Halo Infinite won't install on windows 10 pc. Keep getting error code 0x87e00196 when I...

Discus and support Halo Infinite won't install on windows 10 pc. Keep getting error code 0x87e00196 when I... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to install Halo Infinite and the campaign with the xbox app on windows 10 pc. When attempting to download the game, I get error code... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sean49327, Aug 4, 2022.

1. Sean49327
    Sean49327 Guest

Halo Infinite won't install on windows 10 pc. Keep getting error code 0x87e00196 when I...

I have been trying to install Halo Infinite and the campaign with the xbox app on windows 10 pc. When attempting to download the game, I get error code 0x87e00196. After restarting my pc a couple of times, the download would jump to 1.5gb out of 67gb then stop with the same error code.

First, I bought the game and the campaign a week ago. I first installed the game and only the multiplayer worked, the campaign did not download. After finding out the campaign wouldn't download. I tried a couple of methods online to see if it would download. None of those worked.

Now, I have completely uninstalled the game and now getting the same code as above. Can anybody help with find a solution to this? I would love to play the game in some way. Thanks for your help. I am willing to provide details if someone can assist me with getting the game to run successfully.

:)

Sean49327, Aug 4, 2022
  2. JerryCotton IV Win User

error 0x80070005

Yes on PC trying to install new games on pc now I have a new error code 0x87e00196
  3. andersonpassos Win User

Halo Infinite won't install on windows 10 pc. Keep getting error code 0x87e00196 when I open the xbox app.

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

try running this tool:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-t...

if not, try the following

Reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 device:

Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.

In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:

get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers

In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:

start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN

Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.

Restart your device and try to install the game again.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Gamepass Pc

Hi,

Error 0x80070005 is an 'access denied' error code. It means that games and apps can't be installed due to file access restrictions.

Did you use D:\ drive on a previous PC or previous install of Windows 10?

Games and Apps on Windows 10 Store install to a folder called 'WindowsApps', if this folder already exists on your drive, you won't be able to install games.
  5. iareBRENDEN Win User

Halo 5 guardians

I'd wager the only possibility we see Halo 5 on PC is closer to the Halo Infinite launch. It would definitely create a surge in interest in the franchise and we already know Infinite will be on Windows 10.
  6. Viperious97 Win User

Halo Infinite launches in Task Manager but won't open a Window

I have upgraded and installed my computer Parts, but now when I launch Halo Infinite I get "Halo Infinite is currently not available in your account. Make sure you are signed in to the Microsoft Store and try again. Here's the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001" which I am now trying to resolve
Thema:

1. Halo Infinite won't install on windows 10 pc. Keep getting error code 0x87e00196 when I... - Similar Threads - Halo Infinite won't

2. I join the Halo Infinite Insider but now the game won't open.

in XboX Insiders
    I join the Halo Infinite Insider but now the game won't open.: I joined the Halo Infinite Insider awhile back for the co-op campaign. Although I am now trying to reopen the game or at this point leave the beta so I can have normal Halo Infinite installed but...
  3. Halo Infinite STILL won't launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite STILL won't launch: Hello, after almost a month of trying every solution I could find here and everywhere else on the internet, Halo Infinite still won't launch on my PC. I tried the "repair and reset" on the app, I...
  4. Fortnite, Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 won't start on Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite, Halo Infinite and Forza Horizon 5 won't start on Xbox series X: Hi, After 5 months of trying to buy an XBox Series X to replace my old XBox One, I finally succeeded. I was really excited to start playing Fortnite and some other games on my 4k television....
  5. XGPU下载光环无限后无法打开游戏 [Halo Infinite won't launch after downloading though Xbox app on PC]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XGPU下载光环无限后无法打开游戏 [Halo Infinite won't launch after downloading though Xbox app on PC]: [img] 下载后点击开始游戏没有 指针转 秒就没有其他反应了,重复也是一 的。选择光环战役版本也是一 ,取消高材质包也是一 的。重新下载游戏或者重新登录XBOX,管理员启动光环 限的桌面图片结果都一 。登录其他下载的游戏都正常。 [THE TEXT BELOW IS MACHINE TRANSLATED AND MAY NOT BE AN ACCURATE...
  6. Halo Infinite Download stuck, won't let me cancel or start it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite Download stuck, won't let me cancel or start it: So I started to download halo infinite 2 days ago and stopped the download after 3 Gb was done. After that the next day I tried to start it again and when ever I click on resume it just comes up...
  7. Halo Infinite won't start Campaign on XBOX Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite won't start Campaign on XBOX Series X: It says "OFFLINE" in the upper right hand corner, but I am online, no internet or connection issues. I deleted saved game because it just said "IN PROGRESS..." but won't load. I select NEW GAME...
  8. Halo infinite won't install on my pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo infinite won't install on my pc: I was having a problem with my Xbox game pass halo infinite opening Microsoft store instead of opening so I find a tutorial saying reset app data from setting for some reason I didn't read the...
  9. Halo Infinite won't launch on Xbox app but will on Steam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite won't launch on Xbox app but will on Steam: Opening Halo Infinite (multiplayer or campaign) on the Xbox App will only open a background process and not launch a program at all. Under the background process in Task Manager are 3 subtasks:...
  10. Halo Infinite won't launch (PC XBOX Gamepass)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Infinite won't launch (PC XBOX Gamepass): Hello, As the title states my Halo Infinite won't launch at all. I could play the multiplayer when that came out but now it won't launch. I have tried all the run-arounds and fixes but nothing...