Halo Wars 2 no longer available/part of the "Play Anywhere" service?

Discus and support Halo Wars 2 no longer available/part of the "Play Anywhere" service? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just purchased the digital version of HW 2 from the Microsoft store, as I heard a rumor it could also be played on a Win10 PC. Yet when I access my... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by seanvogel, Aug 26, 2019.

1. seanvogel
    seanvogel Guest

I just purchased the digital version of HW 2 from the Microsoft store, as I heard a rumor it could also be played on a Win10 PC. Yet when I access my account the game shows as owned but I can only install on my XB1. Does this mean that HW 2 is no longer
    on that service? Or is the service itself defunct/inactive?

:)

seanvogel, Aug 26, 2019
  2. seanvogel Win User

After a re-start (my systems weren't communicating properly) this solved my problem, thank you all.
  3. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.
    For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

It is still a Play Anywhere title and is available if purchased, or via Game Pass.

This is the link to find it in the Windows Store.
    I would verify that you're signed into the account on the Windows 10 store that purchased it on the Xbox to get access to the content associated with that account. Let us know if it's still showing not
    available or another issue and we'll see what we can do to troubleshoot and identify the issue.
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Hey there seanvogel,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, you should be able to install the game as it is still a Play Anywhere title. You can always find out if the game is a play anywhere title by checking it out through the Xbox website:

Halo Wars 2

Go ahead and take a look at the following support article to troubleshoot this issue.

Go ahead and give this a try and let us know if it has helped.
  6. RedCarGamer Win User

Search directly "Halo Wars 2" in the Windows 10 Microsoft Store app and see if appears the Install option.
Thema:

1. Halo Wars 2 no longer available/part of the "Play Anywhere" service? - Similar Threads - Halo Wars longer

2. Can't install Halo Wars 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install Halo Wars 2: After two days of attempts trying every single solution presented by both Microsoft and by users on the forums, I'm not sure what to do anymore. I'm currently having an issue where my installation...
  3. Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition - Unable to install on Windows 10 laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition - Unable to install on Windows 10 laptop: I purchased a Download Code for Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition in April 2017 from Amazon.co.uk. I redeemed the Product Key on my Xbox One S and the game is installed there. When I try to install...
  4. Halo wars 2 cant find saved games suddently

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo wars 2 cant find saved games suddently: Hi, Does anyone know about this issue? I log on and start game but it can't find saved games and dispaly there is no saved games. 9f8fcc18-2939-46db-b1ff-25547748e977
  5. Unable to download Halo Wars 2 for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to download Halo Wars 2 for PC: I owned Halo Wars 2 for xbox one but on the game page, option to download for windows 10 is not there. There are three game pages pages. Halo Wars 2, standard edition, and complete edition. I can...
  6. Halo Wars Definitive Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo Wars Definitive Edition: Hello All, I've played this game on my Xbox One for quite some time. I learned that it's a play anywhere game so I've been trying to install it onto my Windows 10 laptop. When I log into my...
  7. Problem with halo wars 2 ultimate edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem with halo wars 2 ultimate edition: Hello everyone, I write this because I have a problem with the ultimate edition of Halo Wars 2, I'm from Mexico City, I bought the game in physical edition and as you know, in the ultimate edition...
  8. Halo Wars 2 DLC problems

in XBoX on Windows
    Halo Wars 2 DLC problems: Hello, i purchased awakening the nightmare on xbox one 2 years ago, i now own game pass for pc and i have downloaded Halo Wars 2 through it. Can i download the dlc i purchased via xbox one on pc?...
  9. Impossible to play Halo Wars 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Impossible to play Halo Wars 2: Hi everyone ! I have a big problem. I can't play Halo Wars 2 since yesterday. After a long absence, i uptaded my game but the update was corrupted. So i uninstalled the game. But when i launch...
  10. When will we have support in Halo Wars 2 for keyboard and mouse on xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When will we have support in Halo Wars 2 for keyboard and mouse on xbox one?: Why doesn't Halo Wars 2 support keyboard and mouse on XBOX ONE? If in windows 10 goes perfectly !! So you take XBOX ONE keyboard and mouse and then it does not apply it to your main games and your...