Halo: Master Chief Collection - Why must I buy it again to play it on PC?

Discus and support Halo: Master Chief Collection - Why must I buy it again to play it on PC? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the Halo: Masterchief Collection for XBOX. I noticed that the same game was recently released on the PC platform. So, I figured I'd see about... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SayNoToSlacks, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Halo: Master Chief Collection - Why must I buy it again to play it on PC?

I have the Halo: Masterchief Collection for XBOX. I noticed that the same game was recently released on the PC platform.

So, I figured I'd see about downloading the game onto my PC... Since I have the license on XBOX, I thought it wouldn't be an issue to acquire the license for PC. I have received nothing but a wall for resistance in finding a reasonable solution. I have contacted
    XBOX support about this and that was nothing but a frustrating experience. The conversation went from questioning why this is an issue when I am "the only one" with this concern and continued to chuckles of laughter when I questioned why I must buy the game
    twice and then I was accused of trying to "get free stuff". I have worked in a customer service roll for nearly two decades and I was shocked at how I was spoken to. The people were trying to talk down to me as if I was completely uninformed. They said: "343
    Industries owns the Halo: MCC game, you will have to go to them". I replied with: "Really?? 343 Industries parent company is XBOX Game Studios. And this is XBOX support.. Correct?". The XBOX Support person was trying to muscle their way through the conversation
    trying to talk above me. Very poor service!

I feel I am being jerked around now. I wasn't bothered when I started looking into this situation, but I am quite disappointed with what has transpired. Moving past the poor service I have received today, I want to figure out a solution to this situation.
    I feel it is unreasonable to be told that I need to buy this game a second time... Given the game is available on both XBOX and PC, why must is be purchased twice? How can this be resolved?

:)

SayNoToSlacks, Jan 15, 2020
  2. IRB Win User

xbox1 and microsoft odst game

Halo ODST for the Xbox One is an Add-On for the Master Chief Collection. you must own that in order to play it.

When you fire up the Master Chief Collection, you should be able to start a campaign (under Halo 3) for ODST.
  3. onyxishere Win User

Add Halo 3 to Xbox One

4. Mad Cow Dizease Win User
  5. TotalCrescent80 Win User

No warthog. I own all halos and horizon 3 ultimate

Same With Me. I played Halo 5 and Halo: The Master Chief Collection But No Code.
  6. SayNoToSlacks Win User

All I hear is: 'Spend more money. The customer must bare the burden!'

I don't care if i lose my game data... I shouldn't have to buy the game again, or spend a single dollar to play it again. The onus should not be on the customer to bare the burden of the solution. It is not much of anything for Microsoft to provide a solution
    to me or others in the same situation.

If the game is playable on XBOX and PC, both available through the Microsoft Store, then it doesn't make sense why a person needs to buy it a second time. People should have this figured out.

This whole experience has been [mod removed]! From the person at XBOX Support being so rude, to being told by Microsoft that it's not their issue... It just seems so basic and easy to remedy.
Thema:

1. Halo: Master Chief Collection - Why must I buy it again to play it on PC? - Similar Threads - Halo Master Chief

2. halo: the master chief collectionのhalo2キャンペーン中の音が出なくなりました。

in XBoX Games and Apps
    halo: the master chief collectionのhalo2キャンペーン中の音が出なくなりました。: halo: the master chief collectionのhalo2キャンペーン中の音が出なくなりました。他の本体で試しても無音です。改善方法を教えて下さい。 04d4aa8c-b65a-4730-b80e-931fe426ecff
  3. update halo master chief collection

in XBoX Games and Apps
    update halo master chief collection: how you get change the language from update halo master chief collection from german to English 6f557af7-ea73-4368-97ee-bb5a05d0bb0c
  4. Halo Master chief collection on PC "Too many devices" Error Fix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Master chief collection on PC "Too many devices" Error Fix: Open Microsoft Store > Click 3 ... in upper right corner > Select "Settings" > Scroll down to "Account" and select "Manage Devices". A web page will open and unlink all your old devices and you...
  5. I cannot log into Halo Master Chief Collection

in XBoX on Windows
    I cannot log into Halo Master Chief Collection: When I attempt to log in I get this error The account you're attempting to sign in with is not provisioned for this environment. Your app may not be configured correctly Then it fails to log in...
  6. Halo master chief collection says content is still installing but everything is insalled

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo master chief collection says content is still installing but everything is insalled: So I downloaded halo master chief collection on PC from he Microsoft store and it says "Unable to continue, the content is currently installing." even though I've installed everything from...
  7. error 0x803FB107, I'm trying to install Halo: The Master Chief Collection

in XBoX on Windows
    error 0x803FB107, I'm trying to install Halo: The Master Chief Collection: Hello, I'm trying to install the game but when I start the download, there just appear "error" and if I click in more details there only says download failed, and the error is 0x803FB107, I've...
  8. No puedo instalar Halo Máster Chief Collection [I can't install Halo Master Chief Collection]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No puedo instalar Halo Máster Chief Collection [I can't install Halo Master Chief Collection]: Necesito ayuda, en este ultimo día instalé digitalmente halo reach y halo 3 sin saber que eran complementos, bueno, el caso es que quise instalar Halo: Master Chief Collection y ahí empezó el...
  9. No me deja jugar Halo The Master Chief Collection[Xbox doesn't let me play Halo The Master...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No me deja jugar Halo The Master Chief Collection[Xbox doesn't let me play Halo The Master...: Tengo el juego en formato físico y tambien gracias a game pass para xbox one, pero en ninguna de las 2 formas me deja jugar y se queda pasmada la pantalla [Translation - I have the game in...
  10. Halo Master Chief Collection cannot log 2nd player out

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Master Chief Collection cannot log 2nd player out: For some reason once a second player has signed in, he/she cannot log out again. I have to restart the game to go back to single player. 14be70a7-7fc5-400c-bfe3-3539f1e3da9c