Hard drive or Xbox problems

Discus and support Hard drive or Xbox problems in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So recently ive been having a lot of problems with both my xbox and my hard drive and im not entirely sure which is the source. Awhile back my xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jotar0w0, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Jotar0w0
    Jotar0w0 Guest

So recently ive been having a lot of problems with both my xbox and my hard drive and im not entirely sure which is the source. Awhile back my xbox couldnt play any games at all and i had to factory reset my xbox several times luckily this seems to have
    passed but now my hard drive keeps disconnecting so i format it and now its not being picked up at all. I got a new wire and seems to have fixed it for two days but now it just turns on for 10 seconds then dies

:)

Jotar0w0, Nov 24, 2020
  2. EggsBoxJuan Win User

Hard Drive Not Recognised

Hi, the problem is that you configured the hard drives as xbox USB storage devices, this will have removed information the console needs to distinguish an xbox hard drive from a USB hard drive. In essence this now means you can't use the hard drives as
    xbox hard drives again.
  3. BUTTO FINGA Win User

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3

Some of my friends are having the same problem with the 20GB hard drive and an original XBOX 360 but my other friends with an original XBOX 360 with a 60GB hard drive and up do not have this problem... I assume it's the hard drive?
  4. medium bloke Win User

Hard drive not recognised

I see two possibilities then, the data on the hard drive has been corrupted somehow, or the Xbox is no longer able to detect hard drives any more. I would recommend getting your Xbox repaired, but in the meantime is there another Xbox you could put your
    hard drives in to see if it is a problem with your Xbox, or if it is a problem with the hard drives?
  5. CrazY1985 Win User

e68 error

It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it.

If this works, then it's your harddrive. Install the harddrive back in your xbox and try again.
  6. LightningRaines Win User

Xbox original games on 360

The most common problem is either with the game and/or the hard drive.

For example, some original xbox games are able to be played.

The problem with the hard drive is the it can only play original xbox games if your xbox has a Microsoft brand hard drive.

If you still have a problem keeping posting on this or a new thread :)
Thema:

1. Hard drive or Xbox problems - Similar Threads - Hard drive problems

2. Xbox Hard Drive Pop Up Problem on New Series S

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Hard Drive Pop Up Problem on New Series S: I have the new series S with an external harddrive plugged into it. When I am playing games it constantly will shut down and let me know the external drive is ready. Is there a solution to fix...
  3. External hard drive problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    External hard drive problems: I just had a problem with my external hard drive on my xbox one S and i have tryed ha few thing but they wont work also for some reason it would connent the external hard drive but it has nothing...
  4. Xbox Series X / External Hard Drive problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X / External Hard Drive problems: (Hard Drive = HD) I just downloaded Destiny 2 and all expansions and when I tried to play it it said "game is taking too long" I didn't think anything of it at the time but then none of my games...
  5. External hard drive problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive problems: I recently got a external hard drive and when I tried to download games on it it installs for a bit then says installation stopped and then external storage ready.this is only a problem for the...
  6. External hard drive problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive problems: I recently got a external hard drive and when I tried to download games on it it installs for a bit then says installation stopped and then external storage ready.this is only a problem for the...
  7. External Hard Drive Problem Seagate 4TB model SRDNONF 1

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard Drive Problem Seagate 4TB model SRDNONF 1: Hi Everyone Please can someone Help . i have an External Hard Drive for my X Box . its a Seagate 4 TB unit , ive had it well over a Year and it has at least one Game on it but i carnt seem to...
  8. Problema xbox one e hard disk esterno / Xbox one and external hard drive problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problema xbox one e hard disk esterno / Xbox one and external hard drive problem: Ho una xbox one e ho installato dei giochi sull'hard disk esterno, ma quando tolgo l'hard disk dalla xbox e lo metto su un'altra xbox non mi ritrovo più nessun gioco installato. Succede su...
  9. How do you fix external hard drive problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you fix external hard drive problem?: When i connect my external hard drive into my xbox it shows up the hard drive to connect it then it keeps disconnect and reconnecting my controller. Also it kicks me out of my wifi to where i cant...
  10. hard drive problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    hard drive problem: I gave my son a hard drive but it’s a different brand and it’s from another country. When the drive connects he adds some space and starts downloading games but the hard drive disconnects every 15...