Halo digital download vs hard disc with code nightfall not working

Discus and support Halo digital download vs hard disc with code nightfall not working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I recently purchased the digital copy of the master chief collection with the intent of being able to watch the nightfall video as I have owned... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DwayneMartin40, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Halo digital download vs hard disc with code nightfall not working

Hello I recently purchased the digital copy of the master chief collection with the intent of being able to watch the nightfall video as I have owned and played Halo from the old system through xbox 360 and now the xbox1. I have seen post saying I
    need to enter a code that comes with the hard copy. How and when will this get fixed. Every time I go and try to play nightfall it says I have to purchase ???????????????

:)

DwayneMartin40, Nov 17, 2014
  2. Rouble
    Rouble Guest
    Issues with Halo:nightfall, will not play

agree with this thread...halo nightfall no longer plays...I have the disc version of the game plus used the QR code included with the game package to download the halo channel (even though I already had it)...now if I click on nightfall either in game or
    through the app it will not play....have tried reset and uninstalling/reinstalling the app.

Rouble, Nov 17, 2014
  3. jai 123
    jai 123 Guest
    Halo: Nightfall will not download

Digital copy of Halo: MC. I go into the Halo Channel, click on Nightfall, there is no 'play' button, only 'buy Halo' , I click on 'Buy Halo' and it takes me to the game menu. I click on Nightfall and it takes me back to the Halo Channel page. Endless loop.

I know there are several other threads about this issue with hundreds of people complaining about the same issue, however, seen as it looks like no one at Microsoft is actually getting off their **** to DO something about this, I figure I'll post an entirely
    new thread, rather than just adding to the ones that currently exist and are obviously being ignored.

The problem seems to be something as simple as 'Nightfall requires download code; digital version of game has no download code; therefore digital version of game cannot download Nightfall', which seems to be just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard, but
    then nothing surprises me from Microsoft anymore. I mean, it seriously didn't occur to ANYONE there that the digital version will not come with a code, and so it might bean idea to alter the digital version of the game so that the Halo Channel knows you OWN
    the game that's sitting there on your hard drive??? No? Didn't occur to anyone? I swear to god at Microsoft's head offices there's just a bunch of chimps on unicycles....

GET IT FIXED!!!

jai 123, Nov 17, 2014
  4. Halo digital download vs hard disc with code nightfall not working

Hey mate, this is actually a widespread problem I believe, see here:
    forums.xbox.com/.../5046953.aspx

I'm not sure if you will be able to watch it until MS issues a fix.

DigitalAssassin, Nov 17, 2014
  5. DigitalAssassin Win User

Hey mate, this is actually a widespread problem I believe, see here:
    forums.xbox.com/.../5046953.aspx

I'm not sure if you will be able to watch it until MS issues a fix.
  6. LesTett Win User

YES! Fix it. I purchased and downloaded the digital copy. After all the hours of waiting for the 61.9 gig download. (was told it was 45gig) Halo Nightfall keeps telling me to BUY HALO to view Nightfall.

I paid you Xbox/Microsoft and would appreciate having full use of the game and all that comes with it.

Halo Channel could use a little work as well.
  7. Rouble Win User

agree with this thread...halo nightfall no longer plays...I have the disc version of the game plus used the QR code included with the game package to download the halo channel (even though I already had it)...now if I click on nightfall either in game or
    through the app it will not play....have tried reset and uninstalling/reinstalling the app.
  8. Lord Rahl 007 Win User

Master Chief Collection: Halo Nightfall won't play.

Having a similar if not the exact same issue. I have the hard copy of MCC, installed the Halo Channel, and used the code included with the game to get Nightfall. When I open the Halo Channel and go to Nightfall, the only option it gives is to Buy Nightfall.
    Even when I hit that button though, it takes me to Nightfall in the MS Store and says I already bought it. Even so, it won't let me play it, it still says Buy Nightfall. WTF?
  9. XxBadDragon2xX Win User

Master Chief Collection: Halo Nightfall won't play.

Trying to watch the Halo Nightfall episodes. Used the code that came with the game, uninstalled the Halo Channel, re-installed the Halo Channel, tried a hard reset as well. It's on the profile it's supposed to be on and I don't have a Capture Card plugged
    in. Still getting the option to "Buy Nightfall" whenever I select view episodes. Is there a fix for this yet?
Thema:

1. Halo digital download vs hard disc with code nightfall not working - Similar Threads - Halo digital download

2. HALO ODST digital download

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    HALO ODST digital download: Hey, I had received a message over xbox live a few months ago regarding a free download of halo ODST due to the technical issues with halo MCC at launch. I didnt DL the game right away and the...
  3. Halo the Master Chief Collection ODST free digital download

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Halo the Master Chief Collection ODST free digital download: I never go my code but was eligablr cdf30f59-1339-40c5-b506-6fcba5ac1298
  4. Bought digital ultimate edition, can't download Halo Wars 1 Definitive Edition on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought digital ultimate edition, can't download Halo Wars 1 Definitive Edition on PC: I bought the digital ultimate edition version of Halo Wars 2 but I can't access Halo Wars 1 Definitive Edition on PC - the Windows 10 store says I do not own it: [img] I can access the game on...
  5. Purchased halo wars 2 (digital) for xbox how do i get my pc copy via download?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased halo wars 2 (digital) for xbox how do i get my pc copy via download?: I'm just trying to figure out how to download hw2 for the pc if anyone can assist that will be great thank you in advance efa9ae0c-7773-4adc-af08-0f02e7af5b16
  6. Halo 5: Guardians (Digital) It's been a year and I still can't download this game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 5: Guardians (Digital) It's been a year and I still can't download this game: It's been over a year since I purchased Halo 5: Guardians(Digital) and I still haven't been able to download it to my Xbox one. The data limit for my internet is too low for me to download all of...
  7. Halo MCC digital copy will not download completely

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC digital copy will not download completely: I've tried 4 times to download the digital copy of Halo MCC. I've un-installed it every time. cleared my cache. did a hard restart on my console each time. I have contacted Microsoft about this...
  8. Will Halo MCC be a Digital Download?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will Halo MCC be a Digital Download?: I'd prefer to go all digital on my games (I'd rip the game to my XB1 as soon as I got it anyway), but I want to make sure that it will be available as a Digital Download (if not through pre-order,...
  9. Halo 5: Guardians Has Gone Gold, Digital Pre-Downloading Starts Next Week!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo 5: Guardians Has Gone Gold, Digital Pre-Downloading Starts Next Week!: .......... Hello everyone :) ........ I didn't wait for the midnight release of ANY game, I just pick them up later in the late afternoon / night :) ......... With that being said, I have...
  10. Halo Digital Download

in XBoX on Consoles
    Halo Digital Download: Is there a Digital download of any of the Halos on Xbox one? c0aa1f70-69e7-4e97-99aa-d8d1645547a8