Gray homescreen with nothing appearing. But can access the Guide

Discus and support Gray homescreen with nothing appearing. But can access the Guide in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I turned off my Xbox by pressing down on the power button for 10 seconds until it shut off. I booted it back up. Now All I get is a gray screen where... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MysteryUserOP, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Gray homescreen with nothing appearing. But can access the Guide

I turned off my Xbox by pressing down on the power button for 10 seconds until it shut off. I booted it back up. Now All I get is a gray screen where my homescreen should be. But I am able to press the Xbox button to bring up the mini menu, however my dashboard is still a blank gray screen.

Edit: I can go into a game to launch it. But, for instance, Call of Duty Modern Warfare has an update pending. I selected "Update" from the prompt upon game launch. I still get a gray screen so I can't tell what it's doing. If I try to go into "my games and apps" from the Xbox button menu, I get a gray screen still.

Edit 2: I have tried restarting it twice. I have held the power button down for 10 seconds until it shut off and then rebooted it back twice as well. Same thing.

submitted by /u/MysteryUserOP
    [link] [comments]

/u/MysteryUserOP, Sep 21, 2019
  2. YouTubBLAQSONiC Win User

Setting Colour & Gamerpic

i am having this issue too! also all the boxes on my homescreen are just gray or green (apart from the games) all the apps like netflix, twitch, youtube, upload studio, are all just blank gray or green boxes instead of their logos!
  3. x24hrs2livex Win User

Xbox logo causing burn in

Are you just sitting at the homescreen? While playing a game the logo doesnt appear. There is no way to turn the logo off,so it would be best to avoid sitting at the homescreen for an extended period of time
  4. gds1972 Win User

Xbox One Home

OK after pressing the Xbox button to bring the guide up and without pressing any other button on the controller try pressing the A button twice and the console should then return to the homescreen. If the console does return to the homescreen then the console
    is behaving how it should.
  5. Galactic Geek Win User

D4 to Release Tomorrow

That's odd, Lost - my guide never opens up unless I press X while on the homescreen... Weird.
  6. Liam Roberts Win User

Mixer grayed out on the guide.

I am having the exact same issue. Any help here MS would be grand.
Thema:

Gray homescreen with nothing appearing. But can access the Guide

1. Gray homescreen with nothing appearing. But can access the Guide - Similar Threads - Gray homescreen nothing

2. Forza Horizon 4 - Grayed Out Auction House

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 - Grayed Out Auction House: My 10 year old sons spent $100 ea saved up from their christmas and birthdays to buy this game for their PCs after seeing me play it on the Xbox One. They are both over level 100, but still can't...
  3. Party grayed out 14 days after communication ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Party grayed out 14 days after communication ban: So on August 13th I had a communication ban which was completed at 11:40pm on August 14th. For fifteen days now I have not been able to start a party, join other parties, send messages or receive...
  4. Cannot request refund, submit button is grayed out.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot request refund, submit button is grayed out.: I've been trying for hours to refund DLC for a game on Xbox One that I do not own but the Submit button is grayed out and I cannot submit it even though I've filled out every box. I've tried...
  5. We need a gray-colour theme and also a better way to tell which game is...

in XBoX Accessibility
    We need a gray-colour theme and also a better way to tell which game is...: Hello all! I had two quick suggestions to help improve the Xbox One UI - 1) Right now we have a dark theme and a light theme. The light theme is far too bright for most TVs. I would love to see...
  6. Xbox Game Pass app blank gray screen after signing in?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass app blank gray screen after signing in?: Doing all this on Windows 10 build 1903. Since installing the beta Xbox app, it looks fine up until I sign in, at which point the app turns completely blank, just showing a dark gray screen with...
  7. Allow variable refresh rate grayed out

in XBoX Accessibility
    Allow variable refresh rate grayed out: hi all I have just purchased a Samsung LC32HG70QQUXEN so i could take advantage of the variable refresh rate along with this i also purchased a high speed Monster HDMI cable (im also apart of the...
  8. Site is gray and i cant get to the rewards page please help

in XBoX Rewards
    Site is gray and i cant get to the rewards page please help: [img] [img] 331b84c7-de3e-4216-998c-2f29fbd96c25
  9. Grayed out payment option

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grayed out payment option: I was trying to buy a one month Xbox live membership when I realized that the Microsoft account for payment option was grayed out for some reason, I do have money in the account. Does it take the...
  10. Xbox live can’t connect gray loading circle glitch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live can’t connect gray loading circle glitch: WiFi connection perfect, but when my Xbox turns on, the Xbox home background is gray and it says I’m not logged into my Xbox live account. So I select my gamer tag and it looks like it’s gonna...