take the xbox one with us on holiday (where we have no internet) we cannot sign in offline. the xbox is already set to my home xbox and i... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NathanG4, Jun 17, 2019.

1. NathanG4
    NathanG4 Guest

when we take the xbox one with us on holiday (where we have no internet) we cannot sign in offline. the xbox is already set to my home xbox and i select the go offline setting before we go. however when it is switched back on it always tells me that
    in order to go offline, i must be online which is of course impossible. is it actually possible to sign in offline without the internet connection? all the games i have are disks and none of them will work (even borderlands 2 which everyone seems to think
    can be played - mine tells me i need an internet connection). is there anyone in a similar position who takes there xbox one to a location with no wifi or roaming access and is able to sign in offline and play games?

:)

NathanG4, Jun 17, 2019
  2. Allebas Win User

This is how to make your account the home xbox on your Xbox.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Personalization, and then select My home Xbox.
    3. Do either of the following:
      • Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.
      • Select Remove this as my home Xbox to remove the designation.
    Sorry but the only way you can set your Xbox offine is through an internet connections. I know it's silly but its the only way. Sorry about that.
  3. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there NathanG4

What errors is appearing when you try to play online?. Some games do require online connection to play, But some do not. What games in question are the ones giving you problems?.
  4. Allebas Win User

Hi NathanG4,

Maybe you sure see if your Xbox needs to be updated.

1. Make sure your console is connected to the internet, and then press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings.
    3. Select System > Updates & downloads.
    4. Under "Updates", you’ll see:
      • Console update available. Select this button to begin your update, or
      • No console update available. This means your console is up to date.
    If no update is available, your console is up to date. Also, you can update your console in offline mode. You just need a flashdrive with at least 4GB of space a PC/Laptop that is connected to the internet and has Windows software on it.

Here's how to factory reset. Just make sure you select the "Keep my games and apps". Otherwise, your going have to reinstalled everything.

If you’re ready to reset your console to the factory default settings, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.

1. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
      • Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You should use this option when selling
        or gifting the console to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.
      • Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you from downloading
        or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset and keep my games & apps and
        save Reset and remove everything as a last resort.
      • Cancel. To back out of this screen, simply select the Cancel button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen
  5. Skepticality Win User

I've just moved out into a new house and we haven't had the internet installed yet but I am able to sign into my profile and play a select few of my games, cant understand why it wont let you sign in
  6. NathanG4 Win User

It is set to home. I have tested it and it doesn't work. When i switch on the xbox and attempt to log in offline, it tells me i need to be online in order to then select go offline. I can't go online, as there is no wifi or roaming signal.
Thema:

1. Going offline without internet? - Similar Threads - Going offline without

2. When starting a game offline and the sync data loads, could it retrieve my data to keep going?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When starting a game offline and the sync data loads, could it retrieve my data to keep going?: Hi, I am offline I do have internet but most times, internet keeps cutting off. But right now I am playing WWE 2K18. But on the internet, people have been saying that you can't upload your current...
  3. Going Offline Permanently

in XBoX Accessibility
    Going Offline Permanently: Is there a way I can use my X Box to play games that I have legally purchased without every having to log in to my "account" and NEVER go online/X Box Live/or anything to do with the Internet? I...
  4. VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox One Scorpio Edition keeps going offline

in XboX Networking Hardware
    VirginMedia Superhub 2: Xbox One Scorpio Edition keeps going offline: VirginMedia (Modems/Gateways) Superhub 2: Xbox One Scorpio Edition keeps going offline Here is a troubleshooting guide that may help with that Xbox One Disconnection Help | Xbox Live Disconnect |...
  5. i just go booted offline an there names are unusedfox572 ,The BATFE , Jean Pro 420, Aircrepeer ...

i just go booted offline an there names are unusedfox572 ,The BATFE , Jean Pro 420, Aircrepeer ...: i just go booted offline an there names are unusedfox572 ,The BATFE , Jean Pro 420, Aircrepeer PR i just go booted offline an there names are unusedfox572 ,The BATFE , Jean Pro 420, Aircrepeer PR...
  6. Arris: Keeps going offline

Arris: Keeps going offline: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Keeps going offline My **** won't stay connected for some reason? 3f4b60ee-2d9e-4df4-98bd-26f861455f47
  7. Xbox will not go past 37% on offline update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox will not go past 37% on offline update.: A few days ago I had an issue with Spotify loading while in-game (around 13th I think). Did a quick power down and back on and it was fine. The next day was getting issues where the home screen...
  8. Current data missing try again or go offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Current data missing try again or go offline: I got that error message yesterday. The work around of it is click offline then you get the main menu and it let me go online. So if you get this error just click offline....
  9. This person name Iceball5642 is going to have someone to hack me offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    This person name Iceball5642 is going to have someone to hack me offline: this person name. Iceball 5642 is going to have someone to hack me offline 24f11949-77b9-48e5-99e2-f7df74f0f3d1
  10. IS YOUR XBOX GOING ON AND OFFLINE REPEATEDLY SINCE THE UPDATE?

in XBoX on Consoles
    IS YOUR XBOX GOING ON AND OFFLINE REPEATEDLY SINCE THE UPDATE?: Mines won't stop for a week now. I called customer service and they know about the problem but have no resolve. So now what? Please make a comment if you are experiencing this problem. They need...