Hard Drive Failure - Xbox 360 Slim

Discus and support Hard Drive Failure - Xbox 360 Slim in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I have a xbox 360 slim with a 250GB Hard Drive. I cannot copy/install/download anything to the Hard Drive.I can see the Hard Drive,it tells me... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EvazivSounds, Aug 13, 2014.

1. EvazivSounds
    EvazivSounds Guest

Hi,

I have a xbox 360 slim with a 250GB Hard Drive.

I cannot copy/install/download anything to the Hard Drive.I can see the Hard Drive,it tells me that is there..but i cannot use it.I got last week the red dot twice.

How i can repair my Hard Drive ? Cause..is expensive to buy a new 250 GB Hard Drive.

Help! Thank u.

:)

EvazivSounds, Aug 13, 2014
  2. Lokitns
    Lokitns Guest
    Have you ever had hard drive issues with the Xbox 360 slim?

Never had a single HD problem with the slim, but I did have a problem with the old 360 classic. I had a hard drive fail out on me, it flat out died. I put it in a HD array I have to see if it was the Xbox and nope, was a clicking drive (failure sound clicks).

Lokitns, Aug 13, 2014
  3. Hard Drive Situation

Can i use an xbox slim hard drive on the xbox 360 hard drive?

Bloody Steelix, Aug 13, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

You could try reformatting the hard drive but if that doesn't work it may be dead in which case you would have to purchase a new one.

Sorry.

onyxishere, Aug 13, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

You could try reformatting the hard drive but if that doesn't work it may be dead in which case you would have to purchase a new one.

Sorry.
  6. maxen Win User

xbox 360 hard drive not working

For Original Xbox games to be playable on an Xbox 360, it needs to be an official Microsoft Hard Drive.

However, there is no official 120GB hard drive for the Slim, only 250GB and 320GB.

There is a 120GB for the original-style Xbox 360 and the later Elite, but not Slim.

If you are using a Slim, the hard drive itself will be the problem and you will need an official one.
  7. DrM0nsta Win User

External hard drive not recognized?

It is the slim 4gb Xbox 360. The hard drive is a Go! Data 80gb external hard drive. It did work with the same slim xbox previously but now it doesn't.
  8. Johantpro Win User

Should I get my old white xbox 360 fixed or purchase the elite?

Get the slim it's better, however getting your old hard drive memorie to the new slim hard drive will require that you buy an Xbox 360 Hard Drive Transfer Cable to make it easy.
  9. maxen Win User

Cannot play original Xbox games with my Xbox Slim

To play Original Xbox games, you need an official Microsoft hard drive.

There is no official 120GB hard drive for the Slim. For the Slim, the hard drives are 250GB and 320GB (and one with 4GB internal flash memory); there is a 120GB hard drive for the first iteration Xbox 360 and later Elite console.

So if you're sure yours is the Slim variant, the hard drive itself will be the problem.
Thema:

1. Hard Drive Failure - Xbox 360 Slim - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Failure

2. [TROUBLESHOOTING] How do I know if I have hard drive failure or a video output failure on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    [TROUBLESHOOTING] How do I know if I have hard drive failure or a video output failure on...: Hey all, Yesterday, I experienced the black screen of death on my XBOX One X. Afterwards going through the troubleshooting steps, I was pretty sure that it was the HDMI issue that was plaguing...
  3. Xbox One X hard drive failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X hard drive failure: My xbox one x hard drive failed. it was out of warranty and i replaced it on my own. The next hard drive failed a couple weeks later. Will xbox accept this xbox for repair even though i opened it...
  4. Xbox One X hard drive failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X hard drive failure: My xbox one x hard drive failed. it was out of warranty and i replaced it on my own. The next hard drive failed a couple weeks later. Will xbox accept this xbox for repair even though i opened it...
  5. Xbox One S Hard drive failure

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One S Hard drive failure: I am in preview beta and my xbox one s hard drive seems to be broken, I am not sure if its the hard drive but it makes a beeping noise. I was able to reset it but I can't go past the setup screen...
  6. External hard drive failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive failure: I bought a Seagate 2tb game drive for my Xbox one. I've had the drive for about a year. A couple months ago the games on the drive take forever to load up. Sometimes when playing a game the game...
  7. External hard drive failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive failure: I bought a Seagate 2tb game drive for my Xbox one. I've had the drive for about a year. A couple months ago the games on the drive take forever to load up. Sometimes when playing a game the game...
  8. Internal hard drive failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internal hard drive failure: My 500GB hard drive has failed two months after the warranty expired. I have formatted a new one with OSU1 files using Windows 10 but it will not load the interface without receiving system...
  9. hard drive failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    hard drive failure: My hard drive failed on my xbox one, how do i get the os back on a new hard drive? 7e58392b-a370-4612-9f39-f65bf1914a39
  10. X1 external hard drive failure. Please HELP!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    X1 external hard drive failure. Please HELP!!!: Hey folks I am in dire need of advice. I bought the Western Digital My Book 4TB from amazon. I took it out the box and hooked it up to the xbox. No problems it detected it right away and formatted...