Has a video game ever caused you to feel motion sickness?

Discus and support Has a video game ever caused you to feel motion sickness? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I get motion sickness with some vr games. But my father had to stop playing games when I was around 10 or 11 cause they all started making motion... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Alanisreno, May 21, 2019.

1. Alanisreno
    Alanisreno Guest

I get motion sickness with some vr games. But my father had to stop playing games when I was around 10 or 11 cause they all started making motion sickness and he is the reason I even got into gaming

:)

Alanisreno, May 21, 2019
  2. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Hello !!

I have to say im surprised a game like Refunct is making you feel nauseous,

you should consider playing in a well lit room, if you play with lights off try calibrating your screen brightness. Avoid playing non stop for extended periods of time, always take a break every hour or so.

Most people that experience motion sickness also tend to play too close to their monitor.

hope this helps, stay safe.

If it persists it couldnt hurt seeing a doctor

:)
    Yes Refunct seems to have had this effect on quite a few people, I guess due to the first person view and the running and jumping. Especially all of the quick movements and turning around when going for the speedrun achievement. As for the other tips, yes
    I do those things too, thanks. I play in the daytime or if not, my lamps are on. Yes I take lots of breaks, constantly lol. I'm always getting up to do other things or make a coffee or whatever it may be while gaming. I can't play for hours straight, I never
    do that. And yes I do sit back from the TV. If I sit too close, it strains my eyes, so I prefer to sit at the back of the room. Thank you for the tips. :)
  3. Whitey Black Win User

All game whit auto camera control and a lot of speed like sonic cause that
  4. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

I never tried it while gaming, but I can tell in real life the motion sickness band can help. I use it for sea sickness (my mom also when flying) and it improves the experience a lot if placed correctly. It also just puts some pressure on your wrist
    so it is not a medication, no pills or whatever, which is a plus for me.

I never thought about using it while gaming but I may give a it try too since my sea sickness problems does not let me enjoy games where sailing is a big part like Sea of Thieves. I don't get "sick" gaming but I don't feel confortable either
    so I usually avoid those kind of games at all lately.
    Since I never get motion sick in real life, I never thought of trying it before either. But now I've got the game "Ascendance - First Horizon" in my backlog and it's exactly like Refunct, which made me really sick. I nearly couldn't finish Refunct because
    of it, so now that I've realized that Ascendance is just the same, I'm hesitant to play it lol. I might get one of those wrist bands before I give it a try.
  5. KJCAPTAIN420 Win User

Only time I had those kind of feelings was playing airplane/flying games.... But went away after getting use to game....
  6. HyperVenom523 Win User

No never not even vr games
Thema:

1. Has a video game ever caused you to feel motion sickness? - Similar Threads - Has video game

2. This has gotta be the funniest video on the frustration of the Xbox game bar

in XboX Insiders
    This has gotta be the funniest video on the frustration of the Xbox game bar: [IMG] submitted by /u/ItsPharaohJoe [link] [comments]
  3. Microsoft Solitaire has been clicked and dragged into the World Video Game Hall of Fame!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Solitaire has been clicked and dragged into the World Video Game Hall of Fame!: Congratulations to Microsoft Solitaire for being inducted in to the Video Game Hall of Fame! [img] 27076820-185f-4e03-87c7-00ed39420156
  4. my xbox has no output video

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox has no output video: A couple of days ago I asked to validate the warranty of my xbox one but when I want to print the label I can not because the option is not active 54b3b5d1-3350-47f8-b88d-d58886add48d
  5. Which Xbox video game do you think has the best story? What about the story do you think made ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Which Xbox video game do you think has the best story? What about the story do you think made ...: Dying light, You get attached to a couple characters in the game. Soma, The story is awesome if you are into sci-fi, the game uses stealth & puzzles to tell Simon's unsettling story. Bioshock,...
  6. What happens with a 4k blu ray disc if it has a Dolby Video encoding, how will it play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What happens with a 4k blu ray disc if it has a Dolby Video encoding, how will it play?: I have an Xbox One S and a 4k TV (Vizio P). I regularly use the One S to play 4k UHD blu ray discs and it's great. However, I've noticed some discs are now coming with Dolby Vision encoded discs...
  7. Xbox Streaming app has audio, but it doesn't have a video.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Streaming app has audio, but it doesn't have a video.: The title pretty much says it all. Here's what it looks like. [img] I can hear the game and home audio. But, there's no video. Please help. :( 5e9c82af-1435-412d-ba4e-15a8aced1804
  8. Amazon Video Xbox one has a black screen but still has sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Amazon Video Xbox one has a black screen but still has sound: As soon as I play a video on the Amazon Video app, my monitor screen displays black but there is still sound coming from the video, this never happened previously but only now that amazon have...
  9. [Removed] has created 30+ accounts to spam report my videos because i banned him from my ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Removed] has created 30+ accounts to spam report my videos because i banned him from my ...: I have been with xbox for 15 years with no enforcement issues. I had to ban GT: [Mod Removed] twice from my club because he would spam me and the club. He has now created 30+ accounts and spams my...
  10. Here is a Hacker kid that has a message for xbox and microsoft. See video for tag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Here is a Hacker kid that has a message for xbox and microsoft. See video for tag: I was playing Ghost with friends when a child like sounding person gets on and starts talking trash saying he is going to turn on his hacks. I told him that I was recording and will post the video...