Got wrong gamertag when changing it

Discus and support Got wrong gamertag when changing it in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I was going to change my gamertag because i got tired of the one i recently had but i got a problem. I wrote in my gt that i wanted and it was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jesse berg byqvist, Feb 12, 2019 at 10:54 AM.

1. Got wrong gamertag when changing it

Hi! I was going to change my gamertag because i got tired of the one i recently had but i got a problem. I wrote in my gt that i wanted and it was aviable but when i was going to pay it said that it wasnt able to change it and that i was going wait and
    try agian later. So i waited 10 min and tried again but it still wasnt able to enter the site where you were going to confirm the purchase. I tried a random gt to see if it was able to enter confirm purchase (i wasnt going to confirm i just wanted to see if
    it would work with a different gt) but it didnt enter confirm purchase and it didnt even ask if i was sure to change gt or anything but it still changed to that random gt and i lost my money that i got for christmas. I would really want a refund because i
    never confirmed a purchase and i think its really weird that it just changed without me paying but i still lost money and sorry for my english im swedish/ Jesse

:)

jesse berg byqvist, Feb 12, 2019 at 10:54 AM
  2. choppyseize Win User

That's why it's also important to not 'test" things to see what happens. You should always contact support first so you can avoid this again in the future.
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Jesse,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums for this issue. Sorry to hear that you were having issues with your gamertag change.

In regards to reversing the payment, you would need to submit a refund request.

Click here to complete a Refund Request Webform,

After you submit the request, you’ll receive confirmation and follow-up emails that will include instructions on how to keep track of the status of your request.

If you have questions about the process or have not heard anything within 48 hours please reply to the confirmation email sent to you.
    Our dedicated team is ready to assist you.

I hope that this helps out.
  4. jesse berg byqvist Win User

But it should always come a page were you confirm the purchase and choose how you want to pay
  5. John Reczniarek Win User

Personal name change?

No, not change the gamertag - change my personal name in which the letters i get sent are addressed to - it is currently wrong. I'd like to change it...

I don't know why it marked it as the right answer when i pressed the wrong answer button!?
  6. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag got changed

You would have to just change it again. You will have to pay for another change so I'd get your brother to pay for it.
Thema:

1. Got wrong gamertag when changing it - Similar Threads - Got wrong gamertag

2. Got the Mail that something is wrong with my Account

in XBoX Rewards
    Got the Mail that something is wrong with my Account: Hi i got the mail that something is wrong with my account that i should contact the support here. 54a5c563-3cfc-4ace-944b-d5b6e1236657
  3. Got CODE From Rewards that comes up as wrong region

in XBoX Rewards
    Got CODE From Rewards that comes up as wrong region: my CODE I just received from Rewards says it is out of REGION. I will supply the CODE to u as proof and the email in which it came. 3b712db1-4136-42c4-bc86-cf3774159197
  4. somethings is got wrong

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    somethings is got wrong: i've just dowlounded the game of Halo Wars definitive edition just a few weeks ago and played without a connection to internet and after that i've tried to play with the game again and i can't...
  5. Enforcement Team's got the wrong guy

in XBoX on Consoles
    Enforcement Team's got the wrong guy: My brother was playing on my account and some dude kept on pestering him with trash talk and spamming and stuff like that. My brother then messaged the player to leave him alone with some...
  6. I got banned for the wrong reason

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got banned for the wrong reason: I was playing rainbow six siege with my friends and we got in a game with a guy that kept team killing us and swearing at us. We didn’t really care, then he joined the party and called me bad...
  7. Got gold, but wrong account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got gold, but wrong account: So I recently bought and Xbox live card, and I was going through the process of getting the gold put into my profile while mean time a came across a page. It was one Microsoft has made but it had...
  8. I got home and was banned. I don’t recall doing absolutely anything wrong.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I got home and was banned. I don’t recall doing absolutely anything wrong.: I got home after 8 hours of snowboarding and see that I was randomly banned. Don’t recall doing anything wrong. I may cuss here and there with some friends but so do they. In fact they say worse...
  9. Got a new xbox. Set up with wrong microsoft account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got a new xbox. Set up with wrong microsoft account: We previously had an xbox that stopped working. We purchased a new one but could not remember which Microsoft account we signed in with on the old one. Before we figured which one it was, my...
  10. Xbox enforcement has got this wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox enforcement has got this wrong: I got banned yesterday for communication so I carry on playing without my headsets because I can't chat to anyone online or any of my friends and today I receive a banned for harassment abuse and...