Hard drive keeps unformatting

Discus and support Hard drive keeps unformatting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My hard drive keeps unformating for no apparent reason i always have to redownload stuff 1fb2b21c-310c-4e5f-bb36-a89d470ab674 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PooF iNTee, Aug 14, 2014.

1. PooF iNTee
    PooF iNTee Guest

My hard drive keeps unformating for no apparent reason i always have to redownload stuff

:)

PooF iNTee, Aug 14, 2014
  2. Geetis
    Geetis Guest
    Hard Drive Problems Xbox 360 S 250 "Unformatted"

Same thing keeps happening to me every 2 - 3 weeks now. I lost all my saves and everything. I've tried everything I could to fix it, but nothing happens. Is it a hard drive problem or is it my Xbox that keeps unformatting my hard drive?

Geetis, Aug 14, 2014
  3. halo00zilla
    halo00zilla Guest
    Hard Drive Unformatting Errors.

Hi blaziken386,

Im sorry that you are experiencing this issue. This could be a sign that your hard drive is going bad. I would recommend to immediately back up all your saved games on to your cloud or USB storage device. Next thing I would try is to format your hard drive
    this may correct the error. Heres how you should do it.

Quoted from support.microsoft.com/.../906502

To format a storage device

Start your Xbox 360 console without a disc in the tray.

Go to the Settings hub, and choose System.

Select Storage.

Highlight the storage device that you want to format, and then press the Y button on your controller.

In this case you want to select your Xbox Hard Drive

Select Format. You receive the following message: This will delete all content on this device. Do you want to continue?

Choose Yes to format the storage device.

If you are asked to enter your console serial number, enter your number, and then select Done. This step helps guard against accidental formatting.

The console serial number is located on the back of the console and behind the oval door on the front of your console.

What this won't delete

As mentioned above, this will clear the Hard Drive, but not your Xbox Live profile, which is stored on the Xbox Live servers. You will be able to use your profile on another Xbox if you sign in using your username & password.

What this will delete

All games, music, video, personalized settings and save games (unless they were previously transferred to another drive or the cloud.

If this does not correct the issue I would try to chat with Xbox support here
    support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

halo00zilla, Aug 14, 2014
  4. xTye
    xTye Guest

It sounds like the hard drive is going out. I'd contact Xbox Support about a replacement/repair. Be aware, a fee may be involved.

5. xTye Win User

It sounds like the hard drive is going out. I'd contact Xbox Support about a replacement/repair. Be aware, a fee may be involved.
  6. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Xbox 360 Elite Hard Drive error?

Hi, as the hard drive is showing as unformatted there's little you can do but try to format it. The hard drive may not format or format but then become unformatted again which would indicate a major problem with the hard drive.
  7. DRG StonerPooch Win User

Ohhhh this may sound stupid

yo my hard drive for 360 keep saying its unformatted all because of an update by xbox and i dont want to formatted
  8. Geetis Win User

Hard Drive Problems Xbox 360 S 250 "Unformatted"

Same thing keeps happening to me every 2 - 3 weeks now. I lost all my saves and everything. I've tried everything I could to fix it, but nothing happens. Is it a hard drive problem or is it my Xbox that keeps unformatting my hard drive?
  9. Instinct Kreate Win User

My Hard-Drive is "Unformatted?"

Edit: Xbox hard-drive is unformatted
Thema:

1. Hard drive keeps unformatting - Similar Threads - Hard drive keeps

2. Xbox One X Hard Drives Keep Failing...?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Hard Drives Keep Failing...?: I bought a used Xbox One X from a good friend. It had hardly been used and was stored in its original box most of its life. I set it up and got it going with no issues. About a week later it...
  3. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: I'm copying the post that DavidIQ wrote about this issue since it was "locked" without any kind of resolution. I want to keep this topic going in case someone comes up with a solution or finds...
  4. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: I'm having the same exact issue that this person posted in this thread that was started a month ago that was for some reason considered "old" and then locked with no resolution: The external HDD...
  5. XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One external hard drive keeps spinning up and down every minute: The external HDD (Seagate STDT3000300 BACKUP PLUS Desktop 3TB, USB3.0, 3.5 inch external drive, powered by external power) of my Xbox One keeps spinning up for a few seconds then spinning down...
  6. External Hard Drive keeps disconnected my xbox from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive keeps disconnected my xbox from the internet: i recently got a maxone 500 GB external hard drive which is compatible with xbox one, but every time i plug it into the USB ports in the back, my xbox is immediately disconnected from the internet...
  7. External Hard Drive Keeps Disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Keeps Disconnecting: I got an Xbox One X yesterday and i used an external Hard drive to transfer my games and settings. It all worked fine and all my games where there but when i turn the Xbox off it disconnects the...
  8. Xbox one S gives error code 0x8007045d and it keeps diconnecting external hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S gives error code 0x8007045d and it keeps diconnecting external hard drive: Hard drives disconnects and then reconnects every 5 seconds error code 0x8007045d when ever I try to play a game. This a gears of war S edition, that was working good. Tried drive on a original...
  9. Keeps shutting down, no hard drive found

in XBoX on Consoles
    Keeps shutting down, no hard drive found: So just a few days ago I was watching Netflix and all of a sudden my xbox turns off, it's never done anything like this before. I turned it back on and it just kept turning itself off and back on....
  10. Corrupted data keeps coming back on my hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Corrupted data keeps coming back on my hard drive: I keep getting 2 items in the "Avatar Items" section of my hard drive. I can only suspect the items are from the game World of Tanks. I only get them when I attempt to play WoT, and I also have 2...