Has there been any update on the audio delay issue that plagues dolby atmos in games?...

Discus and support Has there been any update on the audio delay issue that plagues dolby atmos in games?... in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Please don't bother replying if you're using headphones, as this issue should be irrelevant to you. The audio delay is introduced somewhere between... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/oviforconnsmythe, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Has there been any update on the audio delay issue that plagues dolby atmos in games?...

Please don't bother replying if you're using headphones, as this issue should be irrelevant to you.

The audio delay is introduced somewhere between the XSX, TV and receiver. It appears to be tied to arc/eArc. I don't have earc on my tv yet (but is available through a fw update*) so I'm using arc with the Xsx plugged into the tv (Sony x900h) and hdmi running between the arc ports on the tv and receiver (Yamaha rx-v585). On the Xbox, whenever it's set to bitstream Atmos, there is a massive audio delay. If I choose a different bitstreaming option or 5.1 uncompressed, there is no noticeable delay.

From what I've read, this issue occurs for a lot of people independent of their tv/receiver. So it suggests its an Xbox issue.

Any tips or insight on this? Has Microsoft confirmed to have a fix in the works?

Thanks

*I'm hesitant to update my tv to get eArc as the update introduces a number of other significant bugs I'd rather not deal with. The fact that blurays work (with lossless atmos) without delay suggests its not a bandwidth issue so I don't see why arc wouldn't work...

submitted by /u/oviforconnsmythe
    [link] [comments]

/u/oviforconnsmythe, Jan 2, 2021
  2. kev edin Win User

Dolby Atmos app on xbox not working....

I have same problem everything shows as dolby atmos. I just get on with it . I dont have audio delay though 🤔

There are issues with dolby atmos that has been on going for a while though. Still no fix 🤔👍
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Dolby Atmos for Headphones question

If the game does not support Dolby Atmos, then the audio is normal stereo. Microsoft are working on updating Dolby Atmos, where if the game does not support Dolby, the audio will be converted to simulate Dolby Atmos.
  4. SteeleWake Win User

Xbox Series X November Update broken sound.

Issue has been reported multiple times by many people as indicated in this and few other threads (reddit, xbox forums, etc). I myself have opened several tickets (currently have one ongoing now) on the issue and yet it still hasn't been resolved. I have also created help tickets with Dolby Access Support, and their responses continue to be that it is a Microsoft issue in how it is outputting Dolby Atmos. Summary of my issues is below:

- Bitstream audio out no longer an option in the HDMI output settings. In the November 2021 update on the Xbox Series X, the audio settings page was changed and unfortunately the option to output bitstream audio was removed. Despite the many issues this has caused, Microsoft still has not fixed the issue. Please bring back the bitstream/lossless output formats instead of forcing PCM only.

- Despite Dolby Atmos being selected as shown in the picture, the Xbox is outputting PCM 'multichannel audio' instead of Atmos (receiver display shown in lower portion of picture). This appears to be causing delays/hiccups in the HDMI handshake process as whatever PCM signal is being sent is not fully correct and the receiver bounces between seeing multichannel audio and dolby atmos until finally settling on multichannel audio. To my earlier comment, being able to pass true bitstream dolby atmos audio to the receiver should eliminate this issue.

- I have the Xbox Series X running to the AVR and then to the TV in order to have access to all the audio formats. When I tried to run the Xbox directly to the TV and then audio over eArc to the receiver, the Xbox will only output PCM Stereo, Dolby Digital or Dolby Atmos. I have tested the TV/receiver and they are able to pass other formats (such as DTS:X) over eArc so it is an Xbox issue of not allowing all the formats to be output (possibly related to bistream vs PCM also?).
  5. sidarora1 Win User

Xbox One X no Dolby Atmos using Samsung HW-N950 & Samsung QE65Q9FN 4KTV

I have the same problem with My xbox one x and 950 soundbar. I get audio delay once I enable Dolby atmos via the audio settings on my hdmi, but the soundbar works great with all other devices, cable TV, apple TV 4k. I've literally tried everything and
    I'm thinking is has something to do with the Dolby atmos application. I've used optical and other sources and they sound good, obviously not Dolby atmos but they work. I don't think it's my TV or soundbar. I've also replaced the xbox one x to a new xbox one
    x and same issue. It has to be a bug in the atmos connection from the speakers to the xbox. It's super frustrating. Not sure what else to do until I new update comes out.
  6. nebeloc Win User

Another XSX Dolby Atmos sound delay post. . .

Thanks for your reply, but that has obviously not resolved the issue.

I've done a few tests regarding the apps.

When the CX has eARC on and Digital Sound out set to passthrough and Allow Passthrough setting is ticked on the XSX, the sound bar is not recognised as an atmos capable device, but Netflix, Disney+, blu-ray player and the Dolby Access app all send atmos signal to the soundbar with no noticeable delay. No atmos sound in the XSX menu or in games is able to be played only the other sound format (not DTS-X though).

When the CX has eARC turned off and digital sound out set to passthrough the XSX recognises the soundbar as a Dolby Atmos capable device. The soundbar then receives atmos audio, however delays are now introduced in everthing mentioned above apart from the Dolby Atmos app. The sound delay in this situation, seems not as bad as when the the CX has digital sound out set to auto.

When the CX has eARC turned on and digital sound out set to auto the XSX recognises the soundbar as a Dolby Atmos capable device, however everything has a delay introduced. Strangely Netflix and the bluray app seemed the least affected, but the Dolby Access app and Disney+ it was quite noticeable and in games it was worst.
Thema:

Has there been any update on the audio delay issue that plagues dolby atmos in games?...

1. Has there been any update on the audio delay issue that plagues dolby atmos in games?... - Similar Threads - Has been update

2. My Xbox one s has been trying to update all day and keeps shutting off instead of restarting

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox one s has been trying to update all day and keeps shutting off instead of restarting: So I've been trying all day to update my Xbox but it simply won't it gets to about 57% and just shuts off I can't even leave the program now bc it just keeps popping up telling me to update why...
  3. Please help!! My console has been bugging out for the past two days, is there a ui update...

in XboX Insiders
    Please help!! My console has been bugging out for the past two days, is there a ui update...: When i press the xbox button on my controller the quick menu doesn't pop up instead the screen grays out (the way it should with the quick menu pop up, but again lacking the actual menu itself)...
  4. XBOX app已经加入insider并更新到最新版,仍然无法指定安装位置 (XBOX app has been added to insider and updated to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX app已经加入insider并更新到最新版,仍然无法指定安装位置 (XBOX app has been added to insider and updated to...: PC版的XBOX app 已经更新到最新版 指定了新的安装位置 但是仍然安装在旧位置且为xci文件不可管理的状态 微软商店和XBOXapp均已重置并更新到最新版 下载游戏时有在弹出面板指定新安装位置, 效 The XBOX app for PC has been updated to the latest version and a new installation location...
  5. My Xbox system update has been stuck for awhile now. Like, months.

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox system update has been stuck for awhile now. Like, months.: I have not played my Xbox in awhile due to a broken controller and have been attempting to update it, but the percentage remains at 2% and 749 MegaBytes (it has been 9 hours). submitted by...
  6. An update has been released and wouldn’t install.

in XboX Insiders
    An update has been released and wouldn’t install.: Today I tried to install a update, and it has been sending me to the wrong target is to check the update for installing. This has caused my Xbox one to not install the update and keep trying....
  7. In app alert when the card will expire don't disappear after the card has been updated

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In app alert when the card will expire don't disappear after the card has been updated: The xbox app on pc keeps showing me an alert about my card being expired even if i already changed it in my subscription and a new payment have been processed. The alert won't disappear no matter...
  8. The Microsoft Edge controller input issue has been fixed with the latest update.

in XboX Insiders
    The Microsoft Edge controller input issue has been fixed with the latest update.: I tested it with the latest update and it works great.For some reason you can’t sign into the browser with you microsoft account though. submitted by /u/Old-Inside5276 [link] [comments]
  9. [UPDATE] System update failed. Offline download failed. Microsoft has been no help with...

in XboX Insiders
    [UPDATE] System update failed. Offline download failed. Microsoft has been no help with...: I was with another Microsoft answer tech for 4 hours last night and he concluded saying that I would receive an email with the solution or resolution to their investigation in a few hours. It’s...
  10. System update failed. Offline download failed. Microsoft has been no help with...

in XboX Insiders
    System update failed. Offline download failed. Microsoft has been no help with...: I JUST NEED HELP. Last at 10:30pm I turned on my Xbox and was presented with a system update. After performing the update it crashes and I was given the error codes startup System update error...