Groove stops playing track and skips to the next one

Discus and support Groove stops playing track and skips to the next one in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The Groove for Xbox app... On longer tracks, say 10 minutes or longer, the app just stops playing the track (anywhere from 4 to 8 minutes in) and then... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JasonPerrone, Jan 20, 2018.

1. JasonPerrone
    JasonPerrone Guest

The Groove for Xbox app... On longer tracks, say 10 minutes or longer, the app just stops playing the track (anywhere from 4 to 8 minutes in) and then skips to the next one. This happens during normal usage of the app when it's shuffling through my OneDrive
    music folder. If I go into OneDrive, find that same track and then open it with Groove (causing the track to download fully first before Groove will play it) it will play through to the end of track, 100% of the time.

Obviously Groove is having problems streaming music from OneDrive. I have tried everything. Reinstalled Groove. Reinstalled OneDrive. Did a Reset of the Xbox preserving my apps and files. Did a hard reset from scratch (boy that was fun losing all my saved
    games and installed games and apps). Nothing fixes it.

I am extremely frustrated and angry and I will not shut up about this until it is fixed.

:)

JasonPerrone, Jan 20, 2018
  2. LikeRain
    LikeRain Guest
    Groove Radio Problems

I have the same problem with XboxOne Groove. Some songs stopping playing at some point. Playlist stops also. I have to go manually to the next song. Seems to have nothing to do with song length. On Xbox360 Groove all works fine. Ideas?

LikeRain, Jan 20, 2018
  3. Playing Local Files In Groove Music (Xbox) Needs To Be Better

I am trying to play
    local music files (all .mp3) from my Xbox One S using Groove Music and there are a lot of problems. Yes, I already know about and have used OneDrive to listen to music with Groove on my Xbox before but I would rather use local files. The music files where
    put in the Music folder in the Xbox One File Explorer app. When you open Groove Music with local files on the Xbox, it won’t show any of the songs and there is no option to tell Groove where to look for music (like there is on Windows 10 Groove Music), there
    is only the option for the OneDrive Music folder. The only way to open local files in Groove is to go into File Explorer and open the file there, which will then open Groove and play the song. But:

• The
      song(s) still doesn’t show up in the My Music section
    • You
      can’t skip to the next track
    • You
      can’t add the song to a playlist
    • You
      can’t see the next songs in the queue
    To play the other songs
    (where they automatically play after each song ends), you must let the first song fully finish playing (or skip to the end of the song). Only then the next song will start playing and the other songs that are in the Music folder will show up in the queue and
    you can skip to the next track. They will still not show up in My Music and you can’t add the songs to a playlist. Songs you listened to also won’t show up in the Recent Plays section. The TL;DR: make Groove Music (for Xbox) show local music files in the My
    Music section and make them act the same as a OneDrive music file would act. Thank you.

Emerald King1390, Jan 20, 2018
  4. JasonPerrone
    JasonPerrone Guest

A new Groove for Xbox update came out yesterday, and still this problem remains.

JasonPerrone, Feb 2, 2018
  5. JasonPerrone Win User

A new Groove for Xbox update came out yesterday, and still this problem remains.
  6. MatthewDowns Win User

Does Kinect Not Work With The New Groove App?

Whoops, jumped the gun. "XBox, skip forward" will move to the next song, but "XBox, next song" no longer works. Is there any way to get "Next song" working on the new Groove app? That's much less clumsy that "Skip forward"...
  7. LikeRain Win User

Groove Radio Problems

I have the same problem with XboxOne Groove. Some songs stopping playing at some point. Playlist stops also. I have to go manually to the next song. Seems to have nothing to do with song length. On Xbox360 Groove all works fine. Ideas?
  8. JasonPerrone Win User

Groove Music Cutting Off

I've been complaining about this for months. They just ignore me. And I'm not listening to it in the background while gaming, I'm listening to it in the foreground. Mine cuts off anywhere between 6 and 8 minutes. As a classical music maniac I cannot tell
    you the rage it gives me to have a movement in a symphony just cut off. It's enraging and if I could get my hands on the programmer responsible I don't think it would end well. I don't understand why they will not take this problem seriously. I don't have
    any other app on the Xbox for playing my OneDrive music in a way that is organized like Groove. The UI in Groove is perfect, the way it automatically detects music from OneDrive is perfect, but the g*d*mn thing simply cannot get through a longer track without
    stopping and skipping to the next track, rendering it not only useless but very stressful.
  9. RacoonPete Win User

Question about the last fight on Insanity

Do the enemies stop coming in that scene with the banshees? Seemed like I killed one and the next wave came in. So I ran for the launcher and skipped fighting the final wave.
Thema:

1. Groove stops playing track and skips to the next one - Similar Threads - Groove stops playing

2. Cant read signs cant see out of tribe messages cant use custom maps in war groove cant play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant read signs cant see out of tribe messages cant use custom maps in war groove cant play...: Hello i am having a very very annoying problem i am using my friends game pass on ms store and my account to play the games when ever i look at a sign in ark survival evolved it says due to your...
  3. Groove music changed to Japanese

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Groove music changed to Japanese: I got groove music today and began to play one of my cds when i saw that the names were in Japanese i redid the location but it hasn’t changed the text how can i fix it? [img]...
  4. Does Groove Music still play in the background on Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does Groove Music still play in the background on Xbox One?: Supposedly, Xbox One can play music from the Groove Music app while playing games or even on the Home screen. I am casting music to my Xbox One from my Windows 10 PC. It works fine until I return...
  5. Groove music in Forza Horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Groove music in Forza Horizon 4: What happened to groove music in Forza Horizon 4? e93f0030-ccc2-4eb6-a91b-457dd9fdb8a5
  6. groove music not showing up with my music

in XBoX on Consoles
    groove music not showing up with my music: HI. I have groove music on my pc and xbox one and there both signed in to the same profile. I finally got all my music on my laptop but when i open up the app on my xbox theres nothing there. If...
  7. Xbox One - Background Audio (Media Player,VLC,Groove Music)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One - Background Audio (Media Player,VLC,Groove Music): Hey, i'm pretty sure that you know what i (well i guess a lot of player) want. Is there any chance that you let VLC or other great apps play audio files such as songs in the background? Xbox's...
  8. Stop Groove Music From Installing When I Insert Music CD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Groove Music From Installing When I Insert Music CD: On my Xbox One, I have Microsoft's "Audio CD Player" installed for playing my music CDs. For some reason, every time I insert a CD, the Store is fired up and wants to install Groove Music. I don't...
  9. Stop Groove Music From Installing When I Insert Music CD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop Groove Music From Installing When I Insert Music CD: On my Xbox One, I have Microsoft's "Audio CD Player" installed for playing my music CDs. For some reason, every time I insert a CD, the Store is fired up and wants to install Groove Music. I don't...
  10. Stopping Groove music

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stopping Groove music: Hi all a week ago I was in the middle of a game when my xbox went to home screen and then to Groove. This happened 2 times in the next 5 minutes when my mum came in to complain about her phone...