Got my Elite controller series 2, great hardware, software bit lacking - on PC

Discus and support Got my Elite controller series 2, great hardware, software bit lacking - on PC in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Got the new controller. Absolutely love it. The hardware is great. Great improvements over the first one. Which i also owned. The software (called Xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jamescholden, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Got my Elite controller series 2, great hardware, software bit lacking - on PC

Got the new controller. Absolutely love it. The hardware is great. Great improvements over the first one. Which i also owned. The software (called Xbox Accessories app) is great on the Xbox.

On PC however it's not as great. My issue with it consists of one big thing. You can't map keyboard keys or hotkeys to the controller buttons or paddles. The paddles would be especially useful if you could map keyboard keys to them. That's I think the most logical and natural use for them when using the controller on PC. I personally don't see myself using the paddles at all unless I can do that.

Now, I have learned of 3rd party software that allows you to do this. The best one appears to be called "reWASD" and has a lot of references to the Elite controller and unleashing the power of the paddles. But I really think this functionality should be built into the official Xbox Accessories app. Maybe MS could hire the reWASD team and integrate their software. They seem to be doing a really great job.

342 reviews, 2 stars. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/x...0xj3?SilentAuth=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

https://www.rewasd.com/

Unleash the power of Xbox Elite paddles. Don’t have enough freedom with native Xbox Accessories app while using Xbox Elite on PC? Here is when you should remap Xbox controller with reWASD. Our gamepad mapper interchanges not only the keys and buttons, but also can map Xbox Elite paddles to keyboard.

Four Xbox Elite paddles give you more control while playing. With reWASD, you can assign any action to them and get the pros of Elite controller even in the games without the native Xbox support.

Hardware thoughts

I do have some thoughts about the hardware I'd like to share. This controller is excellent already but there's always room for improvement. And people have different preferences.

I think it would be awesome if they used mechanical switches for the buttons on the controller. By that I mean like Omron or Cherry MX or Topre. Topre feels similar to the existing rubber dome switches that are used for the ABXY buttons. Or they could develop their own.

I also think it would be cool to be able to change the color of the Xbox logo LED. Green for instance for that old school Xbox nostalgia factor.

Another thing I would change is the non-removable battery. I'm concerned this $180 controller will become useless after a certain number of years and you will have to use it wired most of the time. Batteries eventually lose their capacity to hold a charge. Maybe there should be a replacement program offered.

It would be nice if MS sold more thumbsticks for the controller. I love that they have Xbox 360 style thumbsticks included. It would be awesome if they sold OG Xbox Duke controller and OG Xbox Controller S thumbsticks too. Also PS4 style thumbsticks would be awesome because they are nice too.

And finally, while I do think the Xbox One controller shape is comfortable. I do think that the Xbox 360 controller had a more comfortable shape and more natural and comfortable ergonomics. I think this is because when they developed the Xbox One controller they made it more flat and angular compared to the round curves of the previous controllers. Really not sure why they changed the shape like that.

Honestly they should allow Hyperkin to make an updated version of the Xbox Controller S and Xbox 360 Controller for the Xbox One. Just like they did with the Duke in 3 colors which is awesome. https://www.hyperkin.com/duke-wired-controller-for-xbox-one-windows-10-pc-black-hyperkin.html

submitted by /u/jamescholden
    [link] [comments]

/u/jamescholden, Nov 5, 2019
  2. vinz357 Win User

Elite Series 2 controller Bluetooth issue

3. k1Helix z Win User

Elite Controller

The new elite series 2 is out now, I also had problems with my elite controller but at the end I got used to it, I haven't bought a new one in a while
  4. ImJustGamingYT Win User

Xbox One Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues

I've had this question on my mind for a while about the Xbox Elite controller series 2.

can you use a wireless headset using the Bluetooth on the Xbox Elite controller series 2 thanks,
  5. Undeadfire Zero Win User

Dragon Age 3 and Half Life 3 at GamesCom? (Rumour)

Mass effect is a great series no way close to being finished. They're just a bit stupid on their multiplayer balancing. Dragon Age 2 was good just lack of work on the game. Copy and paste dungeons also lack of travel.
  6. chzxmnky Win User

Will the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 be compatible with the Xbox One Chatpad accessory? Will the controller fit into the case with the Chatpad attached?

That's great! Thank you for the response.

Would you happen to know if the controller will fit back into the case with the Chatpad accessory attached? This was possible with the Series 2 Elite Controller.

Thank you!
Thema:

Got my Elite controller series 2, great hardware, software bit lacking - on PC

1. Got my Elite controller series 2, great hardware, software bit lacking - on PC - Similar Threads - Got Elite controller

2. A kid got me banned for wanting to rp i did not want to so can you please fix this

in XBoX on Consoles
    A kid got me banned for wanting to rp i did not want to so can you please fix this: I got communication banned for doing nothing 8e2e4007-a76a-4e35-bd12-013a9da45ee9
  3. Got a bunch of used games...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Got a bunch of used games...: Hey, so I got some old games from eBay. Some are working great, and some not so much. I'm running them all on an Xbox 360 S. Games that are working great: GTA III & Vice City Manhunt Max...
  4. Finally got my invite

in XboX Insiders
    Finally got my invite: [IMG] submitted by /u/Qwertyfam [link] [comments]
  5. JUST GOT IN!! PSA FOR THOSE STILL WAITING...

in XboX Insiders
    JUST GOT IN!! PSA FOR THOSE STILL WAITING...: [IMG] submitted by /u/KerbalCommander117 [link] [comments]
  6. Got a message about Alpha Ring

in XboX Insiders
    Got a message about Alpha Ring: I got a message saying "Hey Xbox Insider! Earlier this year you responded to a survey and expressed interest in joining the Xbox One Update Preview Alpha ring. We’ve opened registration for the...
  7. Got an e-mail saying I've been selected to join Project xCloud (Preview) a couple weeks ago...

in XboX Insiders
    Got an e-mail saying I've been selected to join Project xCloud (Preview) a couple weeks ago...: I installed the app when I received the e-mail, but hadn't had the time to try it out until tonight. Now I get a message saying "Could not sign in. There was an issue signing in. Try again later."...
  8. Am I the only sick of the explicit word stuff they’ve got?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Am I the only sick of the explicit word stuff they’ve got?: Ive recently got banned from messaging on xbox (again) all because i said a swear word. Look. I was playing battlefield 4 all normal whit my friend, and we swear to each other as jokes because...
  9. ive just bought a second hand xbox 360 live elite how can i tell if its got games saved on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ive just bought a second hand xbox 360 live elite how can i tell if its got games saved on...: ive just bought a second hand xbox 360 live elite how can i tell if its got games saved on the hard drive and can i play those games without the disc a1b0e158-a8b9-4093-9c1d-9d53aaae1e44
  10. Bought Haloween Elite pack for Gears Of War 4 from xbox.com, got charged but never received my ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Haloween Elite pack for Gears Of War 4 from xbox.com, got charged but never received my ...: Hello, Few hours ago I went to xbox store (Austrian page) and I purchased an Elite haloween Pack for 5€, got charged and received a confirmation email for purchase but pack has still not unlocked...