Hard-drive to Save Xbox games on Xbox 360 games

Discus and support Hard-drive to Save Xbox games on Xbox 360 games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In order to save xbox game data on xbox 360, do you need to have a separate hard drive or can the game save on the 360 internal storage?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by spisrox, Jun 23, 2021.

1. spisrox
    spisrox Guest

In order to save xbox game data on xbox 360, do you need to have a separate hard drive or can the game save on the 360 internal storage?

:)

spisrox, Jun 23, 2021
  2. hn333 Win User

Can you transfer installed xbox 360 games to another hard drive using a transfer cable?

This is from the Xbox page.

Transfer the fun to your new Xbox 360®. The hard drive transfer cable moves content from any Xbox 360 or hard drive to your new Xbox 360 S or Xbox 360 hard drive. Easily transfer HD movies, music, saved games, player profiles, and even full games installed
    on your hard drive. Plus, use the cable over and over if you choose to get a new console or hard drive again in the future.
  3. gds1972 Win User

Backwards Compatibility with xbox 360 saves

Hi

No you can't transfer you Xbox 360 game saves via a hard drive you will need to use an Xbox 360 to transfer the game saves to the cloud once you have done this your Xbox One should then see the game saves.
  4. Dirty Loco Win User

Original Xbox Games with transfer cable

The Transfer cable is designed solely to move data from one hard drive to another. It is not designed to extract certain saved game files in order to play them.

If you want to play a saved game from that hard drive, simply install the hard drive onto your Xbox.

<edit> I just realized you that you are asking about an original Xbox game. The transfer cable will only work between Xbox 360 hard drives. They will not work with original Xbox hard drives.
  5. leviathin666 Win User

Xbox one games

And here a food for thought. Why is it that when you play classic Xbox games on the 360 why it saves to the hard drive with a added patch BUT you cannot do the same thing with 360 games on the Xbox one or Xbox one x, why not just have a simple extra patch
    that allows you to save games to the hard drive of your new console?
  6. Smwutches Win User

I received the new guitar hero for xmas. The system said that i needed the gold package for storage space. So I bought it and the cloud only has 2 gb of space when I need 8gb. I feel like I am out 60$ for nothing. How can I remedy this problem?

The cloud will only store game saves. If the game is needing extra storage space for game data, you would need to add an Xbox 360 hard drive or either an external USB hard drive or flash drive.
Thema:

1. Hard-drive to Save Xbox games on Xbox 360 games - Similar Threads - Hard drive Save

2. External Hard drive still on in power save mode when off

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Hard drive still on in power save mode when off: I upgraded the external hard drive on my ps4 to a 5tb. The old 4tb I moved to my xbox one s. Now when I turned off my ps4 console the hard drive would turn off as well, however when I turn off my...
  3. Move or copy purchased movies saved to Xbox 360 hard drive to Xbox one hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Move or copy purchased movies saved to Xbox 360 hard drive to Xbox one hard drive: Move or copy purchased movies saved to Xbox 360 hard drive to Xbox one hard drive. I have a lot of movies that I purchased using an xbox 360 and saved them to an external 2GB USB 2 hard drive. My...
  4. cloud save and hard drive save gone

in XBoX on Windows
    cloud save and hard drive save gone: Hi, im playing final fantasy 15 both on my PC via xbox beta and my xbox one. However this morning all my saves have disappeared, i did not delete them and no one else uses my devices. Is there a...
  5. Should you remove your hard drive before “Clearing Local Saved Games”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should you remove your hard drive before “Clearing Local Saved Games”?: I have a hard drive, and I’ve cleared local saved games before, but that was before I got the hard drive. So should I unplug the hard drive before clearing local saved games, or should I keep it...
  6. Alien Isolation crashes with error accessing the hard drive cache while trying to save a game.

in XBoX on Windows
    Alien Isolation crashes with error accessing the hard drive cache while trying to save a game.: Alien Isolation crashes with error accessing the hard drive cache while trying to save a game. I am using xbox game pass for the pc. Running as administrator doesn't help. I have searched the...
  7. Does Xbox copy save data from games on external hard drives to the Cloud?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does Xbox copy save data from games on external hard drives to the Cloud?: Recently I’ve had some issue regarding my hard drive. A friend gave me advice saying I should wipe my hard drive in irder to reset it. I would do this but I’m unaware of the nature of the cloud...
  8. Retrieving saved games, etc. from removed Xbox One hard drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Retrieving saved games, etc. from removed Xbox One hard drive: Hi. Recently, my grandson dropped his Xbox One and would no longer output video. We bought him a refurbished unit, but all of his saved games are on the old drive. Also, even though he knows his...
  9. do i need to save some hard drive space?

in XBoX Accessibility
    do i need to save some hard drive space?: i have 1tb xbox and currently have 300gb free, but red dead will be out soon and its probably going to be a big download. im asking because I've been told by multiple people, if you don't leave...
  10. Transferring data across xbox 360 hard drive to Cloud Saved Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Transferring data across xbox 360 hard drive to Cloud Saved Games: Hello I am struggling with transferring my data across from xbox 360 hard drive to the Cloud Saved Games. For the downloaded games, they move across but only Mbs and not Gbs, why is that? (It...