Great Internet Speed - Not so great latency

Discus and support Great Internet Speed - Not so great latency in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Great Internet Speed - Not so great latency Hi, Are you suffering from connectivity issues and lag when playing online? Your Ping of 51 is fine for... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by MoneyMakerr, Oct 13, 2020.

1. MoneyMakerr
    MoneyMakerr Guest

Hi,

Are you suffering from connectivity issues and lag when playing online? Your Ping of 51 is fine for online games generally.

Did you get your test results from the Xbox or a internet speed test website?

Ping is the time data takes to go to a destination and return. Ping doesn't need a fast connection to get a better result, it's the distance that matters. I use
    www.speedtest.net to check my connection speed. It's more reliable as it tests a local server near me rather than a Microsoft data centre that could be hundreds (perhaps thousands) of
    miles away.

When I test my local server I get a ping of 9, great, my connection is working fine. I'm from the United Kingdom, if I ping a server in New York USA my ping is 90. This is fine too, it's 3,500 miles away.

:)

MoneyMakerr, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Are you suffering from connectivity issues and lag when playing online? Your Ping of 51 is fine for online games generally.

Did you get your test results from the Xbox or a internet speed test website?

Ping is the time data takes to go to a destination and return. Ping doesn't need a fast connection to get a better result, it's the distance that matters. I use
    www.speedtest.net to check my connection speed. It's more reliable as it tests a local server near me rather than a Microsoft data centre that could be hundreds (perhaps thousands) of
    miles away.

When I test my local server I get a ping of 9, great, my connection is working fine. I'm from the United Kingdom, if I ping a server in New York USA my ping is 90. This is fine too, it's 3,500 miles away.
  3. Mythic Sandman Win User

Lag

Great Download speed. Upload is decent. Improving with hard wiring in your internet connection to the console will benefit better latency performance.
  4. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Network latency for LIVE on xbox one

Hi Cheerio,

76ms latency is not bad at all. That is less than one tenth of a second of latency. Also, a download speed of 47 mbps is great. The recommended download speed for Xbox Live is 3mbps.
  5. Flux Aspire Win User

Internet problem

2 with 3-5 devices and I have a great download speed of 250 and latency of 20 to low 30s
  6. Stavking Win User

Slow internet speed

I tasted my speed just by serching on goggle, check internet speed, Did that on 2 website. The download speed could be a reflection on my latency dont it? When i played a year ago i got slower internet speed in my house but my xbox got the all the amount
    so i had better latency
Thema:

1. Great Internet Speed - Not so great latency - Similar Threads - Great Internet Speed

2. (100% Packet Loss) Xbox Live and Xbox Services not working, while I have great connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    (100% Packet Loss) Xbox Live and Xbox Services not working, while I have great connection: Alright, I am at my wits end for this issue. I am hard wired. The issue stays the same, if not worse, if I switch to WiFi. When I start up my Xbox, it says "connect to xbox live". When I select...
  3. Great morning :) Almost had a Series X, but Support blew it!!!!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Great morning :) Almost had a Series X, but Support blew it!!!!: Got up early this morning and pre ordered a Series X on Microsoft's store. All is good and confirmed. But when i get the confirmation, they have put on my old address and not the one currently...
  4. Great morning :) Almost had a Series X

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Great morning :) Almost had a Series X: Got up early this morning and pre ordered a Series X on Microsoft's store. All is good and confirmed. But when i get the confirmation, they have put on my old address and not the one currently...
  5. The team did a great job, lots of NXE vibes from the rounded corners and colour gradients

in XboX Insiders
    The team did a great job, lots of NXE vibes from the rounded corners and colour gradients: [IMG] submitted by /u/MulTiTeaser [link] [comments]
  6. The new menu is great! Easier to read IMO. Nice!

in XboX Insiders
    The new menu is great! Easier to read IMO. Nice!: [IMG] submitted by /u/Tyrantes [link] [comments]
  7. Help would be greatly appreciated

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help would be greatly appreciated: On August 2nd my xbox live account received a 14 day suspension, it has been 14 days 5 hours since the suspension. I am still unable to sign in to my account it still says my account is...
  8. Great stats not no internet

in XBoX on Windows
    Great stats not no internet: I cannot connect to any games period cannot join or create a party. I checked my detailed statistics it said I had a 200 megabytes per second download speed and a 30 megabytes per second upload...
  9. I have a great internet but somehow have the biggest internet lag ever ingame

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a great internet but somehow have the biggest internet lag ever ingame: Honestly have no idea whats going on this is the only game that acts up like this its kinda dumb. I cant even enjoy the game because it lags so hard ill shoot someone and it takes 5-10 secs for it...
  10. lag with great internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    lag with great internet: Whenever i play any game on xbone online the first 3 minutes are great but then lag sets in and makes it unbearable too play all my internet details are far above the minimum requirments and i...