GTA5 disc install keeps stopping

Discus and support GTA5 disc install keeps stopping in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've dealing with this for now, to get out of 5 that I purchased from Target to work. First, it would not get past 1 percent and it continued to say... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by xBACKFIREDx, Dec 28, 2014.

1. xBACKFIREDx
    xBACKFIREDx Guest

I've dealing with this for now, to get out of 5 that I purchased from Target to work. First, it would not get past 1 percent and it continued to say the disc is dirty or damaged I called in and the first person had me do regular troubleshooting steps, and
    his final solution was the disc was faulty, and therefore needed to be replaced. I went to Target again, but they were all out, so I had to drive to the next town to get one because target refuses to give money back for an opened game. Nevertheless, I got
    another disc of grand theft auto 5, and it is doing the same thing. The installation stops, but if I start it again occasionally it will install a portion of the percentage before stopping again. The next person I spoke to had me do the same troubleshooting
    steps, and then a few more, to no avail. I was hung up on in the midst of being transferred to what I guess would have been tier two. I gave up. That was yesterday. I woke up this morning, and called first thing. I hadn't had about enough at this point, and
    so I ask elated. Finally I got someone on the phone who claimed to be a supervisor, and his final solution was for me to send my xbox in, to be repaired, which would take about a month before I would get it back. That to me is unacceptable. I do not believe
    it is a disc reading issue, when no other games have a problem, no Blu ray movies have a problem, & I have read many threads of people with the same exact problem. Is there anyone out there who has any more information for me? All I want is to be able to play
    the game I spent $60 and my entire weekend off work trying to get to work properly.

:)

xBACKFIREDx, Dec 28, 2014
  2. Rage Disc

no but the third disc of mine refuses to install keeps stopping about 20% on the install. keeps telling me the disc is dirty or scratched, but everytime i check it, its fine.

ASpaceInvader, Dec 28, 2014
  3. Lazyboy1293
    Lazyboy1293 Guest
    I'm trying to install gta 5 and the installation keeps stopping and says 'installation stopped'.

I'm trying to install gta 5 and the installation keeps stopping and says 'installation stopped'. The game won't install because of this. I have replaced the disc and it still doesn't work.

Lazyboy1293, Dec 28, 2014
  4. xBACKFIREDx
    xBACKFIREDx Guest

Sorry about the apparent horrid interpretation of My phone's talk to text. The first sentence is supposed to say I've been dealing with this issue for a while now, trying to get Grand theft auto five to work.

xBACKFIREDx, Dec 28, 2014
  5. xBACKFIREDx Win User

Sorry about the apparent horrid interpretation of My phone's talk to text. The first sentence is supposed to say I've been dealing with this issue for a while now, trying to get Grand theft auto five to work.
  6. ASpaceInvader Win User

Rage Disc

no but the third disc of mine refuses to install keeps stopping about 20% on the install. keeps telling me the disc is dirty or scratched, but everytime i check it, its fine.
  7. BrianGunter Win User

GTA V fried my CD rom

[quote user="Puma Kane"]]BS! The Xbox went out installing GTA5. What an I'm supposed to blame it on, a full moon?[/quote]

It wasn't GTA5 that killed your console. You could have installed any other game and it would have died the same way. The disc drive was already on it's way out and it just happened to be GTA5 that was in the disc tray when it finally gave out. You can't
    logically blame the disc for that.
  8. S3XYduck Win User

Xbox one game failed to install

Hi. The game doesnt want to install from disc it stops at 41% and then the console keeps on giving me notifications that the installation has stopped and doesnt want to continue.
  9. BootstrapGolem Win User

Far Cry 4

can you not install discs onto externals? i'm like 90% that i've installed one of the gta5 discs onto one of my flash drives...unless i just installed to the hard drive then moved it to the flash.
Thema:

1. GTA5 disc install keeps stopping - Similar Threads - GTA5 disc install

2. Cuando inicio sesion del gta5 que trae el game pass me saca alguien me puede ayudar para...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cuando inicio sesion del gta5 que trae el game pass me saca alguien me puede ayudar para...: Por favor ayudenme con eso -[Title Translation - When I start the session of the gta5 that brings the game pass, someone can help me so that I can no longer get out of the session, please]...
  3. Can’t load gta5 infinite black screen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t load gta5 infinite black screen: I did a hard reset, i cleared the cache, i deleted every game, i also uninstalled the game than re down loaded it. I cleared the blue ray cache as well and did a factory reset. All the tricks in...
  4. GTA5 Hardcore comics

in XBoX Games and Apps
    GTA5 Hardcore comics: I've just started collecting the figures on the Hardcore Comic book part. Had anybody else gotten them all. Some are hard to get. e0878c6f-8dde-4b43-b704-257fa030466e
  5. Accessing Xbox Store via GTA5 online gives error 0x80073d00

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Accessing Xbox Store via GTA5 online gives error 0x80073d00: Hoping someone can help with this: When trying to access the Xbox Store from GTA5 online, I choose the item (any item) that I want to buy and I get this error: Update in Progress Store...
  6. Has anyone had issues on GTA5 with missions?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Has anyone had issues on GTA5 with missions?: Has anyone that's played GTA5 had any problems plane certain missions online. I've got ahold of rock star games but they can't seem to figure out what the issue is. The main if she was with one of...
  7. Duplicate GTA5s appeared in my ready to install section as well as Modern Warfare beta and...

in XboX Insiders
    Duplicate GTA5s appeared in my ready to install section as well as Modern Warfare beta and...: [IMG] submitted by /u/dem1stav [link] [comments]
  8. MEU JOGO GTA5 NAO ABRI SO QUI TA BAIXANDO DIA INTEIRO NAO ABRIU[MY GTA5 GAME DOES NOT...

in XBoX on Consoles
    MEU JOGO GTA5 NAO ABRI SO QUI TA BAIXANDO DIA INTEIRO NAO ABRIU[MY GTA5 GAME DOES NOT...: SO FICA BAIXANDO NAO CONSIGO ABRIR JOGO GTA 5 [Mod Removed - Personal Information] [Translation - SO GETTING DOWN CAN'T OPEN GTA 5 GAME] e8bbeb7b-ed3e-4fea-b50e-0ad21a893abd
  9. Gta5 premium online edition

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Gta5 premium online edition: Just purchased this deal, but only regular gta5 is installing. Criminal enterprise starter pack, included in deal, but showing as £7.99 extra purchase. Should i ask for a refund? I already own...
  10. i bought gta5 on another profile can i download it to anouthe profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought gta5 on another profile can i download it to anouthe profile: i bought gta5 on another profile can i download it to anouthe profile 2802f0a4-e0e8-438f-aeab-d4f9e9f2e366