Got my Elite controller series 2, great hardware, software bit lacking - on PC

Discus and support Got my Elite controller series 2, great hardware, software bit lacking - on PC in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Got the new controller. Absolutely love it. The hardware is great. Great improvements over the first one. Which i also owned. The software (called Xbox... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jamescholden, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Got my Elite controller series 2, great hardware, software bit lacking - on PC

Got the new controller. Absolutely love it. The hardware is great. Great improvements over the first one. Which i also owned. The software (called Xbox Accessories app) is great on the Xbox.

On PC however it's not as great. My issue with it consists of one big thing. You can't map keyboard keys or hotkeys to the controller buttons or paddles. The paddles would be especially useful if you could map keyboard keys to them. That's I think the most logical and natural use for them when using the controller on PC. I personally don't see myself using the paddles at all unless I can do that.

Now, I have learned of 3rd party software that allows you to do this. The best one appears to be called "reWASD" and has a lot of references to the Elite controller and unleashing the power of the paddles. But I really think this functionality should be built into the official Xbox Accessories app. Maybe MS could hire the reWASD team and integrate their software. They seem to be doing a really great job.

342 reviews, 2 stars. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/x...0xj3?SilentAuth=1&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

https://www.rewasd.com/

Unleash the power of Xbox Elite paddles. Don’t have enough freedom with native Xbox Accessories app while using Xbox Elite on PC? Here is when you should remap Xbox controller with reWASD. Our gamepad mapper interchanges not only the keys and buttons, but also can map Xbox Elite paddles to keyboard.

Four Xbox Elite paddles give you more control while playing. With reWASD, you can assign any action to them and get the pros of Elite controller even in the games without the native Xbox support.

Hardware thoughts

I do have some thoughts about the hardware I'd like to share. This controller is excellent already but there's always room for improvement. And people have different preferences.

I think it would be awesome if they used mechanical switches for the buttons on the controller. By that I mean like Omron or Cherry MX or Topre. Topre feels similar to the existing rubber dome switches that are used for the ABXY buttons. Or they could develop their own.

I also think it would be cool to be able to change the color of the Xbox logo LED. Green for instance for that old school Xbox nostalgia factor.

Another thing I would change is the non-removable battery. I'm concerned this $180 controller will become useless after a certain number of years and you will have to use it wired most of the time. Batteries eventually lose their capacity to hold a charge. Maybe there should be a replacement program offered.

It would be nice if MS sold more thumbsticks for the controller. I love that they have Xbox 360 style thumbsticks included. It would be awesome if they sold OG Xbox Duke controller and OG Xbox Controller S thumbsticks too. Also PS4 style thumbsticks would be awesome because they are nice too.

And finally, while I do think the Xbox One controller shape is comfortable. I do think that the Xbox 360 controller had a more comfortable shape and more natural and comfortable ergonomics. I think this is because when they developed the Xbox One controller they made it more flat and angular compared to the round curves of the previous controllers. Really not sure why they changed the shape like that.

Honestly they should allow Hyperkin to make an updated version of the Xbox Controller S and Xbox 360 Controller for the Xbox One. Just like they did with the Duke in 3 colors which is awesome. https://www.hyperkin.com/duke-wired-controller-for-xbox-one-windows-10-pc-black-hyperkin.html

submitted by /u/jamescholden
    [link] [comments]

/u/jamescholden, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Flymonkey102 Win User

merry christmas

Best gift from the wife was a Series 2 Elite. It's a great controller!
  3. MaskedMenace136 Win User

Lack of Controller care and innovation

Sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with the current Xbox controllers, however, the question forum is the incorrect place to post your feedback. Unless you are asking about current Xbox controller advancements in-which case that would be the Xbox Elite Controller
    Series 1 and Xbox Elite Controller Series 2. The Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 being the newest on the market and being awarded,
    "Best of E3 2019 - Hardware/Peripheral" - Game Critics Awards.

For more information about these new Xbox controllers please visit the below links.

Xbox Elite Controller Series 1

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2
  4. Doosh Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Hardware issues

There is no know hardware revision released to the Elite Series 2 controller from Microsoft at this time which related to resolving the hardware issues. Happy to be proved wrong.
  5. Doosh Win User

Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Hardware issues

If there is a better working series 2 Elite controller, there would be a new serial number associated with the improved change as a result of a hardware change.

Can users start documenting on this forum here their serial numbers (or any other details) of the series 2 Elite controller. Hopefully we can monitor when the hardware change occurs.

However, it would be nice that if Microsoft can keep us updated with any progress or hardware revision.
  6. xxxTIMBURYxxx Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller

Thema:

Got my Elite controller series 2, great hardware, software bit lacking - on PC

1. Got my Elite controller series 2, great hardware, software bit lacking - on PC - Similar Threads - Got Elite controller

2. i got banned for no reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    i got banned for no reason: i was watching youtube then it kicked me out my account and it said your xbox live account is permanently suspended from xbox live but i didnt do anything wrong pls unban my xbox account...
  3. I got a content takedown for no reason please fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    I got a content takedown for no reason please fix this: I got a content takedown out of nowhere for group posts please fix this i am worried e849f55d-6c83-44a9-9e67-e44ed005c28b
  4. I just got a mandatory update popup for Microsoft flight simulator 2020 now it no longer works.

in XBoX on Windows
    I just got a mandatory update popup for Microsoft flight simulator 2020 now it no longer works.: Got a popup for Microsoft flight simulator 2020 indicating a mandatory update. Ran update now program no longer runs at all What am I supposed to do? 5b1edab6-de2e-47ef-b8e3-f27f285c954e
  5. I’ve got a minor issue. Xbox one X Throws errors, I’m not the original owner has been...

in XboX Insiders
    I’ve got a minor issue. Xbox one X Throws errors, I’m not the original owner has been...: I’ve got a Xbox one X, that’s enrolled in the Insider program and it’s giving all kinds of errors E101/2/5/6. Is there a way I could forcefully unenroll and downgrade the console back to a normal...
  6. Elite controller replacement got canceled

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller replacement got canceled: On March 29 I had did the controller replacement request and they said they would send me another email with specific order details. A couple weeks later got another email saying that the request...
  7. My Elite Gen 1 that just got repaired is having issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite Gen 1 that just got repaired is having issues.: I had just got back the controller that I sent into Microsoft and the vibration no longer works and the left stick is feels rough when it moves now. When I tried to type in the serial number to...
  8. Xbox White Elite Controller - Series 1 got a broken replacement TWICE.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox White Elite Controller - Series 1 got a broken replacement TWICE.: Hello everyone - bit of a frustrated customer today. I've been having an ongoing issue with Microsoft/Xbox with replacing my elite controller. Used my warranty to get a replacement for my...
  9. ive just bought a second hand xbox 360 live elite how can i tell if its got games saved on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ive just bought a second hand xbox 360 live elite how can i tell if its got games saved on...: ive just bought a second hand xbox 360 live elite how can i tell if its got games saved on the hard drive and can i play those games without the disc a1b0e158-a8b9-4093-9c1d-9d53aaae1e44
  10. Bought Haloween Elite pack for Gears Of War 4 from xbox.com, got charged but never received my ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought Haloween Elite pack for Gears Of War 4 from xbox.com, got charged but never received my ...: Hello, Few hours ago I went to xbox store (Austrian page) and I purchased an Elite haloween Pack for 5€, got charged and received a confirmation email for purchase but pack has still not unlocked...