Half of the screen distorted when using 4K

Discus and support Half of the screen distorted when using 4K in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Yesterday I turned on my Xbox One X and the home screen looked fine. I started a game and immediately half of the screen became distorted. The left... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AlmightyBigD001, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Half of the screen distorted when using 4K

Yesterday I turned on my Xbox One X and the home screen looked fine. I started a game and immediately half of the screen became distorted. The left half of the screen is all pink/green, blocky and all discolored. I rebooted the console, tried a new HDMI
    cable. Tried different inputs on the TV. The TV is a 4k TV and I checked all settings on both the TV and console. Only way I could fix it was to change the XBOX from 4k resolution to 1080p. If I change it back to 4k, same thing happens. Anyone hear of
    this happening and/or know how to resolve it?

Half of the screen distorted when using 4K [​IMG]

:)

AlmightyBigD001, Oct 21, 2019
  2. AlmightyBigD001 Win User

Well tonight I switched the resolution back to 4K and it is back to normal. So I don't what happened, but I guess I will wait and see if it happens again.
  3. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Hi AlmightyBigD001,

sorry to hear. If possible, please check your console with another TV and read also

"UHD TRoubleshooter"

Hope this helps and please keep us informed
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

I always switch my 4KUHD TV on First, then AVR, then XB1X last of all.

Try the Energy save mode in System>Settings>Power and startup>Power mode.

Its a slightly longer boot up but the startup seq is always the same.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One X Youtube 4k problem - Green & Grey Screen with Lines

Hi Raven,

This is most likely a YouTube issue. Some videos may not be able to run 4K which will cause distortion etc.

Brad
  6. Mister Cerb Win User

Screen Distortion

Hey again Dotchy! Thanks for getting back to me again!

I can definitely understand that this might be difficult to get a video of since it's so unpredictable. If do you get a video of it, try uploading it to your OneDrive and send me a Private Message with the link to it.

To send me a Private Message, just click the envelope under my post. Be sure to include your Gamertag in the subject so I can quickly identify it's from you.

I'll be standing by to hear from you! ^_^
Thema:

1. Half of the screen distorted when using 4K - Similar Threads - Half screen distorted

2. More than half of the time Xbox streaming on my phone won't work. It's just a black screen.

in XboX Insiders
    More than half of the time Xbox streaming on my phone won't work. It's just a black screen.: I would say 85 percent of the time it doesn't work so i have to tell Google to restart my Xbox and restart my phone until it works. I would really like to know what's causing or see it get...
  3. Left Half of Screen has Horizontal Static on Xbox One X Scorpio Edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    Left Half of Screen has Horizontal Static on Xbox One X Scorpio Edition: The problem occurred when I stopped receiving party notifications and many notifications in general, aside for LFG post. So thus I decided to power cycle my xbox, because many people have done...
  4. Half screen miscolored

in XBoX on Consoles
    Half screen miscolored: Greated this morning with half of my xbox one x screen being miscolored. I’ve tried resets, cables, and every tip (nothing helps). Take it to another TV and it works perfect. Please help before it...
  5. half screen in the microsoft store

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    half screen in the microsoft store: when i go onto the game i want i can only see the description and the add ons plz help when i try to move up the screen i cant so i cant purchase the game 38fd839f-07ff-466c-a9d4-dd7ead96f0a6
  6. watching Netflix screen goes a bit dark and then half the screen gets the controller picture ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    watching Netflix screen goes a bit dark and then half the screen gets the controller picture ...: So just started happening a week ago, while watching Netflix about 10 mins in or so, the screen gets dark, Netflix still running in the background, then after a few seconds the right hand side of...
  7. Half of my backward compatible games have black pixels that cover the screen.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Half of my backward compatible games have black pixels that cover the screen.: My backward compatible games are not playable. This only affects the gameplay never the title screen. Its like playing through a black pixelated filter [img] c764dc2c-5fe4-45d1-b9db-1a234d6790b1
  8. Half Pixelated screen when streaming!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Half Pixelated screen when streaming!: I have looked and looked for an answer to this question... What is the Xbox App checking packet loss to? When I run the test on the xbox app from my windows 10 PC... which streaming has been...
  9. Current game wallpaper on home screen - only showing top half

in XBoX on Consoles
    Current game wallpaper on home screen - only showing top half: One of the things I was excited about with the Xbox One Creator's Update was that it would display the currently played/selected game's wallpaper on your home screen. However, when I set my home...
  10. Kicked out of COD III to home, can't move left or right, aim my weapon and half of screen ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Kicked out of COD III to home, can't move left or right, aim my weapon and half of screen ...: Hello, I'm trying to play the campaign on Veteran. I only have two missions left but I've done the second last one like 20 times because my xbox one won't save any part of the mission....