Hard Drive being formatted...

Discus and support Hard Drive being formatted... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm sure a lot of people know how frustrating it is, to activate your console and end up with the unformatted malfunction. Well for me its not a big... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ramos1337, Aug 9, 2014.

1. ramos1337
    ramos1337 Guest

I'm sure a lot of people know how frustrating it is, to activate your console and end up with the unformatted malfunction. Well for me its not a big deal. Witch is why I use the internal memory drive to save my games now. However just recently I run into
    a different error. As im trying to format my Hard drive. Being the 5th or 8th time doing so. The console takes a ridiculous amount of time trying to format the hard drive. As im typing this the console is still trying to format the hard drive... The time that
    has passed already has been say I don't know FOUR TO SIX HOURS!?!?! (Sigh) anyways does anyone else know how to fix this error? I know it probably has also to do with the fact that its a 250gb HD and most of its memory has been used, 100gb to be exact.

:)

ramos1337, Aug 9, 2014
  2. Hard drive not formatted

the only way to fix it is to reformat your harddrive. unfortunately its probably an issue with your system

Lites-AB849D2A-C3CE-4D94-B58E-CFFB1726BAFB, Aug 9, 2014
  3. Whagi
    Whagi Guest
    Hard drive not formatted

As mentioned, either the drive is faulty, or it needs to be reformatted. Please make sure you make a backup of your saves next time, to either a USB stick, or the Cloud option. Then at least you could copy them across again.

Whagi, Aug 9, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

What type of console are you using? Are you sure the hard drive is an official Microsoft hard drive? Where did you purchase the drive from?

Also, you say that this is the 5th - 8th time you've done this. Perhaps the hard drive is on it's last legs and needs to be replaced.

onyxishere, Aug 9, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

What type of console are you using? Are you sure the hard drive is an official Microsoft hard drive? Where did you purchase the drive from?

Also, you say that this is the 5th - 8th time you've done this. Perhaps the hard drive is on it's last legs and needs to be replaced.
  6. Junemas Win User

Can't Download my Account

Can you try formatting the hard drive the Redownload your profile. Being that the hard drive was previously used with another console this should remedy your problem.
  7. HassanB Win User

I cant play

Hello,

If you've already removed the hard drive and plugged it back in and it still isn't recognizing data, but it's telling you that it's unformatted that means the data on the hard drive is gone. You will need to format the hard drive before being able to use it
    again. If it does not format, or if this happens again then you will need to consider getting a new hard drive as the one you have currently would seem to malfunctioning.
  8. XBF Ezra G Win User

Issue with game updates Xbox one s

Hi Shaun,

If the hard drive seems to be causing the issue, data on the hard drive may be corrupt. To resolve this, you can format the hard drive and attempt to save content to it again, and see if it affects updates. To format a hard drive, check out this article:

How to format a flash drive to NTFS on Windows
    . The steps are the same for a hard drive, just be sure to select your hard drive for formatting over another device.

I hope this helps.
  9. Flips flackbean Win User

Hard drive not formatting

I have just bpught a 2tb wd drive and mine wont format either and have just got the new windows 10 dashboard
Thema:

1. Hard Drive being formatted... - Similar Threads - Hard Drive being

2. hard drive not being read and took too long to start issues

in XboX Insiders
    hard drive not being read and took too long to start issues: ever since the last December 4th update my xbox one s hadn’t been able to read my external drive, i checked it and it works fine on everything else like PC, but when i go into my games and apps it...
  3. External hard drive is not being detected

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive is not being detected: my seagate 4 tb hard drive isnt working and i have hard reset my console and unplugged it and replugged it in and it wont work 10e97246-18e5-48a4-acf0-5be8cbaa9978
  4. My new external hard drive isn’t being recognized by my Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My new external hard drive isn’t being recognized by my Xbox one: Xbox one wont recognize my new external hard drive.. 4 TB. 9e393681-2b2e-4156-9dd9-55bdda38c1b4
  5. 2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...: it is not being detected when I plug it in and I don't know what to do now. tried reformatting it and deleting and reuploading a partition to it. nothing will work. help...
  6. 2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...: it is not being detected when I plug it in and I don't know what to do now. tried reformatting it and deleting and reuploading a partition to it. nothing will work. help...
  7. External Hard Drive not being detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive not being detected: I have a Seagate 3TB Expansion Desktop Drive it has been working perfectly fine until recently. My Xbox will not detect the device at all so I did a hard reset, unplugged it and plugged it in to...
  8. external hard drive used up 300+gb of storage while xbox wasnt being used

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard drive used up 300+gb of storage while xbox wasnt being used: hey i was wondering if someone could help me with this issue, i hadnt played my xbox in over a month as i was quite busy, i decided to play some horizon 3 today because of the new dlc but when i...
  9. Hard drive not being read anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive not being read anymore: I have been using a portable hard drive for all my games, it used to work and now all of a sudden the Xbox stopped reading it. Any ideas on why it stopped or how to get it to work right again?...
  10. EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT BEING DETECTED RIGHT AFTER PATCH

in XBoX on Consoles
    EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT BEING DETECTED RIGHT AFTER PATCH: What is wrong with this patch it's awful, is there any way to fix this now or am I s crewed? External hard drive that I watch all my movies and shows on is not working/being detected on my Xbox...