Got Minecraft for Windows 10 Free from Mojang - Still asks me to purchase it in game

Discus and support Got Minecraft for Windows 10 Free from Mojang - Still asks me to purchase it in game in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As the title says, I got Minecraft for Windows 10 from Mojang. I owned Minecraft: Java Edition for a long time, so they gave it to me for free.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Xx DesertFOX xX, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Got Minecraft for Windows 10 Free from Mojang - Still asks me to purchase it in game

As the title says, I got Minecraft for Windows 10 from Mojang. I owned Minecraft: Java Edition for a long time, so they gave it to me for free. However, when I launch the game, it asks me to sign in and purchase the game. If I already own the game,
    why do I need to purchase it again? Can someone please help me out here?

:)

Xx DesertFOX xX, Jul 6, 2019
  2. MDG o CROWN o Win User

Got Minecraft for Windows 10 Free from Mojang - Still asks me to purchase it in game

you have to link your mojan account with the microsoft account so you can claim the code to be able to play the windows version
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Players who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account. Once you've migrated your account, you will be able to claim a code for Minecraft for Windows 10
  4. Ackis Win User

Did you redeem the code? :)
  5. XBF Amber M Win User

I need some help regarding claiming my windows 10 edition of Minecraft.

Hi MK,

Thanks for asking this question on the Xbox forums. In regard to any codes for a free version of Minecraft for Windows 10 with the purchase of Minecraft Java version, that would need to come directly from Mojang. According to their website, "Players
    who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account.
    "

Should you like to check your ability to claim this code, I recommend following the instructions provided in the Mojang Support article entitled
    Minecraft for Windows 10.
    If it is determined that you're not eligible, then you would need to purchase that particular version in order to use it.

Give this a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out!
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Cant change my Minecraft skin or redeem windows 10

Hi Airwreck14,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. In regard to the Minecraft: Java edition, if you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018, can get this edition for free by requesting it from Mojang. If you did
    not, then you would be required to purchase the Minecraft: Windows 10 edition in order to obtain that version of Minecraft & change the skin. Minecraft: Java and the Windows 10 version are 2 separately coded versions of the game.

This article from Mojang Support can help further explain why this is happening:

Mojang Support - Minecraft for Windows 10

I hope that this helps out. Let us know if you have any further questions.
Thema:

1. Got Minecraft for Windows 10 Free from Mojang - Still asks me to purchase it in game - Similar Threads - Got Minecraft Windows

2. I got banned from unlocking Minecraft achievements? What the?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got banned from unlocking Minecraft achievements? What the?: So as it turns out, I can no longer unlock anymore achievements for Minecraft as they will not unlock even though I met the conditions. I tried every troubleshooting steps, nothing helps. Have I...
  3. My Minecraft Got Deleted

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft Got Deleted: Yesterday i Factory Reset My Xbox And i Chose The Option "Keep Games And Apps" Then After i Factory Reset My Xbox. i Tried To Load Minecraft..Then it Said "Do You Own This Game Or App" i Then...
  4. My friend continued a Minecraft world on my console and when he got back to his the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend continued a Minecraft world on my console and when he got back to his the...: Basically I had a friend come over and we played minecraft on our world that he hosted, (he created the world on his console a while back) and we had a bunch of progress, yet when he got back to...
  5. My Minecraft world got deleted, but in an unusual way

in XBoX on Windows
    My Minecraft world got deleted, but in an unusual way: My world was deleted, and nothing is showing up in previous saves. but the thing is, in my saves folder the world is still there, but in game it does not exist. does anybody know how to fix this?...
  6. My Minecraft world got self deleted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft world got self deleted: My minecraft world that i have been working on for about a month in time now got self deleted. I was just on it earlier in the day and it was a little bit slow but it wasnt anything bad. Then i...
  7. My Minecraft World Got Deleted On Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft World Got Deleted On Xbox One: Hello. My siblings and I were playing Minecraft when the system all of a sudden crashed. This was a world that we have had for the past two months, with tons of progress and was 2 GB's big. We had...
  8. I purchased the 3-month membership through the Minecraft promotion, yet the game never got to ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I purchased the 3-month membership through the Minecraft promotion, yet the game never got to ...: A month ago, I purchased the Xbox live 3-month membership subscription through the Xbox dashboard, with the sole purpose of receiving a free Minecraft download code, as the promotion stated. This...
  9. Got Xbox one minecraft and after putting in codes son says its the pocket version not full ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got Xbox one minecraft and after putting in codes son says its the pocket version not full ...: need help totally new to Xbox and don't know what I'm doing. 3c04ae33-2404-49d1-98a5-58ab96aaca0a
  10. Got minecraft on x360, do i have to rebuy on pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got minecraft on x360, do i have to rebuy on pc?: See title. Got new PC. with minecraft already installed. thought i had full version. i might have skipped a code or is there any way to get it free on pc because i have it on console?...