Google assistant not working properly after last couple of updates.

Discus and support Google assistant not working properly after last couple of updates. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I use Google Assistant to turn on and turn off the Xbox One x. Also to do screenshots and video clips. Ever since the last couple of updates have been... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Mykee36, Feb 28, 2020.

1. /u/Mykee36
    /u/Mykee36 Guest

I use Google Assistant to turn on and turn off the Xbox One x. Also to do screenshots and video clips. Ever since the last couple of updates have been unable to turn on the Xbox and sometimes turn off the Xbox with the Google Assistant. I checked the Google home app and everything seems to be set up correctly it finds the Xbox but when you tell the Google home to turn on the Xbox it says can't do it at that time and please double check the Xbox is setup property. If I reset it up it might work once before it quits working again.

submitted by /u/Mykee36
    [link] [comments]

/u/Mykee36, Feb 28, 2020
  2. ROK Win User

Bucket won't dump water *bug*

Same issue only after update. Couple of videos on how to work around it if you search google.
  3. NJPhist Win User

Google Assistant No Longer Works

UPDATE: Resolved by hard resetting my Xbox and resetting/reconnecting the Xbox via the Google Home app. Basically stated afresh.
  4. NJPhist Win User

Thank you for your prompt reply!

I checked all the aforementioned, but sadly to no resolve.

There has been an update lately, so that may have something to do with it. I'm just going to do another hard reset of the console and re-add the console to the Assistant app.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi NJPhist

Perhaps the service was just down?

Also try signing out of your profile/account, restart the console and sign back in and try again.

Also check if the console updated recently. Then make sure your settings are still correct. Guide below:

1. Set your power mode to instant-on:
      1. Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.
      2. Select System > Settings > General > Power mode & startup.
      3. Select Instant-on from the Power mode drop down menu.
    2. Enable digital assistants. Go to System > Settings > Devices & streaming > Digital assistants, and then select Enable digital assistants.
    3. Sign in to your Xbox.
  6. DanMen334 Win User

Google assistant

it's a matter of commercial sane, it might be a matter of time or it never happens
Thema:

1. Google assistant not working properly after last couple of updates. - Similar Threads - Google assistant working

2. Google assistant won't connect to Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Google assistant won't connect to Xbox One: Hello! So, I'm turning 14 and am trying to connect my Xbox One to the Google Home app, but as soon as I sign in, it says "Minors aren't allowed to use their accounts here". I had been given...
  3. Google Assistant No Longer Works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Google Assistant No Longer Works: Hi, I'm having an issue controlling my Xbox One X using Google Assistant. It had been working perfectly fine for some time but as of yesterday, it has stopped working. Whenever I attempt to issue...
  4. Google Assistant won't let me change the volume on my Xbox One X

in XboX Insiders
    Google Assistant won't let me change the volume on my Xbox One X: [IMG] I was using Alexa before without any issues. Decided to switch to Google Assistant and hooked it up to my Xbox One X. It lets me start games & apps, take Screenshots and pretty much...
  5. Google assistant set-up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Google assistant set-up: Trying to set up Google assistant on Xbox one but everytime I sync my Microsoft account in google home it syncs 2 Xbox devices and confused Google home and doesn't actually do anything. I only...
  6. Google assistant

in XBoX on Mobile
    Google assistant: When I try to adjust the volume on my xbox like spotify through my google assistant it says to enable it. I went where it told me to in the settings but I see no option to enable it. This I...
  7. Issue with Google Assistant turning the Xbox One X on after a few hours.

in XboX Insiders
    Issue with Google Assistant turning the Xbox One X on after a few hours.: I have come across an issue with the Google assistant when trying to turn the Xbox on. If turned on manually voice commands work as intended up to turning the Xbox off. After this if left off...
  8. Removing multiple Xbox systems from Google Assistant integration

in XBoX on Consoles
    Removing multiple Xbox systems from Google Assistant integration: I only have one Xbox in my home, however my previous systems and friends consoles that I have signed in on appear in my Google Home menu. They are not on my network, I have removed my account from...
  9. Problems with Google assistant turning on xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Problems with Google assistant turning on xbox: Whenever I try and turn on the Xbox, Google assistant says that something went wrong controlling the Xbox systemos. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/mattoopackooI [link] [comments]
  10. How to remove old Xbox from Google Home/Assistant

in XboX Insiders
    How to remove old Xbox from Google Home/Assistant: After buying new Xbox One X and selling Xbox One S, I cannot get rid of the old Xbox in Google Home/Assistant and Google voice commands are botched. I factory reset the old Xbox before selling it....