Got Minecraft for Windows 10 Free from Mojang - Still asks me to purchase it in game

Discus and support Got Minecraft for Windows 10 Free from Mojang - Still asks me to purchase it in game in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; As the title says, I got Minecraft for Windows 10 from Mojang. I owned Minecraft: Java Edition for a long time, so they gave it to me for free.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Xx DesertFOX xX, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Got Minecraft for Windows 10 Free from Mojang - Still asks me to purchase it in game

As the title says, I got Minecraft for Windows 10 from Mojang. I owned Minecraft: Java Edition for a long time, so they gave it to me for free. However, when I launch the game, it asks me to sign in and purchase the game. If I already own the game,
    why do I need to purchase it again? Can someone please help me out here?

:)

Xx DesertFOX xX, Jul 6, 2019
  2. MDG o CROWN o Win User

Got Minecraft for Windows 10 Free from Mojang - Still asks me to purchase it in game

you have to link your mojan account with the microsoft account so you can claim the code to be able to play the windows version
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Players who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account. Once you've migrated your account, you will be able to claim a code for Minecraft for Windows 10
  4. Ackis Win User

Did you redeem the code? :)
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Minecraft Dungeons

there are 2 versions, minecraft windows 10 version and mojang minecraft java edition, these are 2 completely seperate games if you purchase the mojang one you still need to purchase the windows 10 version if you want that one.
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

I need some help regarding claiming my windows 10 edition of Minecraft.

Hi MK,

Thanks for asking this question on the Xbox forums. In regard to any codes for a free version of Minecraft for Windows 10 with the purchase of Minecraft Java version, that would need to come directly from Mojang. According to their website, "Players
    who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account.
    "

Should you like to check your ability to claim this code, I recommend following the instructions provided in the Mojang Support article entitled
    Minecraft for Windows 10.
    If it is determined that you're not eligible, then you would need to purchase that particular version in order to use it.

Give this a try and let us know the results.

I hope that this helps you out!
Thema:

1. Got Minecraft for Windows 10 Free from Mojang - Still asks me to purchase it in game - Similar Threads - Got Minecraft Windows

2. I got Minecraft and it is stuck in beta mode

in XboX Insiders
    I got Minecraft and it is stuck in beta mode: I got Minecraft through the game pass. and when I installed it it was in beta. and I never signed up for it either. I went to the insider hub and it doesn't even say I'm in the beta or shows the...
  3. Minecraft Master Collection - I got no mine coin or packs help plz

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft Master Collection - I got no mine coin or packs help plz: I just bought it but i don't have any of it help? d62d99a8-646e-453d-9289-ea2871f45a3a
  4. I’ve got a switch lite and minecraft also got Nintendo account and Microsoft paid yearly...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’ve got a switch lite and minecraft also got Nintendo account and Microsoft paid yearly...: Got a switch lite and minecraft got a microsoft account and nintendo account paid yearly subscription still cant cross match platforms as says need both accounts but i have them please can someone...
  5. I got Microsoft on my ps4 and I can’t play Minecraft multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got Microsoft on my ps4 and I can’t play Minecraft multiplayer: I got my microsoft acount my ps4 but it wont let me play multiplayer 0ffdae3b-0c15-4546-ace3-27c7c03031e6
  6. I got someone elses account when logging into Minecraft for Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I got someone elses account when logging into Minecraft for Nintendo Switch: When I logged into Nintendo Switch Minecraft, it said that it connected with an Xbox live account even though I don't even have one. Then, when I tried to join a realm, it said that I "cannot play...
  7. Minecraft dungeon hero bundle- not got the hero part

in XBoX on Consoles
    Minecraft dungeon hero bundle- not got the hero part: I have bought the minecraft dungeon hero bundle. The minecraft hero part is not showing up as available for me. How do I get this bit having already paid for it? c4569914-91de-473f-8c7c-105e54d81e95
  8. My minecraft world got corrupted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My minecraft world got corrupted: My minecraft world got corrupted after a crash that happened. I have tried almost everythig to fix it but nothing has worked so far. [img] b9e6e579-aa9e-428e-bffd-78ba5c4abf98
  9. My Minecraft copy got deleted.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft copy got deleted.: I entered a code I got from my Minecraft edition Xbox One S a while back and a few days after I got the game, and actively played the game, it said that I didn't own it. As a kid I didn't mind it...
  10. I got minecraft Java edition and they didn't give me the code for the windows 10 edition.

in XBoX on Windows
    I got minecraft Java edition and they didn't give me the code for the windows 10 edition.: I bought the Minecraft Java edition but did not get a code for the windows 10 edition, even when I go to redeem code there is none being sent to my email or has been sent in the receipt. Is there...