Has any hooked up the Xbox One using AVR-> Xbox-> TV and got it to work?

Discus and support Has any hooked up the Xbox One using AVR-> Xbox-> TV and got it to work? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Has anyone been able to successfully connect their Xbox One using the AVR -> Xbox One-> TV setup? I am unable to get my audio from the HDMI devices... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by KoreyJones, Aug 5, 2014.

1. KoreyJones
    KoreyJones Guest

Has anyone been able to successfully connect their Xbox One using the AVR -> Xbox One-> TV setup? I am unable to get my audio from the HDMI devices hooked into the AVR to play through the speakers at the same time as Xbox One audio. I tried using an optical
    cable from both the Xbox and TV to the AVR, but audio from my other HDMI devices still won't play.

:)

KoreyJones, Aug 5, 2014
  2. All Xbox one problems here

How do you have it hooked up? I have my hooked up as the following

TV/Satellite Receiver HDMI Out > Xbox One Satellite In

Xbox One HDMI Out > Receiver HDMI Port

Receiver Out > TV

Does your receiver support HDMI sound, not just video?

Archaic-F0FC12B2-51A1-4001-8228-5764BADE3452, Aug 5, 2014
  3. mutelight
    mutelight Guest
    How do you have your Xbox One setup right now with your TV?

DirecTV --> Google TV --> Xbox One --> AVR , then one HDMI out is running to the TV and the other runs to the back of the room for the projector.

mutelight, Aug 5, 2014
  4. LyricStudent140 Win User

Xbox One Not Working Through AVR

Thanks for the input. As far as the Xbox settings go, I don't even know what to do here or where to go. I am not a technical genius, but I can fight through it and get it working if there is a way to do it. In simple terms, I just want to run my Xbox
    thru the AVR and then to the TV, as my AVR has 4 HDMI ports and the TV has only two. One of my HDMI ports on the TV is hooked to my ATT Uverse box, and I do not want to run the Uverse thru the Xbox. I want the other TV HDMI port to be hooked to my AVR; the
    AVR would be used to manage up to 4 other HDMI connections. I think the Xbox should work thru my AVR; I just don't know what/where to go for settings. Thanks for any help!
  5. FTM99 Win User

What Are You Patching Through Your X1?

Everything ...

Going to have my AVR out go to the in of the one and then out to the TV ..AVR has ,a 3D blu-ray,DTV,and 360 hooked in ..
  6. SierraMan49 Win User

xBox One TV Set-Up Communication Issues with Dish Network Network Box VIP612DVR

Has anyone gotten their dish network joey and the xbox one to work hooked up to an avr system? I keep losing my dish signal and cannot get TV after a while. It's driving me nuts. I'm using HDMI cables from the Joey into the IN HDMI port on the Xbox One;
    Out from the Xbox One with HDMI to an Input marked Cable/Sat TV on my AVR. The whole system works for a while, but sooner or later, the Dish signal seems to get lost in the shuffle. It would seem the instructions that came with the Xbox are a little sparse
    where home entertainment systems are concerned. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
  7. KILL2MORE Win User

Maybe someone can help me? a/v issues not resolved via online support

Why even fiddle with doing the cable pass through? Hook the Xbox straight to the avr and cable separate straight to ur avr and one out to ur TV from ur avr. If everything is high end one should not want nothing in between messing or degrading ur audio/video.

I'd run components straight to the TV but obviously one must hit the avr first for sound.

Anyways sound like a handshake prob with the HDMI where the TV/avr must be on first.
  8. irz813 Win User

How to get sound through HDMI?

I'm having the same problem with my 360 E 4 gig. I had it hooked up to my Onkyo AVR and played fine for the last couple weeks PRIOR to hooking it up to the internet. As soon as i updated the xbox i lost sound through the HDMI. Tested cable straight to another
    TV and its not the problem. Looks like maybe a handshake issue between the AVR and XBOX
Thema:

1. Has any hooked up the Xbox One using AVR-> Xbox-> TV and got it to work? - Similar Threads - Has hooked using

2. 2nd time in a week an xbox update has kicked me from my game

in XboX Insiders
    2nd time in a week an xbox update has kicked me from my game: If this is normal I'm just going to have to opt out of testing, playing a ranked poker tournament and all of a sudden taken offline to apply a bloody update!! That is soooooo frustrating! I have...
  3. Omega ring has been enabled, but app say NO!!!

in XboX Insiders
    Omega ring has been enabled, but app say NO!!!: [IMG] submitted by /u/Revenator1987 [link] [comments]
  4. Has anyone tried the new LG 27gl850 with 1440p @ 120hz

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone tried the new LG 27gl850 with 1440p @ 120hz: Just curious if anyone has gotten the new LG monitor working with the Xbox 1440p 120hz update? submitted by /u/HeisenbergFX4 [link] [comments]
  5. The Outerworlds has two instances running and using high GPU and memory

in XBoX on Windows
    The Outerworlds has two instances running and using high GPU and memory: This is outerworlds bought with the xbox game pass (beta) for PC through the microsoft store. In task manager it says the outerworlds has 2 instances running and one of them is not responding but...
  6. Has anyone had their account hacked. How do you prove it. Lots of money has gone out of my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Has anyone had their account hacked. How do you prove it. Lots of money has gone out of my...: How do i prove account has been hacked. Microsoft said that all purchases have gone to our xbox but we didnt make them. Can people hack through a computer. How can i prove it and get money...
  7. Pair "different controller" when game streaming, has anyone gotten this to work?

in XboX Insiders
    Pair "different controller" when game streaming, has anyone gotten this to work?: I'm currently trying to use my nintendo switch joycons as a controller with this setting, however it doesnt seem to be accepting this when i select them from bluetooth devices? Am i doing...
  8. Why the Xbox One X update today has HDR off when gaming???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why the Xbox One X update today has HDR off when gaming???: Theres no way I can play the games in hdr. I might have to try and end the Xbox Insider to try and get rid of the hdr not turning and i know its working 36e6ecc5-f42c-4e58-b568-b5a986a81576
  9. Any way to check if a pre-order has had payment taken from account balance or is due near...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Any way to check if a pre-order has had payment taken from account balance or is due near...: I usually have plenty of credit in my MS account for when I want to either pre-order games, or just buy them there and then. But after a misunderstanding the other day, I was informed by somebody...
  10. What is that one Xbox feature that has you hooked?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What is that one Xbox feature that has you hooked?: For me it's the Achievement system. I remember a time where I would play for an entire day and have nothing to show for it. At least now I can look back at achievements like memories and get...