Google fiber xbox one x slow download speeds

Discus and support Google fiber xbox one x slow download speeds in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Google fiber xbox one x slow download speeds This sounds like an issue with the setup used to connect. Are you connecting the Xbox via WiFi? If so,... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Vid33nyc1, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Vid33nyc1
    Vid33nyc1 Guest

I have my pc,xbox one x,ps4 pro and shield to pro hooked to the D-Link TL-SG105 switch.All wired with Cat6 cables.Google router/modem only has 1 ethernet port.

:)

Vid33nyc1, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Vid33nyc1 Win User

This sounds like an issue with the setup used to connect.

Are you connecting the Xbox via WiFi? If so, make sure your Router supports 5G wifi and you are actually connecting to the 5G wifi not the 2.4Ghz one. Usually you will find WiFi networks like MYWIFINETWORK and MYWIFINETWORK_PLUS or MYWIFINETWORK_5G. You
    should connect to the "PLUS" or "5G" ones, because old 2.4GHz WiFi only supports up to 100Mbps.

If you are connecting over ethernet it can be a similar issue. You need a quality ethernet cable that supports the latests standard and velocity (I think it was called E.5 or something among those lines). Otherwise you will have a 100Mbps bottleneck.

Hope that helps!
    I have my pc,xbox one x,ps4 pro and shield to pro hooked to the D-Link TL-SG105 switch.All wired with Cat6 cables.Google router/modem only has 1 ethernet port.
  3. radiactivepeter Win User

This sounds like an issue with the setup used to connect.

Are you connecting the Xbox via WiFi? If so, make sure your Router supports 5G wifi and you are actually connecting to the 5G wifi not the 2.4Ghz one. Usually you will find WiFi networks like MYWIFINETWORK and MYWIFINETWORK_PLUS or MYWIFINETWORK_5G. You
    should connect to the "PLUS" or "5G" ones, because old 2.4GHz WiFi only supports up to 100Mbps.

If you are connecting over ethernet it can be a similar issue. You need a quality ethernet cable that supports the latests standard and velocity (I think it was called E.5 or something among those lines). Otherwise you will have a 100Mbps bottleneck.

Hope that helps!
  4. D4vid 360 Win User

Xbox One S Slow Download Speed (Google Fiber)

Hi, personally i believe it is due to modern warfare. I have been having issues for a long time for this game. I tried everything: factory and hard resets, moving position etc.

I noticed my speed was ok with every other download on both my xboxes, except for MW. I have an xbox from 2013 and an S, and i had problem with onyl MW on both.

I suggest you to try some other download, if it works correctly, then there is nothing you can do about MW.

My xbox detects a 40-60 mbs download speed, but with MW it goes down to 1-1,5 mbs, when i am lucky it does some minute around 10-15, nothing more. It was a pain downloading the game on two consoles.
  5. Wishcatcher Win User

Hi,

Sorry about that issue, I suggest you to clear the cache of your xbox one s ( on main menu, press and Hold 10 sec the powerbutton of the console, wait 30 sec, restart) , it will help a little the speed.

Btw its not because you have the fiber that all websites or e-services will follow that speed. Also with quarantine due to the Covid-19 all services ( netflix / youtube / psn / xbox live... ) are over charged so meaning a little more slowly than usual.

Regards
  6. Suicidal Groovez Win User

I have the same issue, but I think it is for the pandemic status. Corporations are slow down speed servers in order to all users can play without saturations.
Thema:

1. Google fiber xbox one x slow download speeds - Similar Threads - Google fiber slow

2. google nest

in XBoX on Consoles
    google nest: hello my xbox don't want to connect with my google nest. Someone can help me? (My google home apps didn't see my xbox when i want to turn on it. 1bc54a35-ffc1-4277-8ec4-39c2e6547708
  3. Xbox Game Pass App Regular and Beta from Google Play Store

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox Game Pass App Regular and Beta from Google Play Store: Is anyone else experiencing a really laggy Xbox Game Pass App? I'm on Moto G7 Play with the latest updates as of June 5, 2020 and I don't know why it lags. The regular Xbox App works fine, but the...
  4. An error message comes up when ever I try to get into my setting on google.

in XBoX on Windows
    An error message comes up when ever I try to get into my setting on google.: I am trying to get into my friends minecraft realm. I play on a PC and my phone both with the same Xbox account (I do not own an Xbox) but when I go to accept the invite it says that my settings...
  5. Xbox One S Slow Download Speed (Google Fiber)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S Slow Download Speed (Google Fiber): I've recently moved to a new apartment and set up Google Fiber as my internet service. My Xbox One S is connected directly to the network box via Ethernet cable (cat-5e). Gaming is working great,...
  6. How to enable video on youtube on xbox using google assistant?

in XBoX on Mobile
    How to enable video on youtube on xbox using google assistant?: Hello, can you enable youtube video on xbox with the help of google assistant. When I say "Ok Google open youtube on xbox '' then youtube opens on xbox but when I say" Ok Google play (song title)...
  7. Google Fiber

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Google Fiber: I just switched to Google Fiber and have been having a ton of intermittent connection problems (I am hardwired into the network, not on wireless). When playing online games (Fortnite, Rocket...
  8. I remember a person said that GOOGLE FIBER user should be banned from XBL for life.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I remember a person said that GOOGLE FIBER user should be banned from XBL for life.: And if this person get his or her way. What will happen after that? 1f8d66c1-5b16-4a4e-b70f-1c8e8eab310e
  9. Lost Device Support For Google Fiber After June Update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Lost Device Support For Google Fiber After June Update.: I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, but I downloaded the June update this morning and ever since, my XBOX ONE has stopped communicating with my Google Fiber TV Box (GFHD100). Whereas...
  10. Google Fiber Wired Online disconnects - drops

in XBoX on Consoles
    Google Fiber Wired Online disconnects - drops: I think I've found why it disconnects.Seems to be the TV Box connected to the Network Box by a (network cable) causes the problem. I've connected my TV Boxes by (coax cable only).Used a short...