Hard Disk Drive Unformatted?

Discus and support Hard Disk Drive Unformatted? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; With the recent installment of the latest update on my 360 my 250GB hard drive appeared unformatted. Is there any reason as to why this might happen? I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DaffodilMage498, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Hard Disk Drive Unformatted?

With the recent installment of the latest update on my 360 my 250GB hard drive appeared unformatted. Is there any reason as to why this might happen? I have tried everything I can think of. Blowing in the Drive and in the Xbox. Turning my system off and
    on .Clearing the cache. Deleting the update even. All the same result. Unformatted.

:)

DaffodilMage498, Mar 28, 2015
  2. BloodLord79
    BloodLord79 Guest
    Hard Disk Drive

Hard Disk drive randomly shuts down while playing game, I want to format it again to be safe but don't want to lose all data. I switch usb port and checked connections. Is this normal or can I fix this?

BloodLord79, Mar 28, 2015
  3. LUCIFIG
    LUCIFIG Guest
    hard drive not recognized ... please help

trying to transfer hard drives, didn't have the disk and didn't know about the disk and ended up configuring the hard drive as a flash drive instead

LUCIFIG, Mar 28, 2015
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

when this happens it's most like caused a failure of the hard drive itself. When the hard drive fails it will result in the console thinking it needs an update.

The things you can try are disconnecting and reconnecting the hard drive like mentioned here:

support.xbox.com/.../add-remove-hard-drive

If that doesn't help anything the only option left is to try and format the hard drive to see if it will work afterwards. This will remove anything from the hard drive, you should be able to redownload any items you purchased via the download history on
    your account, any items like save games that were only on the hard drive are lost I'm afraid.

If the hard drive format doesn't bring the hard drive back or if it happens more then once you will need to replace the hard drive. You can request a replacement via
    http://myservice.xbox.com

WPAK, Apr 1, 2015
  5. jawest78 Win User

Can't load a game.

Do you have the disk in the drive? Even though a game is downloaded to the hard drive, you still have to have the disk in the drive in order to launch it. The system will spin the disk for a second to verify that it is there, and then everything afterwards
    will run from the hard drive.
  6. MLCodest Win User

play from hard drive

Xbox Live disk games haven't been ever been able to play games off of the hard drive after they are installed. The disk must be in the disk drive to play the game. Installing games to the hard drive causes the disk to spin less once it is in the disk drive,
    which causes slower loading times and makes the Xbox quieter.

--Hope this helps, good luck and happy gaming!
  7. WardedJarl70549 Win User

play from hard drive

I have the game in the disk tray, its installed to the hard drive, but for some reason its not letting me play off the hard drive. i still hear the disk spinning ferociously in the disk tray
  8. bowski477 Win User

Playing Call of duty Mw3

Have you attempted to download the game to your hard drive and play it from there? Even if a disk is scratched or damaged it should let you play from the hard drive as long as the disk is in the drive.
  9. H4cTh0R Win User

Cannot launche Halo : Anniversary from Hard Drive Disk

Walking dead is a disk, when installed I put the disk in the disk tray and the game start (from the hard drive).

When Halo is installed (and the disk in the disk tray), if i launch the game, the game will not launch from the hard drive.

I have a FAT 360 (rodded once), I have to take care of his life span, i need to play from Hard drive.

Any solution??
Thema:

1. Hard Disk Drive Unformatted? - Similar Threads - Hard Disk Drive

2. external hard disk drive on the xbox one s digital edition

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard disk drive on the xbox one s digital edition: Hi there can you use an external hard disk drive on the Xbox one S digital edition or would my various disk games are now useless now that I've been given the Xbox One S digital edition. Thank...
  3. New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    New external HHD will not work saying it needs USB 3.0 when it is.: I have now purchased 2 different external HHD's for my XBOX one S, both are well over 256GB and both USB 3.0. One of the HDD was a 2TB and that told me that I needed one with 256GB storage or...
  4. xbox one, trasferimento su hard disk esterno[Translation-Xbox One, external hard drive...

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one, trasferimento su hard disk esterno[Translation-Xbox One, external hard drive...: Ciao, posseggo un Seagate drive esterno da 2 tb da poco tempo.. avevo installato un paio di giochi da pochi gb e fin lì tutto bene, in questi giorni stavo facendo il download di the witcher 3 e...
  5. Rilevamento Hard Disk Esterno Xbox One X [Translation - Xbox One X external Hard Drive...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Rilevamento Hard Disk Esterno Xbox One X [Translation - Xbox One X external Hard Drive...: Ciao a tutti, c'è un modo perchè l'xbox rilevi l'hard disk esterno collegato direttamente ad ogni accensione senza che io lo debba staccare e riattaccare ogni volta? Grazie mille in anticipo...
  6. Problem with Xbox one recognizing hard disk drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with Xbox one recognizing hard disk drive: Hello, I have been sent here by xbox support. I am having a problem with my Hard Disk Drive. It can not be recogized by my xbox one. I have tried every way told in the troubleshooting does any one...
  7. The game(Minecraft) do not install from game disk to my xbox 360 hard drive

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The game(Minecraft) do not install from game disk to my xbox 360 hard drive: Hello! I was installing games from game disks to my hard drive following this instruction. When I started installing Minecraft: I inserted the game disc into the disc drive; From the home hub...
  8. I have rest my hard disk drive and i loose my savegame how i can load my save ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have rest my hard disk drive and i loose my savegame how i can load my save ?: I have rest my hard disk drive and i loose my savegame how i can load my save ? 7d4eda8f-d3d3-42a4-ac89-d29ae992df76
  9. Hard Disk Drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard Disk Drive: Hard Disk drive randomly shuts down while playing game, I want to format it again to be safe but don't want to lose all data. I switch usb port and checked connections. Is this normal or can I fix...
  10. Can you not switch Xbox one hard drives or disk drives from one console to the other?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you not switch Xbox one hard drives or disk drives from one console to the other?: My Xbox One disk drive wasn't working properly so I bought a new Xbox one but didn't want to re download all my stuff so took my old hard drive out and put it in my new Xbox one but then it didn't...