Have any of the insider updates fixed issues with crashes/shutdowns for any of you?

Discus and support Have any of the insider updates fixed issues with crashes/shutdowns for any of you? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm in a bit of a weird situation. My console was fine when it arrived, but had a few crashes over the first couple of days, which then ramped up to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/PicklesTheBee, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Have any of the insider updates fixed issues with crashes/shutdowns for any of you?

I'm in a bit of a weird situation. My console was fine when it arrived, but had a few crashes over the first couple of days, which then ramped up to crashes every single time I booted up a game, or in the case of AC Valhalla, it'd fully shut down the console.

I moved from standard to insider Delta updates as I saw they were working on patches to fix this stuff, but none of them seemed to do much. I downloaded the last Delta patch last night (UK time) and gave Overwatch a go this morning as that's a game that's been reliably crashing. It crashed again so I assumed the fix hadn't worked again.

I spoke to MS support this afternoon, explained what was going on and they arranged an Advanced Exchange with me, so a new console is now on the way.

However, I jumped on my Xbox this evening to test it again, and there were no crashes. It let me play Overwatch, Valhalla, Rocket League and Warzone with no issues whatsoever. It essentially seems fixed, even though it was sat all day, unused and turned off. Nothing changed between this morning and this evening as far as I can tell. I took myself off the preview program and back onto standard firmware, and still everything was fine. I can't for the life of me work out what's different.

So while it's good my console now lets me play games, I've got a new one on the way from MS. What do you think the best course of action is? I was thinking that if my current console is still fine when the replacement comes then it's probably wise to ring the support team, explain what's going on and ask if they'd rather I keep my old console or send it back for them to test. I'd want to let them know it's working again though as presumably they're expecting a faulty console back, so they might be a bit confused why I've sent something back that's working!

Do you think I'm best off just explaining the situation to them when the new one arrives? They've put a charge on my card for this so I don't want to do anything that'll jeopardise me getting my money back

submitted by /u/PicklesTheBee
    [link] [comments]

/u/PicklesTheBee, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Sliver1979 Win User

Xbox Fitness issues

I'm glad they're working on fixing the stamp card issue but there must have been an issue with the latest update. I've never had any issues with the Fitness App crashing until immediately after downloading the update. Now the app is unplayable. Please
    fix!
  3. yakozaki Win User

I can’t capture anything.

As already known capture have all kinds of problems after last update (15.5),
    but the main issue is that 4K Capture not working at all any more.

Insider update already fixed that Issue in their last update (10.0.19041.2946) but this is available only for insiders Delta and Beta Rings users.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/gr2rqg/xbox_one_x_4k_capture_problem_22sec_23sec_fixed/

Please Give as regular update with fix for that issue.

Thank you
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

What bugs are you experiencing lately on Xbox ?

If you are in any of the insider rings, then report any bugs you come across the usual way. With the Xbox Insider Hub installed, press & hold the Xbox button on the controller until the shutdown options pop up, then select report a problem, and continue
    from there. Also you can post any issues you have in the insider forums here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/

You can also do that with the hub even if you are not an insider too.
  5. HisSvt2 Win User

Xbox one smart glass connection issue

A full shutdown and restart of the Xbox one fixed that for me. In fact all the issues I was having any away once I turned the quick startup off
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

I had the error E105.

If you get the error again, and you can fix the issue, you should report the issue via the xbox insider app (you do not have to be an insider to use it), install the app, then press & hold the xbox button on the controller until the shutdown menu appears,
    just select report a problem, and follow the instructions, and the team will get the report of your issue, and hopefully be able to fix it so it doesn't happen again.
Thema:

Have any of the insider updates fixed issues with crashes/shutdowns for any of you?

1. Have any of the insider updates fixed issues with crashes/shutdowns for any of you? - Similar Threads - insider updates fixed

2. Insider program / Auto Updates ?

in XboX Insiders
    Insider program / Auto Updates ?: Hi All, New to Insider program, a little help please. I joined primarily only to report the 'Controller de-sync problem' via the app, but am worried that by joining the program Microsoft may...
  3. My X1X is now a $500 paperweight due to a buggy update, the Insider program, and (possibly)...

in XboX Insiders
    My X1X is now a $500 paperweight due to a buggy update, the Insider program, and (possibly)...: I am extremely frustrated due to my experience with X1X and Insider. My Xbox is in Insider due to an early build of Halo MCC or maybe Minecraft RTX I tried a few years ago and I haven't thought...
  4. Insider updates every time I switch on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Insider updates every time I switch on: I joined xbox insiders about a week ago, and every time I turn the xbox on (every day mostly), and sometimes when I leave it on overnight, I'm greeted with an update screen. Is this normal? If its...
  5. OSU1 Needed to update insider software

in XboX Insiders
    OSU1 Needed to update insider software: My One X is stuck on a boot loop and because I'm in the insider program I have a beta release that is newer than the current OSU1. When will the next OSU1 be available so I can fix my Xbox?...
  6. I need help about an update on the insider programme please help me plz

in XboX Insiders
    I need help about an update on the insider programme please help me plz: I have a problem with an update can any mod send out a repair patch submitted by /u/Popcallum [link] [comments]
  7. Stopped insider update previews on my Xbox One S - AND IT JUST FACTORY RESET!

in XboX Insiders
    Stopped insider update previews on my Xbox One S - AND IT JUST FACTORY RESET!: I was getting tired of having a new update every other day - so I unenrolled for insider updates through the hub application. A few minutes later, my console gave the update prompt, which I went...
  8. I wanted to leave the xbox insider, but my xbox does not update

in XboX Insiders
    I wanted to leave the xbox insider, but my xbox does not update: My xbox does not update, so I have no way out of the xbox insider, could someone help me? submitted by /u/PedroBzr [link] [comments]
  9. How to Fix a xbox one in a update loop due to being a xbox insider

in XboX Insiders
    How to Fix a xbox one in a update loop due to being a xbox insider: So im assuming that my HDD was messed up somehow witch cuased this problem to where i cant update or even use my xbox, I have done everything to try to fix it from simple troubleshooting to...
  10. New insider update hasn't fixed main problem for me

in XBoX on Consoles
    New insider update hasn't fixed main problem for me: So the new update was downloaded on my console and I hoped it would fix the problem that has affected me for almost a month which is not being able to send messages. The update claims to of fixed...