Grinding noise and disc stuck in drive

Discus and support Grinding noise and disc stuck in drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; After inserting a disc the drive now makes a grinding noise and will not eject the disc. Manual ejection does not work. Cannot register XBOX One to set... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by scamp0000, Mar 30, 2015.

1. scamp0000
    scamp0000 Guest

After inserting a disc the drive now makes a grinding noise and will not eject the disc. Manual ejection does not work. Cannot register XBOX One to set up a service request. Any ideas?

:)

scamp0000, Mar 30, 2015
  2. oreoes251
    oreoes251 Guest
    Disc Drive

My disc drive will not play anything and makes a grinding noise anytime i put something in it. Help

pls

oreoes251, Mar 30, 2015
  3. Canon
    Canon Guest
    Disc drives malfunctioning in Xbox One units

I just read an article that says Microsoft is acknowledging faulty disc drives in some Xbox One units. Some people are having a problem with the drive making a grinding noise and not reading the disc, so if you have this problem, you're not alone!

Canon, Mar 30, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the console. If you cannot set up the registration then give phone support a call. They can help with both the registration and setting up a repair.

If you live in North America dial 1-800-469-9269

onyxishere, Mar 30, 2015
  5. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear you're having issues with the console. If you cannot set up the registration then give phone support a call. They can help with both the registration and setting up a repair.

If you live in North America dial 1-800-469-9269
  6. Major Wreckus Win User

CD Drive Noise?

You'll never have a 100% silent disc drive when it is reading data from the disc. As long as it is still reading/detecting the disc fine and not a loud grinding noise, I wouldn't worry about it.

Hmm, a clicking noise...could be the hard drive.
  7. Internet Expert Win User

when the disc goes in, it makes like an overheating sound and it doesnt read

What's an "overheating sound"? Is the disc drive making grinding noises or something?

If that's the case, your disc drive may be malfunctioning. You can set up a repair here:
    https://account.microsoft.com/devices
  8. Michael1003-5B696F17 Win User

Disappointed with xbox support.

Well my replacement box disc drive is grinding noise and wont read now and because of the ticket not being closed im not in the same boat as you
  9. braunman Win User

Console making a strange noise. Help would be much appreciated.

Did it sound like a mechanical grinding noise or electrical buzzing? If it's a grinding noise it's probably something not working right in the disc drive. If it's electrical sounding then it could be just about anything. In either case your only option would
    be to send it back to microsoft for a repair, as attempting to fix it yourself will void the warrenty.
Thema:

1. Grinding noise and disc stuck in drive - Similar Threads - Grinding noise disc

2. Xbox One Disc Loading Grinding Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Disc Loading Grinding Noise: Hi. I have had my Xbox One for years and never had an issue with it until recently. When I load a disc into the system now, there is a grinding noise for a few seconds and then it goes away. My...
  3. Grinding noise when inserting disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grinding noise when inserting disc: i have had my Xbox me for a couple of years now and when I try putting a disc into the Xbox it makes a horrible grinding noise and sometimes doesn't read the disc any ideas on what to do...
  4. [Issue] Xbox 360 Disc Drive Creates a "Grinding" Noise when Playing a Disc - ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Issue] Xbox 360 Disc Drive Creates a "Grinding" Noise when Playing a Disc - ...: Hello everyone! Since the beginning of yesterday (12/28/15), I have been hearing a strange, light "grinding" noise coming from my console's disc drive. It sort of seems like a cross between...
  5. Grinding Noise from Disc Drive and then Black Screen of Death!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grinding Noise from Disc Drive and then Black Screen of Death!: This is the second Xbox One console in 18 months that has failed for me. I purchased the original on Day One and this failed (luckily) after 11 months and so was still within the 1 year...
  6. Grinding disc noise and doesn't read disc - common??????

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grinding disc noise and doesn't read disc - common??????: Hi all, Recently my xbox one has started to make a grinding noise when I insert a disc into the machine. I have had a few issues now with discs not being recognised when I try and change games...
  7. Xbox One won't eject discs- makes loud grinding noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One won't eject discs- makes loud grinding noise: My Xbox One won't eject discs anymore. Whenever I press the eject button it makes a disturbingly loud grinding noise. The disc is not damaged and I can eject it with the paper clip method. The...
  8. Disc Drive Refuses to accept Disc - Makes Grinding Noise - Broken Disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Disc Drive Refuses to accept Disc - Makes Grinding Noise - Broken Disc: Unlike most of the disc drive issues that have been reported on the web, my disc only goes in 3 quarters of the way, spins and grinds, ultimately resulting in a scratched disc. Its pretty...
  9. Grinding Noise When EJECTING Disc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Grinding Noise When EJECTING Disc: Hi, I'm wondering if the grinding noise when I eject a disc is normal. I tried different discs (Blu Ray, DVD and games) but it's the same noise. I took a video of it, here is the link. [MEDIA]...
  10. Brand new Xbox one-opened box updated then grinding noise on disc and doesn't read it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new Xbox one-opened box updated then grinding noise on disc and doesn't read it?: As above really really disappointed as waited so long and saved up for this day. Looking forward to playing my first game and it made a terrible noise and doesn't play dvd or any disc..Is there a...