: Hauppauge TV tuner compatibility

Discus and support : Hauppauge TV tuner compatibility in XBoX TV Hardware to solve the problem; : Hauppauge TV tuner compatibility Hello all - I bought a Hauppauge digital TV tuner for my Xbox One X and am just now trying to set it up.... Discussion in 'XBoX TV Hardware' started by Joacchim, May 26, 2020.

1. Joacchim
    Joacchim Guest

Hello all - I bought a Hauppauge digital TV tuner for my Xbox One X and am just now trying to set it up. Unfortunately, it powers up (blue & green LEDs come on) for about 10 seconds, my Xbox sees it and I begin the setup process, but then it goes off (lights
    out) without completing setup. This behavior repeats every time I plug in the supplied USB cable.

I called Hauppauge tech support and they said this has been a known issue with Xbox for years. He suggested trying the tuner on my PC - it worked there. He also said try unplugging any other USB devices from my Xbox (I had a solid state drive plugged in)
    and try the tuner again, but that didn't work - same behavior.

His last suggestion and the only one he says has been proven to work, was to swap out the tuner stick for another one. Before I try that, (and it seems like a dubious solution at best), does anyone have any other suggestions? At this point it does seem
    to be an Xbox problem since the tuner stick works with my PC.

Thanks in advance!

PS I'm posting this in the DirectTV subcategory because I'm hoping it will get the most views there. There is no Hauppauge subcategory under the "TV Hardware" category, which seems the right place to post this.

:)

Joacchim, May 26, 2020
  2. MoeJennings Win User

Stuttering video using Hauppauge TV tuner on XBOX Once

It worked fine before the NXOE AND it works perfectly fine on my PC.

The Hauppauge tuner is compatible with the PC. If you plug it into your PC there is no stuttering.

Since it worked perfectly before the NXOE and perfectly on the PC, it is NOT the Hauppauge tuner.

They changed something with the NXOE. That is all. The tuner is NOT a POS.
  3. paganetor76 Win User

Hi! Is it this version of the tuner? https://www.hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_xboxtv.html

is it updated with the last firmware (you can check from your PC)?

Have you tried with another cable or another usb port of your console?

Hope it helps! :)
  4. Frathos Win User

Xbox One X - PVR (UK Freeview)?

I can't answer the UK Freeview bit, here is what I know about the Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner for Xbox:

• It can be used to view compatible OTA TV stations,
    • The OneGuide app can be used to view the Digital TV Tuner stations,
    • IIRC there is a pause live TV function however it may be restricted to a maximum of 30 minutes,
    • Microsoft was working on an update to enable longer PVR functionality but that was put on hold some months ago, I don't know if they plan to restart that.

That last point disappointed me when it was announced as I specifically bought the Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner for Xbox when I read that they were working on the PVR feature.

The pause live TV function is nice though if you just need a short bathroom break.
  5. PSZPaul100 Win User

TV turner to all Xbox One owners

6. sirgrant618 Win User

Stuttering video using Hauppauge TV tuner on XBOX Once

It's not just the Hauppauge TV tuner. Live TV piped in through the HDMI input is stuttery too. A hard restart fixes it. Super annoying though.
Thema:

1. : Hauppauge TV tuner compatibility - Similar Threads - Hauppauge tuner compatibility

2. Xbox One S Compatibility with Hauppauge TV Tuner for Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One S Compatibility with Hauppauge TV Tuner for Xbox One: My new One S arrived and I'm trying unsuccessfully to get my TV Tuner for Xbox One working. So far the One S is not recognizing it when inserted into the USB port. The device is working fine on my...
  3. Problems with Hauppauge TV tuner (US): No Channels & TV not detecting HDMI connection, ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with Hauppauge TV tuner (US): No Channels & TV not detecting HDMI connection, ...: I have a Day One XB1 and have been using the TV pass though feature (DirecTV via HDMI) pretty much trouble free since release. I recently kicked DirecTV to the curb and purchased the Hauppauge TV...
  4. Stuttering video using Hauppauge TV tuner on XBOX Once

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stuttering video using Hauppauge TV tuner on XBOX Once: I'm using a Hauppauge TV tuner for XBOX One. I have four TV's in the house, all of which get great reception (except for the XBOX). The stations I'm having issues with are 15, 17 and 35. All of...
  5. TV Tuner for Xbox One - European Model Vs US/CA Model from Hauppauge

in XBoX Games and Apps
    TV Tuner for Xbox One - European Model Vs US/CA Model from Hauppauge: Hi All, My first post here! I am not part of the selected participants of beta upgrades of Xbox One but as an enthusiast with the development of the new technologies by Microsoft and...
  6. Hauppauge TV Tuner for Xbox One not displaying properly - edges cutoff

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hauppauge TV Tuner for Xbox One not displaying properly - edges cutoff: I recently bought and installed the Hauppauge TV Tuner for Xbox One. It found channels and works great, except the screen gets cutoff around all the edges, for example if you are watching sports...
  7. Hauppauge Tuner for XBox One not recognized

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hauppauge Tuner for XBox One not recognized: I purchased the Hauppauge TV Tuner for Xbox One. When plugged in the two lights come on for about ten seconds then go out. The Xbox never recognizes it's presence. According to Hauppauge the...
  8. Hauppauge tv tuner does not stay powered on thru usb port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hauppauge tv tuner does not stay powered on thru usb port: tuner powers on when first plugged in but within 10 to 15 seconds it powers down. tuner works fine on pc, tried all usb ports on xbox one and restarted xbox one. Any ideas?...
  9. Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner for Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner for Xbox One: Hey guys, I got the Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner for Xbox One, and I can't find channels when connecting it to the xbox. When I connect it to my computer, I am able to say my TV provider is...
  10. Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner for USA

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hauppauge Digital TV Tuner for USA: Has anybody purchased this and tried it out? My wife and I are cord cutters and had the Homeworx running with the Xbox One but we went through 2 of them (both died) not giving them the 3 strikes...