Halo Wars 2 no longer available/part of the "Play Anywhere" service?

Discus and support Halo Wars 2 no longer available/part of the "Play Anywhere" service? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just purchased the digital version of HW 2 from the Microsoft store, as I heard a rumor it could also be played on a Win10 PC. Yet when I access my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by seanvogel, Aug 26, 2019.

1. seanvogel
    seanvogel Guest

I just purchased the digital version of HW 2 from the Microsoft store, as I heard a rumor it could also be played on a Win10 PC. Yet when I access my account the game shows as owned but I can only install on my XB1. Does this mean that HW 2 is no longer
    on that service? Or is the service itself defunct/inactive?

:)

seanvogel, Aug 26, 2019
  2. seanvogel Win User

After a re-start (my systems weren't communicating properly) this solved my problem, thank you all.
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

It is still a Play Anywhere title and is available if purchased, or via Game Pass.

This is the link to find it in the Windows Store.
    I would verify that you're signed into the account on the Windows 10 store that purchased it on the Xbox to get access to the content associated with that account. Let us know if it's still showing not
    available or another issue and we'll see what we can do to troubleshoot and identify the issue.
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there seanvogel,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, you should be able to install the game as it is still a Play Anywhere title. You can always find out if the game is a play anywhere title by checking it out through the Xbox website:

Halo Wars 2

Go ahead and take a look at the following support article to troubleshoot this issue.

Go ahead and give this a try and let us know if it has helped.
  6. RedCarGamer Win User

Search directly "Halo Wars 2" in the Windows 10 Microsoft Store app and see if appears the Install option.
Thema:

1. Halo Wars 2 no longer available/part of the "Play Anywhere" service? - Similar Threads - Halo Wars longer

2. HALO WARS 2 LOST CAMPAIGN PROGRESS

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HALO WARS 2 LOST CAMPAIGN PROGRESS: For the past 6 months I've been unable to get support. My campaign progress keeps disappearing. I've tried all the troubleshooting; power cycles, uninstalling the game. Why is this issue still a...
  3. Halo Wars 2 crashing to desktop.

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo Wars 2 crashing to desktop.: My game would work fine for a random amount of time until crashing to the desktop. I don't know if it's the game itself or something I am doing that is causing it and I have run out of patience....
  4. In Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on PC I cannot access any multiplayer features as I get...

in XBoX on Windows
    In Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on PC I cannot access any multiplayer features as I get...: In Halo Wars: Definitive Edition on PC I cannot access any multiplayer features as I get the error message "You have lost your connection to Xbox Live. Unable to maintain your online session". I...
  5. Halo wars showing up on achievement list

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo wars showing up on achievement list: I bought halo wars for my xbox, but it shows up on my achievement/recently played list as halo wars (PC). Any reason why if says PC next to it when im playing it on xbox? I know i bought the xbox...
  6. Halo Wars 2 stürtz ab im spiel

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo Wars 2 stürtz ab im spiel: Hallo; Besitze seid kurz Halo Wars 2 und ich weiss nicht mehr weiter bin noch bei der Mission und gleich zum wo man den ersten Angriffs befehl setzen soll stürtz das spiel ab ! ich hab schon an...
  7. Halo Wars 2 Crashing in the first campaign mission

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Wars 2 Crashing in the first campaign mission: Hi, I recently purchased and installed Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition on a Windows 10 PC, I loaded the game and it started fine, navigated through the menu to the campaign section, and started the...
  8. HALO WARS 2

in XBoX on Windows
    HALO WARS 2: when I start the game, I only get to the first obstacle to destroy in campaign, then the game closes completely. i dont think my laptop is too small in configuration: OS-navn Microsoft Windows...
  9. I can't download the game Halo 4 and Gears of War 3. Always hangs at 79% and comes back early!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't download the game Halo 4 and Gears of War 3. Always hangs at 79% and comes back early!: I can not download the games. I'm Brazilian and I have this problem there. Could you tell me if this means region lock? Because my Xbox 360, it is located in Brazil, but the xbox live account is...
  10. Halo Wars 2 campaign progress lost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Wars 2 campaign progress lost: This has been going on for a VERY long time now. My Halo wars 2 campaign progress/save files keep disappearing. I've tried deleting local save data and reserved space, power cycling the console...