Halo MCC Edition - Halo 3 LASO Playlist - Crash to Xbox Home Screen

Discus and support Halo MCC Edition - Halo 3 LASO Playlist - Crash to Xbox Home Screen in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son, GT [Mod removed - See guidelines], is working through the Halo MCC Achievement list and currently focussed on the LASO playlists. While he was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by aNiall8, Aug 7, 2019.

1. aNiall8
    aNiall8 Guest

My son, GT [Mod removed - See guidelines], is working through the Halo MCC Achievement list and currently focussed on the LASO playlists.

While he was playing MCC Halo 3 LASO on our Xbox1, I signed him into the family XBox1X. This caused him to be signed off the regular Xbox1 and dumped him from Halo MCC and his playlist session. [Update - this occurred on Saturday Aug 3rd at 3AM BST
    / Fri Aug 2nd 10PM EST ]

We both realised what had happened and he was able to re-sign in and restart his playlist on the XBox1

However, it crashed very shortly afterwards and has been crashing to the Xbox Home Screen ever since

He was on "The Covenant" (the 3rd last mission) of Halo 3 and had reached the final room. It was just in the middle of the cut scene where The Prophet of Truth kills Miranda

Is there any way of resolving this without a complete restart of the Halo 3 LASO playlist?

We tried resuming the playlist

- online and offline

- on both Xbox 1 and 1X

- switching to another playlist and back again, as a number of solutions on the web have recommended

to no avail.

[Updates]

- Hard Reboot

- Delete Local Save file

- Quitting game and restarting [as per https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/games/troubleshooting/game-freeze-solution ]

We noted that many of the solutions appear to rely on an earlier version of Halo MCC which allowed someone to resume from a previous checkpoint or mission start

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I feel bad that I may have forced him to restart a Halo 3 LASO

Regards Niall ()

(cross-post to https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/halo-mcc-edition---halo-3-laso-playlist---crash/9cf5c09d-3461-458f-abc7-d61b00bcc438/posts )

:)

aNiall8, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Ricardo Cintra Win User

You try see if your NAT of the Network is all open?
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Anaill,

Thanks for the update on what you have done. The next thing would be to
    uninstall
    and
    reinstall
    the game. There may be a corrupt file causing the crashing issue. As stated you by Chris you will not lose any save data as it is saved on the cloud.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello aNiall8,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. It is possible that his saved data could have been corrupted when he was signed out mid-game. In this case, we recommend deleting the
    local saved game data. This will allow the console to re-sync hiscloud
    saved data.

Now, deleting saved data sounds scary. However, the Xbox one backs up all saved data to the cloud servers automatically as long as the console was connected to the internet while playing. Doing this step will allow the most recent cloud save to overwrite
    the most recent local save. This will hopefully bring back an uncorrupted save file.

Go into your Settings > System > Storage > Clear local save games.

There are also more steps to try out here : “My Xbox One game won’t start or freezes during gameplay”

The console will then restart itself. Try out the game afterwards, let us know the results!
  5. aNiall8 Win User

Hi Chris,

Thank you.

Tried both local save delete and quitting/restarting game - no luck

Regards, Niall.
  6. Malacath Win User

Who is preordering Halo 5?

I have now pre-order the digital deluxe edition.

Now the MCC has been fixed and the Halo 4 playlist is on it I'm now enjoying Halo again.

That and the footage I've seen of Warzone persuaded me to cancel my digital pre-order of Black ops 3 and order Halo 5 instead
Thema:

1. Halo MCC Edition - Halo 3 LASO Playlist - Crash to Xbox Home Screen - Similar Threads - Halo MCC Edition

2. Halo Reach MCC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Reach MCC: I’m excited! It’s still a fun game to play and it’ll be nice seeing others get back on! b17d006c-4a16-44d7-862e-e2766dc8cf04
  3. Halo 3 ODST achievements in MCC not unlocking

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo 3 ODST achievements in MCC not unlocking: Hello. On a whim recently I decided to complete the campaigns for the various Halos on the Master chief Collection. I had partially completed all of them but had a few uncompleted chapters on...
  4. Halo MCC

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Halo MCC: So I have the halo mcc, which came with Halo 1 2 3 ODST and 4... I go to update the game after a few months of activity, update completes, I start the game and select ODST but it says I have to...
  5. HALO MCC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HALO MCC: Ho comprato da poco il gioco e ho appena finito di installare tutti i contenuti del disco più gli eventuali aggiornamenti (circa 86GB) Al momento dell'avvio delle campagne e del multiplayer mi da...
  6. Halo MCC don't recognize my progress

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo MCC don't recognize my progress: Hello everyone, and Halo fans, I don't know what to do for this, I have done complete the Halo CE and Halo 2 campaign, but the game don't recognize the progress of certains levels, you can see...
  7. Missing Korean voice dubbed of Halo MCC version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Missing Korean voice dubbed of Halo MCC version: (English) Halo CE Anniversary has a serious problem. Original Xbox Halo CE in Korean version of the Covenant was dubbed in Korean voice. The problem is that Halo CE Anniversary, which was...
  8. Halo insider MCC for PC? verification

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo insider MCC for PC? verification: Hi, I tried signing up for the Halo insider on the Waypoint site, but it says I still need to verify my email. I checked with Microsoft support after not receiving any email with a kind of...
  9. Halo reach mcc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo reach mcc: I recently heard Microsoft confirm reach is coming to mcc but I have not heard of a release date or even when to expect it can anyone at least give a time frame to expect the release?...
  10. Haven't received my code - Own Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition, Halo 5, and the MCC

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Haven't received my code - Own Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition, Halo 5, and the MCC: Still haven't received the code. eb643530-41a1-43c4-9fd5-8366b9517ec4