Have been given new gamertag while trying to log in, how to get my account back?!

Discus and support Have been given new gamertag while trying to log in, how to get my account back?! in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I don't know what I've done. My daughter has had xbox one for a year now so has a profile, I have logged in on the pc and it has given her a new... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by metalkibbles, Mar 23, 2020.

1. metalkibbles
    metalkibbles Guest

Have been given new gamertag while trying to log in, how to get my account back?!

I don't know what I've done. My daughter has had xbox one for a year now so has a profile, I have logged in on the pc and it has given her a new profile and user name, how do I get rid of this and get her original one back as this has no connected games
    or does it not matter? We were trying to see if she could play her Minecraft on pc from xbox purchase. We have been on the pc before and it showed her correct name on xbox profile and games she has. I haven't a clue! It's the same Microsoft account as before!
    I can't sign in with her old one, it automatically comes up with this new one when I log in with Microsoft?

:)

metalkibbles, Mar 23, 2020
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello Caa206,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. Are you the original poster? There is a way to

close a Microsoft account
    from the Microsoft account website. The article we provided explains more about how to complete this process. The account will not be permanently closed until 60 days after you initiate the process. You just need to make sure that
    the account does not get logged into during that time. We hope this information helps
    Caa206!
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

I have managed to find her using my e-mail but it is linked to her e-mail when she's on the xbox. So I don't understand how that's happened but I do have it now. Is there a way to delete the new one that has been created? I could only find delete
    all the Microsoft account when I looked around.
    You can remove a profile from the console if you have previously signed it with it before, but there's no way to permanently delete it though.
  4. Caa206 Win User

I have managed to find her using my e-mail but it is linked to her e-mail when she's on the xbox. So I don't understand how that's happened but I do have it now. Is there a way to delete the new one that has been created? I could only find delete all the
    Microsoft account when I looked around.
  5. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello metalkibbles,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are interested in recovering your daughter's account. The email address that you are entering for her account is not the correct email address. Every Microsoft account can have it's own
    Xbox profile with it's own licenses for games and content. If the one that you are entering does not have the expected gamertag or games, you may want to try logging in different email address. If you need some help with

recovering a Microsoft account
    , we have a support article that can help you out. Be sure to let us know the results metalkibbles!
  6. PlushRelic54582 Win User

I would try clicking forgot email and see if that helps

Hope this helps

Enjoy your day

@plushrelic
Thema:

1. Have been given new gamertag while trying to log in, how to get my account back?! - Similar Threads - been given gamertag

2. Have not been given my Discord/Spotify codes for Xbox Gamepass Ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Have not been given my Discord/Spotify codes for Xbox Gamepass Ultimate: its been over a week and i still havent received the codes. i've talked to someone on live chat twice and i've filled in a code redeem request which is denied even though i gave evidence of...
  3. I've been given a negative randomly generated name.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I've been given a negative randomly generated name.: This is what happened "This account received a Gamertag change due to inappropriate Gamertag content. The Gamertag, [Mod Removed - Personal Information] contained sexually inappropriate actions....
  4. I have been charged full price for a month of xbox live gold but have not been given access...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been charged full price for a month of xbox live gold but have not been given access...: Prior to that I had no money on my credit card for the payment, so there are two orders in my order history now one is "failed" for and is displayed as gold access payment, the latest one, where...
  5. Not being able to log back into my xbox app and been given another account on my email.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Not being able to log back into my xbox app and been given another account on my email.: So I have been trying to log back into my xbox account for a while now on the xbox app, however I am unable to do so as xbox has gave me a brand new account istead. I have not asked for a new one....
  6. 15,250 points still not been given

in XBoX Rewards
    15,250 points still not been given: I have got 15,250 points that have not been deposited to my account, 15,000 is from the vault which I claimed on 5th of May and 250 is for May survey which I did on on the 2nd of May which is way...
  7. Why hasn’t my account been given back?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why hasn’t my account been given back?: [img] Can someone please tell my why i still don’t have my account that i haven’t had for 11 months almost a year in a couple days? 60be2947-8249-4b23-ae5e-d86f1235d821
  8. I have not been given my pont mix of E3

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have not been given my pont mix of E3: it's been a week since I saw the E3 and my classic helmet packs have not arrived 7b69fe97-61f9-4014-92b5-baa67fe16b5e
  9. Not been given my gift card

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Not been given my gift card: I was watching mixer hypezone and it said if i brought 1000 vbucks i would get a £4 gift card and it has been a couple of weeks and i still havent had the gift card through....
  10. Xbox game pass goals rewards not been given

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox game pass goals rewards not been given: Hell this is about game pass goals, For December I did I think 15 days or more but still haven’t received my rewards . But my membership has expired will I still receive my rewards? I would expect...