GTA V not working from disc - says we need to buy it

Discus and support GTA V not working from disc - says we need to buy it in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son bought GTA V on disc, installed it and it has been working fine on his Xbox One. Today when he tried to start the game it said that he has to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PhysioPip, Jun 11, 2021.

1. PhysioPip
    PhysioPip Guest

My son bought GTA V on disc, installed it and it has been working fine on his Xbox One. Today when he tried to start the game it said that he has to buy it, as if he has never owned or played it. No idea why this is or what we can do.

Any ideas? Thanks

:)

PhysioPip, Jun 11, 2021
  2. XBF Zineb F Win User

Please follow the steps mentioned here to troubleshoot the issue:

The link: Troubleshoot problems playing a disc | Xbox Support.

We also recommend accessing Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart. It would definitely help if you could restart the internet router while the console is restarting.

After going through the troubleshooting steps mentioned, I invite you to perform a quick power cycle by turning off the console and then unplugging all the cables. After 2 to 3 minutes, re-plug them back again, then restart your console.
  3. InfernoWolfNLD Win User

Please Help! I keep getting "Alet! You need to sign in" When I am already signed in!

Hey Ramrod,

Are your GTA V Discs installed to the HDD? I mean by this using to install disc to HDD option and not the needed installation.

Please post back and we'll work from there =)

Regards,

SamxBroski
  4. SatNiteEduardo Win User

What?!? This can't be right can it?

What people are saying is that streaming data from a bluray disc is not quick enough but streaming from the hard drive is. So the game installs onto the hdd and then the disc is only needed to verify that its a legit copy.

A developer said this and used GTA V as an example.
  5. Raging Casper Win User

Freeze on save in Skyrim and can't even get past the loading screen in GTA V

If GTA V is indeed downloaded from the marketplace and not a disc, try this.

Delete GTA V and clear your cache 3 times.

Restart your console.

Download 16 GB of demos (this is how big GTA V will be in the end)

Once those have finished download all the GTA V files from your download history (GTA V, Installation Packs 1-4)

After you've done that, feel free to delete the demos.

This worked for me, hopefully it works for you too!
  6. luqy95akd Win User

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

MGS V has 2 disc like GTA V.

Yes, I have a problem with the initial installation. The disc 1 (disc installation) says "No internal hard drive detected".Just I try clearing the cache system but still not working.
Thema:

1. GTA V not working from disc - says we need to buy it - Similar Threads - GTA working disc

2. GTA V on xbox 360 does not work..

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V on xbox 360 does not work..: I have 8 xbox 360 model s and e. I multiple times downloaded gta 5 from xbox 360 store and each time i start it , it ends up with error. I reformated hdd, cleaned cache, redownloaded game,...
  3. My GTA SA is not working I bought this game on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My GTA SA is not working I bought this game on Xbox 360: When I go to play the game it asks do I own it? I bought this game on Xbox 360 for sure I have it downloaded on the Xbox one how else could I not have owned the game and have achievements. Is...
  4. GTA V not working properly on Series S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V not working properly on Series S: In the game you can't get the phone out, anyone know why? 6f7342f5-1fe5-43fd-a620-438e24223e6e
  5. xbox controller will not work with GTA V

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox controller will not work with GTA V: Whenever I play GTA V my controller will not respond to any button pressed in the game. But in every single other game, it works perfectly fine. Please someone provide some sort of solution....
  6. Hi gta v is still not working. Can a admin help right now

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi gta v is still not working. Can a admin help right now: Fix this stupid game launch i had enough of it. 3939037a-7b86-4cb8-af64-e6668b161a64
  7. Friends gta servers not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friends gta servers not working: So my friend and i have been trying to play gta together. I live in the US and he lives in mexico. The game works fine with me. But for some reason, everytine he triea to play gta online it just...
  8. GTA 5 disc not working on Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    GTA 5 disc not working on Series X: [img] Is a update coming to allow this game disc to play? 016a9122-dc0f-45b6-be4b-8c048d453650
  9. New GTA 5 for Xbox 360 disc 1 not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New GTA 5 for Xbox 360 disc 1 not working: I bought GTA 5 new from Walmart i put disc 1 in and it will not work. I get the clean disc error. What can i do? 81557e7f-5fbc-49e7-a789-95ebd15615fb
  10. GTA V disc 2 unreadable! (disc 1 works)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA V disc 2 unreadable! (disc 1 works): I recently bought a new copy of gta 5 and the install disc worked like a charm, however, the play disc always shows up as unreadable, and there is no game picture in the upper left tile where...