Gold,gamepass, and the disabled

Discus and support Gold,gamepass, and the disabled in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; There is an accessibility problem when it comes to online services on the xbox for people with disabilities. Most don't have access to credit cards or... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Alwaysalone, May 12, 2019.

1. Alwaysalone
    Alwaysalone Guest

There is an accessibility problem when it comes to online services on the xbox for people with disabilities. Most don't have access to credit cards or bank accounts to buy these services, and trying to get the prepaid codes are nothing but impossible
    for some. This is a problem that players still face till this day ruining there experience cuasing emotional distress and isolation. This is a severe problem that hurts a great deal of people who just want to join in on the fun but who are instead blocked
    by constant walls that keep some of us players left feeling like we were thrown aside as if we are not worth anything. The fact that after all these years these problems still isolate people like myself is far more than appalling. Wether we have physicall
    limitations or learning disabilities (like myself) we are gamers too and some of us need help acquiring these services.

:)

Alwaysalone, May 12, 2019
  2. freerunninglou9 Win User

as a support worker for multiple years I can tell you that most disabled people will be getting disability money from the government so will ever have there own bank or be using a family bank as a carer I have support many people to purchase things on there
    games console and there is much more happening to help disabled people play games the whole new adaptive controller is amazing.

a good support staff will support as best they can to make shore a disabled person can do as much as anyone else
  3. pawncrackers Win User

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you feel this way and acknowledge that a lot of people with disabilities seek independent living as much as possible.

My best advice, is to ask a carer, friend or parent to assist in any matter relating to purchasing content, entering redeem codes or
    adding payment options - the latter will help streamline the purchasing process.

There is sufficient information on the
    Xbox Support website
    to help with any questions you might have, in regards to setting up billing options, so please feel free to have a look when you have a moment. :)

Xbox and Microsoft are always striving to improve their services and products, and as you may have seen in recent months, more accessibility for everyone on the platform, in the form of the

Adaptive Controller
    . I have seen no other company step up to the challenge of producing such a product and to see it embraced by so many, really is amazing.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to post them here, and our community will be happy to help.

Best,

L
  4. Alwaysalone Win User

My keyboard on this tablets awful I've been told. I'm simply trying to say that sometimes there is no other choice but to go without the service and it's so hard to sit there and hear everybody else stream/talk about there fun and you can't join in. This
    is not me talking about just myself but I see this with a good bit of people around me, it can be upsetting and tough.
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

I would like to know where you get your understanding of disabled people and what they have access to.

I work, and have worked for the last 16 years, as a support worker, supporting people with disabilities, live independent, and interdependent lives, and there is absolutely NO reason to make the assumption that anyone can't have access to such services.

I think people need a lot more education in what having a disability actually is.

See the person, not the disability.

I am not sure where you are based, what care, if any, that you receive, but there should be no real barriers to you accessing such services ...
  6. Alwaysalone Win User

Forcing people to buy full priced games even from years ago....no 360 game access for those who can't get access to payment options they use or services to save money.......THIS CONSOLE IS A TERRIBLE AND HURTFUL THING TOO ALL PLAYERS.
Thema:

1. Gold,gamepass, and the disabled - Similar Threads - Gold gamepass disabled

2. Não consigo fazer a compra de Xbox live gold nem gamepass? [Translate] Can't I purchase...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Não consigo fazer a compra de Xbox live gold nem gamepass? [Translate] Can't I purchase...: Tenho 5,40 no saldo da Microsoft store, e tenho uma promoção de 1 mês de Xbox live gold,e outra de 3 meses de gamepass,ambas por 1 real cada uma,mas quando tento confirmar a compra pede um cartão...
  3. live gold and gamepass dont work ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    live gold and gamepass dont work ?: I have payed for live gold and gamepass but it dont work on my consolle Xbox one . Worked fine and stopped worked for me 2 days ago . Tried log in and out checked payment online , seem allright...
  4. The GamePass and Gold codes didn't apply corretly

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    The GamePass and Gold codes didn't apply corretly: I redeemed a Game Pass Code but in the xbox appear that it was apply to Gold, and the Gold code for 3 months didn't apply. Cambié un Código de Game Pass, pero en la xbox parece que se aplicó a...
  5. I bought gold and gamepass, it took money but i did not get either.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I bought gold and gamepass, it took money but i did not get either.: My gold and gamepass were not given, but i was charged for them 41ddec25-00c7-4edf-9f4f-41f607c20d03
  6. Missing Gold and Gamepass quests

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Missing Gold and Gamepass quests: Hello, I am currently subscribed to both Gamepass and Gold but when I noticed that the console and on the website it seems like I am not subscribed. I tried to view the current Quests on...
  7. Second XBox ... What about GamePass and Gold?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Second XBox ... What about GamePass and Gold?: Hey there! I`m about to get a new xbox_one_x. Now I wanna pass my xbox_one_s to my son. The X will stay in my Studio, while the s will then be used at home. Will my son/family still have Access...
  8. gamepass and gold membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    gamepass and gold membership: hi, it wont let me turn off auto renew on my memberships, keeps saying theres an error your end, been 3 days now, why so many hoops to jump through trying to do this and how do i resolve issue?...
  9. No rewards from gold and gamepass quests

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    No rewards from gold and gamepass quests: Hello, I have been having issues with the gold and gamepass quests for the past few months and despite completing the quests i dont get my mystery rewards. I have opened multiple cases with xbox...
  10. Gold and Gamepass with Xbox All Access

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gold and Gamepass with Xbox All Access: Hello everyone! I am planning to take advantage of the Xbox All Access offer to get myself A 1X and I already have a 1S. My question is this, the All Access comes with gold and gamepass for two...