hard drive not being read and took too long to start issues

Discus and support hard drive not being read and took too long to start issues in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; ever since the last December 4th update my xbox one s hadn’t been able to read my external drive, i checked it and it works fine on everything else... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/nsrbigshot, Dec 5, 2019.

1. hard drive not being read and took too long to start issues

ever since the last December 4th update my xbox one s hadn’t been able to read my external drive, i checked it and it works fine on everything else like PC, but when i go into my games and apps it shows it there but says there’s nothing on it and it’s 100% full, games i have on my xbox itself “take too long to start” and when i go into storage in settings (if that doesn’t take too long to start) i click the storage button it just freezes up and does nothing, i filed a problem on the xbox itself just wondering if anyone has any solutions or the same issue?

submitted by /u/nsrbigshot
    [link] [comments]

/u/nsrbigshot, Dec 5, 2019
  2. LegoNinja187 Win User

I really need a xbox one x owners answer.

I've never had issues with my hard drive, unless you count the "took too long to start" error as one.
  3. Mister Maka Win User

"_______ took too long to start"

Hey there RaccoonNinja28.

So that we can narrow this down, are you able to disconnect your Xbox One from Xbox Live and try starting a game while offline? As you mentioned your console is downloading updates without issue, but I'm curious to see if your connection is affecting your ability
    to play games.
  4. CaptSchlang Win User

Took too long to start

**** pathetic system and support by Microsoft I'm ready to switch back to ps4. I should have never sold my ps4. I've had to do this **** system factory reset 8 times in the last week!!!!!!!
  5. WPAK Win User

Took too long to start

6. Sabr Temper Win User

Game took too long to start

Hello, have you tried restarting the xbox. I found this usually solves a majority game starting issues. If you are unsure how to go to this link for step by step directions, https://t.co/Av13Y8CrVg
Thema:

hard drive not being read and took too long to start issues

1. hard drive not being read and took too long to start issues - Similar Threads - hard drive being

2. External hard drive is not being detected

in XBoX Accessibility
    External hard drive is not being detected: my seagate 4 tb hard drive isnt working and i have hard reset my console and unplugged it and replugged it in and it wont work 10e97246-18e5-48a4-acf0-5be8cbaa9978
  3. My new external hard drive isn’t being recognized by my Xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My new external hard drive isn’t being recognized by my Xbox one: Xbox one wont recognize my new external hard drive.. 4 TB. 9e393681-2b2e-4156-9dd9-55bdda38c1b4
  4. 2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...: it is not being detected when I plug it in and I don't know what to do now. tried reformatting it and deleting and reuploading a partition to it. nothing will work. help...
  5. 2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 tb hard drive i bought is not being detected by Xbox to format. followed directions to a ...: it is not being detected when I plug it in and I don't know what to do now. tried reformatting it and deleting and reuploading a partition to it. nothing will work. help...
  6. External Hard Drive not being detected

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive not being detected: I have a Seagate 3TB Expansion Desktop Drive it has been working perfectly fine until recently. My Xbox will not detect the device at all so I did a hard reset, unplugged it and plugged it in to...
  7. external hard drive used up 300+gb of storage while xbox wasnt being used

in XBoX on Consoles
    external hard drive used up 300+gb of storage while xbox wasnt being used: hey i was wondering if someone could help me with this issue, i hadnt played my xbox in over a month as i was quite busy, i decided to play some horizon 3 today because of the new dlc but when i...
  8. Hard drive not being read anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hard drive not being read anymore: I have been using a portable hard drive for all my games, it used to work and now all of a sudden the Xbox stopped reading it. Any ideas on why it stopped or how to get it to work right again?...
  9. EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT BEING DETECTED RIGHT AFTER PATCH

in XBoX on Consoles
    EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE NOT BEING DETECTED RIGHT AFTER PATCH: What is wrong with this patch it's awful, is there any way to fix this now or am I s crewed? External hard drive that I watch all my movies and shows on is not working/being detected on my Xbox...
  10. external Xbox 360 hard drive files being seen by my Xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    external Xbox 360 hard drive files being seen by my Xbox one?: can someone 0lease tell me why my games and save files I have placed on my formated external hard drive for my 360 cannot be seen by my xbox one? i had alot of content on these drives. help!...