Gold Membership Scam

Discus and support Gold Membership Scam in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Genuinely getting real sick of Microsoft and their bull. Switching over to sony or a pc. Why is it that I am required to buy a monthly subscription... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kelsoconner, Mar 14, 2019.

1. kelsoconner
    kelsoconner Guest

Gold Membership Scam

Genuinely getting real sick of Microsoft and their bull. Switching over to sony or a pc. Why is it that I am required to buy a monthly subscription just so that I can use my internet to play an online game, and in addition to that I cant even create or
    join a party without one. Last I checked I pay for my internet, I paid for the game that includes an online portion and I paid for the console that includes a party option, Microsoft didnt pay for all that, I did. So why must I pay 60 a year to use features
    that I already paid for, huh?! I know it's only 60 but that adds up. I know gold has other "benefits" so to speak, but services that I already paid for shouldn't be one of said "benefits". I know this will never happen because of the enormous amount of squeakers
    that have there gold paid for by their parents and the enormous amount of just plain oblivious people out there, not to mention Microsoft only cares about how much $$ they can make so they probably wont change, but if enough people start giving Microsoft the
    slip and stop paying for gold maybe they'll change this absurdity, extremely unlikely but one can hope. it's not like Microsoft needs the money.

:)

kelsoconner, Mar 14, 2019
  2. FocalSuperset38 Win User

I'm a gold member - how can I rent movies?

I understand I don't need a gold membership to rent movies, except it says on the gold card that we can have access to movies (and other things) with the gold membership! It's a scam!

What can they do with that card???
  3. AngelObullets Win User

Gold Membership Scam

Hi there Kelsoconner

It isn't a scam, there alot of benefits including free games 4 a month and deals on other games for a set subscriptions while it helps with keeping the servers running ect. So there is alot ot benefit from having gold.
  4. NeoDan123 Win User

Gold Membership Scam

If you look closely on the packaging of a physical copy of a game, you will notice it says Gold required for online multiplayer. Which is sold on its own.
  5. DapperCrane Win User

Gold Membership Scam

You pay because running the online service and maintaining it costs money. Servers, security, staffing ect.

Other services that may seem free are usually flooded with ads or some other cost.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Gold Membership Scam

Umm you get free games with gold

And hate to tell ya bur sony also charges for online multiplayer

Online service is a service not a right

Sony pc.phones nintendo.all charge for.certain services

Just because you pay for the internet doesnt give you an all you can eat service

Thats like saying I own my own house why should I pay taxes

If you want services going to your house you have to pay for the services too
Thema:

Gold Membership Scam

1. Gold Membership Scam - Similar Threads - Gold Membership Scam

2. Is there such thing as Xbox one a live gold membership signup if so could U send me a link

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there such thing as Xbox one a live gold membership signup if so could U send me a link: I am atartsta to become veey annoyed with the whole xbox free one month trisl membership i cant find anything that exists wiyhout having to buy game passes coukd u plesse advise...
  3. how to have xbox live gold membership shared with 2 consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to have xbox live gold membership shared with 2 consoles: we have 2 xbox consoles in our house. Before we bought the 2nd console, we had a live gold membership for 2 years added to the 1st console. Then I got my console. My brother's is the home console...
  4. Need to cancel XBOX gold subscription but do not know my membership number.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need to cancel XBOX gold subscription but do not know my membership number.: My son need to cancel XBOX gold subscription but do not know my membership number. He does not have the Xbox any more but we are charged every month for it. 6ec179cb-8241-456c-b055-52b23da2711b
  5. Xbox one update comeing back as error due to gold membership

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one update comeing back as error due to gold membership: I recently purchased a pre-owned xbox one from gamestop. during the mandatory update a error message poped up and after running the error code through the checker it said the error was because of...
  6. Sharing Games and Gold Membership in Same House

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sharing Games and Gold Membership in Same House: Sure this has been asked millions of times before but here we go. son has Xbox One upstairs with digital games and discs and Gold membership, lets call this Xbox A. Im his dad and just bought...
  7. Live Gold trial membership

in XBoX on Consoles
    Live Gold trial membership: I just got my son an Xbox One S. Included in the nox was a trial membership for Live Gold. I redeemed the code through my Iphone app. My question is how do I activate it, where on the Xbox do i...
  8. Xbox Live Gold Membership (Digital Code)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Gold Membership (Digital Code): purchased gift card from microsoft.com. son went to redeem code on his xbox account, he clicked on "accept". nothing happened. he x'd out.. went back in to redeem code and said code was already...
  9. Xbox Live 12 months gold membership scam?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live 12 months gold membership scam?: I have just purchased a 12 month gold live subscription from; Web Server's Default Page They say that they email you the code straight away. I have received a confirmation of purchase email but...
  10. Help retrieving my Xbox Live Gold membership! I think I may have been scammed!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help retrieving my Xbox Live Gold membership! I think I may have been scammed!: I recently received a 12 month Xbox Live Gold code from a customer service representative due to the fact that she couldn't issue me a refund. So I figured I was going to sell it, however, I think...