Greyed our volume and muted mic

Discus and support Greyed our volume and muted mic in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can anyone help with what has happened to my sons xbox? He had a headset which worked completely fine with the mic abs plugged into any of the 3... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sharklord1727, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Greyed our volume and muted mic

Can anyone help with what has happened to my sons xbox? He had a headset which worked completely fine with the mic abs plugged into any of the 3 controllers he has. One day stops working so i buy him a new one different brand. It doesnt work either mic
    symbol still has diagonal line through it and i cant change the volume of the controller its permanently greyed out. Ive watched countless you tube videos, one line forums, reviews solutions from the microsoft site and nothing works. Updated controller,
    changed audio and video settings, taken out batteries, amended ease of access, reset the entire xbox, deleted and re installed his profile im going crazy ! Does the xbox one only work with microsoft headphones all of a sudden?? Both sets of headphones work
    as ive tried them on phones and both say on amazon they are compatable with an xbox one! Before i throw it all out can anyone help lol thank you!

:)

sharklord1727, Aug 19, 2019
  2. sharklord1727 Win User

Thabka Brad ill try this and let you know!
  3. ManiacalSmiley Win User

Im having the same trouble. Got 3 headsets and 2 controllers, controllers both have a 3.5mm jack port so no need for an adapter. Both controllers where working perfectly with all 3 headsets before the 15th of this month when i done the system update. All
    headsets still work in other devices too.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Shark,

Thanks for coming to he forums with your issue. When you update the controller do you have the headset plugged in? Also, there has been a recent update on the Xbox.

This may have affected the 3rd party headsets temporarily. Try updating the controller with headset plugged in and controller connected via USB cable. If that doesn't work there is a

stereo headset adapter
    you can try. Sometimes the 3.5mm jack on the controller goes bad. I wouldn't throw the headset out as it does work.

Try these and let us know.

Brad
  5. joshapplegate1 Win User

Xbox one s headset stoped working

Mute icon is always displayed ( mic with line through it ) I was assuming the headset is not an "off breed" it is a turtle beach XBOX recon50x. Starting parties and testing in all aspects of the xbox nothing changes the icon and under settings the volume
    and mute buttons are "greyed out" and not accessible.
  6. Radiant Sword X Win User

Xbox One S - Recording Game Clip To External Hard Drive, No Mic Audio Recorded

Did you check your headset to ensure the volume is not muted? Your mic may be muted. And also, check to make sure in the settings that the volume is set to headset for chat mixer.
Thema:

1. Greyed our volume and muted mic - Similar Threads - Greyed volume muted

2. XBox One Controller Volume Greyed Out

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One Controller Volume Greyed Out: My son’s headset for his xbox one suddenly stopped working and we thought it was simply a broken headset. So i bought him a brand new Xbox One headset but it doesn’t work. Tried to adjust the...
  3. Volume option greyed out on settings for controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume option greyed out on settings for controller: My the mic icon has had a line through it. On settings Kinect and devices for the controller the volume button is greyed out. I have different headphones and no luck. Any advice please?...
  4. Volume greyed out on controller settings - mic / headphones not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume greyed out on controller settings - mic / headphones not working: My sons headphones and mic have stopped working and the microphone icon is always crossed out. The headphones have been checked on other devices and work. I have seen forums saying to go into...
  5. Volume greyed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume greyed out: Bought an xbox one s for my son at christmas & turtle beach headphones. They worked for a couple of weeks & since an update havent worked since, they work in other things & i bought more...
  6. Volume button greyed out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume button greyed out: I just bought set of turtle beach headset and am can't hear anything, system is saying that there "We are unable to find a microphone for these people". We have unplugged everything, plugged it...
  7. Xbox One-s Controller Volume Greyed Out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One-s Controller Volume Greyed Out: I bought a new Xbox One S for my son for Christmas, he recently got an online game and wanted to use voice chat so I bought him a headset with mic. When I plug the headset in to the controller...
  8. Brand new Xbox one s controller won’t recognise headsets and volume greyed out in settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox one s controller won’t recognise headsets and volume greyed out in settings: got xbox one s sport controller,headphones worked for 2 days then nothing wont recognise any headset,but if i use an xbox one x controller with my xbox s and headset no problem,volume setting...
  9. Volume option greyed out on settings for controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Volume option greyed out on settings for controller: for the last 12 months the mic icon has had a line through it. On settings Kinect and devices for the controller the volume button is greyed out. I have bought 3 new sets of headphones My little...
  10. Headset no mic volume as greyed out!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset no mic volume as greyed out!!: Hello Need some help pls. Following a recent update my sons headset has stopped working, both in terms of the microphone and the earphones. I have swopped the headset out for another two other...