Hardware issues

Discus and support Hardware issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, My wireless controller doesnt always connect to my xbox and drops out every 10 minutes. My headset mic also drops in and out all the time.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CharlieAughton, Mar 24, 2020 at 6:22 AM.

1. Hardware issues

Hi there,

My wireless controller doesnt always connect to my xbox and drops out every 10 minutes. My headset mic also drops in and out all the time. My wired internet connection does not work ever only wireless. Are
    these faults to do with my xbox or can they be fixed. Thankyou

:)

CharlieAughton, Mar 24, 2020 at 6:22 AM
  2. Hordie Win User

Is this a hardware issue?

Hi hammerhawker,

Sorry you're having issues with your Xbox. Try running through the suggestions above. If they don't resolve your issue, I would suggest doing a repair, or if you would like further assistance I would suggest creating your own thread so the community can
    best assist with your exact issue.
  3. RuG TheMunchies Win User

I've tried both re-installing & the factory reset. Same issues. I think it's probably going to be a GPU issue, but it's strange that it ONLY happens on 2 games?! (thanks for replying so quickly btw!).

Also, £84 for the repair... and I imagine I will have to pay for the shipping too... ouch.
  4. wewelittelbares Win User

Hardware issues

I used to have the same issue i thought it was my router but i found out its was the batteries and charger i had for my controllers i figured that out when i got a new battery kit and charger when my cat chewed up the power cord for my old one
  5. Zero420override Win User

Hardware issues

Are you in an area where there are alot of electrical signals (routers, phones using Bluetooth, etc..) thats been an issue for me and others. Try moving your console away from any routers and the like, and see of that helps.
  6. Hordie Win User

Hi RuG TheMunchies,

Sorry you're having issues with your console. A couple of tests to would be first to reinstall the games. To do that, go to games and apps, games, select the tile of the game, press menu, manage, and uninstall. After that reinstall the game to make sure.
    If that doesn't work, then you could try doing a factory reset with the
    steps here
    . Your saves should be saved to the cloud if you keep your Xbox connected to the internet. If those don't work, you may need to do a repair which you can request
    here.
Thema:

Hardware issues

1. Hardware issues - Similar Threads - Hardware issues

2. HDMI-In XBOX One X Issue Hardware or Preview?

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI-In XBOX One X Issue Hardware or Preview?: Anyone on the Dashboard preview experience HDMI In issues? Still trying to find out if an update disabled it or if this is hardware related. So frustrating. 7yrs with not needing to switch inputs...
  3. Xbox One X - Bluray playback has software or hardware issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - Bluray playback has software or hardware issue: I purchased an Xbox One X (with 1TB) in Dec 2019, UK model. I first tried playing movie bluray discs with it in February 2020, using the standard Bluray player app. That's when discovered an issue...
  4. HDMI Passthrough Issue [Update or Hardware?)

in XboX Insiders
    HDMI Passthrough Issue [Update or Hardware?): So for a few weeks my Dish Joey was not showing signal when opening the One Guide. Shows, "your TV Signal was lost". I called dish and got a new Joey sent out. Same issue. Set up the Joey using...
  5. Microphone Issues (New hardware, still not working)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microphone Issues (New hardware, still not working): Hey gang, I have been having issues with my Microsoft Headset, primarily with the microphone. I can hear those in my party no problem. The output is good. My microphone is not registering my...
  6. Xbox live hardware/software Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox live hardware/software Issues: Hi I am a casual dad gamer and i have experienced alot of problems lately. So I recently went through and opened every port that I need opened so that I will have an Open NAT type on my xbox...
  7. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Hardware issues

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 - Hardware issues: Following the Microsoft press release 14 November 19: "Update November 14:Following a request for comment alongside our original report, Microsoft has acknowledged issues reported with the Xbox...
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues (Defective Hardware)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Quality Issues (Defective Hardware): So I heard good things about the Elite 2 and decided to pick it up as a controller for my PC about a week ago. First of all, I LOVE IT. However, I noticed that I had to be really precise at times...
  9. Got a bit of an issue with my xbox's hardware

in XboX Insiders
    Got a bit of an issue with my xbox's hardware: My spare Xbox keeps turning it's self off randomly and piping the disk out by itself. It sounds like someone is spamming the buttons every time it happens. I've stripped it down (Wanted to change...
  10. Xbox One Hardware ISSUE

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Hardware ISSUE: Hello, I reside in Goa, India and I have an Xbox One, the warranty is void. The console has an issue of shutting down on its own and also games restarting on their own and at times also not...