hardware problem

Discus and support hardware problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm just after some advice please. Feel like I'm not getting anywhere fast with Xbox and causing me a lot of unnecessary stress. I purchased my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by loisjackson1, Sep 23, 2019.

1. loisjackson1
    loisjackson1 Guest

hardware problem

Hi,

I'm just after some advice please. Feel like I'm not getting anywhere fast with Xbox and causing me a lot of unnecessary stress. I purchased my sons Xbox in November last year, and after returning from holiday his Xbox wouldn't power up. I contacted Argos
    who gave me a number to call to raise a repair request. I did this online in the end through my Microsoft account which showed the console was still in warranty. After 15 days the console was returned to my UPS drop off point (i wasn't told it was on its
    way back or what had be done with the console, i tracked the reference and found out it was sitting in the shop) When i opened the box the console was in a plastic package, with its lead and a letter. The letter is a standard letter template they must send
    out to many people, doesn't have my name, or anything linking to my sons Xbox. It states that the warranty is now void and no repair or replacement will happen due to in so many words I have tampered the Xbox and removed the serial number. Not very happy I
    called them who have told me they will get in touch with the repair team in Germany for a report. So to cut a long story short, after a lot of conversations on Thursday I spoke to a woman who said I could either have another repair arranged or I could return
    it to Argos with a case reference number for a replacement. I took the second option, went off to Argos and what a surprise, it wasn't that simple. They called Microsoft who then explained they had proof that the console had been opened, serial numbers had
    been removed or defaced and the console had been modified. Shocked and very angry due to the humiliation, I asked to speak to the lady. I protested that I wouldn't know how to even open the console, and why would I feel the need to knowing I had warranty.
    This not very helpful lady then said "well i'm not sure madam but it was tampered with. Maybe your son did it" Yes that's possible his 8 years old, and quite handy with the inside of an Xbox console. I asked for proof of what they had found inside the Xbox
    and am still waiting. I have requested call backs, managers to call me. No one is helping me!!

I have contacted trading standards for advice as i want to pursue this further, just after some advice here if anyone has ever experienced anything like this.

:)

loisjackson1, Sep 23, 2019
  2. Internet Expert Win User

Hardware problem

If it's only been 6 months since you bought it, you can get it repaired with the
    one year manufacturer's warranty provided by Microsoft.

Register your console's serial number to your account, and schedule a repair here:
    https://devicesupport.microsoft.com
  3. D0p3 Win User

Hardware problem

Do you use an external harddrive with USB 3.0? If you do. Plug it off abd try to connect. Xbox one has very bad problems with some kind of Usb 3.0 cable. If you read this Microsoft please fix this problem.
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Hardware problem

Are you the one "in charge" of the WiFi? I ask because devices can be "kicked off" or blocked from the wifi by the person who administers or controls it. The block can be done by the MAC address so you wont get back on.

If it isn't the above then have you tried telling the Xbox to forget the connection and set it back up from scratch?

If you login to the router you can also clear the current table of devices and it will automatically refresh (wont hurt anything on the network already) and try to bring your console in again like its new.

A full power down and up will fix a lot of things if you have not done that I do suggest it. It can be done from the menu of just hold the Xbox button for 8 seconds; if you want a full reset remove the power cord for 30 seconds prior to turning the console
    on again.
  5. zTiredz Win User

Hardware problem

Uhm okay but thres no way Im able to test my network connection when its not even letting me connect to it at all in the first place lol
  6. ngocphi Win User

hardware problem

As we mentioned noone not even trading standards will touch any opened warrantied product I dont think you realize rhe issue

As soon as its labeled tampered noone not even thr police will touch it

For good reason Noone opens up unknown devices

Baring chemical leak due to tampering or hidden devices the same concept is applied to left behind brief cases

Also should be noted console bans also invalidates warranty this is to keep people from swapping out consoles to avoid bans

Fyi they dont need proof thats what you arent getting

As soon as they see the damaged sticker they dont touch it even with a 10 foot pole

It is immediate hands off and repackaged without even looking at it

Again due to safety reasons no manufacturer will allow any worker to work on unknown products

Therr is too many safety issues
Thema:

hardware problem

1. hardware problem - Similar Threads - hardware problem

2. Wireless hardware problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wireless hardware problem: I downloaded a game and then the next day i tried to play the game but it said i had no connection to the internet and there was no internet to names to connect to and it said to try to reset...
  3. Can someone acknowledge that this isn’t a hardware problem/ there are 5+ people who are...

in XboX Insiders
    Can someone acknowledge that this isn’t a hardware problem/ there are 5+ people who are...: [IMG] submitted by /u/ToxicComics [link] [comments]
  4. 'Hardware Problem' message when I try to connect to wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    'Hardware Problem' message when I try to connect to wifi: Last week in the midst of playing a game on my Xbox One, I got kicked off my WiFi and since then I haven't been able to get back on it. When I try try to run a test connection it tells me it's not...
  5. Xbox wireless hardware problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless hardware problem: my Xbox One controller will not connect. In addition it says there may be a problem with the console's wireless Hardware and to try restarting it which does not do anything. My Wi-Fi does not show...
  6. Xbox One X Hardware/Power Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Hardware/Power Problem: I’m having a problem with my Xbox One X console. When I try to load any game it works normally for 10 minutes then my whole xbox crashes and powers off. I’ve tried hard restarting, removing my...
  7. Quantum Break is Broken, Textures are ugly, Bug or Hardware problem?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Quantum Break is Broken, Textures are ugly, Bug or Hardware problem?: Just got Quantum Break for my Xbox one S. Installed it with the latest update. Cutscenes are working fine but when I’m playing the game, almost all textures have squares in it or there are no...
  8. Potential Hardware Problem?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Potential Hardware Problem?: For the past week and a half I've been going back and forth with Ubisoft technical support over a graphical tearing glitch that was going on in The Division 2. After a bunch of discussions,...
  9. Sagem Fast 2864: maskinvaruproblem [Translation-Hardware problems]

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Sagem Fast 2864: maskinvaruproblem [Translation-Hardware problems]: Sagem Fast 2864: maskinvaruproblem [Translation-Hardware problems] Hey there Hanna! Sorry to for the confusion! If you're getting an error stating that you have a "Hardware Problem", then it...
  10. Hardware problem

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Hardware problem: Hardware problem Are you the one "in charge" of the WiFi? I ask because devices can be "kicked off" or blocked from the wifi by the person who administers or controls it. The block can be done by...