Have (converted) funds in my Microsoft Account, but can't buy DLC for a 360 game

Discus and support Have (converted) funds in my Microsoft Account, but can't buy DLC for a 360 game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have $20.50 USD that's going to expire on June 1st, but when I try to use some of it the Xbox Live store says I don't have valid payment options.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Papageno1961, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Papageno1961
    Papageno1961 Guest

Have (converted) funds in my Microsoft Account, but can't buy DLC for a 360 game

I have $20.50 USD that's going to expire on June 1st, but when I try to use some of it the Xbox Live store says I don't have valid payment options. Huh? The whole point of buying MS Points back when I bought them was so I could spend them buying Rock Band
    songs and other DLC.

The support guy I talked to said that it's a temporary problem, but we'll see.

The DLC I wanted to buy BTW was Big Surf Island for Burnout Paradise. Let's hope that they get this cleared up. All my billing info is good.

:)

Papageno1961, Feb 23, 2015
  2. XBL Gold Family pack issues - how to grant allowance ?

I feel your pain as my family account has not converted either. The only option that you should have right now is to buy a Microsoft point card and use it on the account that needs funds. Points cards are still usable and are just converted to currency once
    used.

Da Wife Said No, Feb 23, 2015
  3. GunStar Foxy
    GunStar Foxy Guest
    Unable to use Microsoft Account funds for purchases...

I've tried to use my Microsoft Account funds to buy games/DLC and the like but i keep getting an error code. I can use my Credit Card for purchases just fine... also i've been informed if i don't use my account funds soon, they will expire. How can i remedy
    this?

GunStar Foxy, Feb 23, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately, as this does seem to be a billing issue you'll need to continue dealing with phone support to resolve it. Good luck and I hope you get the DLC quickly.

onyxishere, Feb 23, 2015
  5. Papageno1961
    Papageno1961 Guest
    Support on Twitter eventually told me that I couldn't use the funds on xbox.com, that I had to buy from the console itself. Seems silly but I'll try it today and report back.

Papageno1961, Feb 24, 2015
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Ah yes. I presumed you were using the console and support on Twitter is correct. However, if I remember correctly you can use currency from the website if you are using Windows 8.1 or better.

onyxishere, Nov 1, 2018
  7. onyxishere Win User

Ah yes. I presumed you were using the console and support on Twitter is correct. However, if I remember correctly you can use currency from the website if you are using Windows 8.1 or better.
  8. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately, as this does seem to be a billing issue you'll need to continue dealing with phone support to resolve it. Good luck and I hope you get the DLC quickly.
  9. Papageno1961 Win User

Support on Twitter eventually told me that I couldn't use the funds on xbox.com, that I had to buy from the console itself. Seems silly but I'll try it today and report back.
  10. Da Wife Said No Win User

XBL Gold Family pack issues - how to grant allowance ?

I feel your pain as my family account has not converted either. The only option that you should have right now is to buy a Microsoft point card and use it on the account that needs funds. Points cards are still usable and are just converted to currency once
    used.
  11. Gamingboy177 (Sam) Win User

Telling me to purchase other ways, but can't

Hey there Emily, you cannot buy Xbox 360 games with Microsoft Account funds on the Xbox One, you'll have to do it on the 360.
Thema:

1. Have (converted) funds in my Microsoft Account, but can't buy DLC for a 360 game - Similar Threads - converted funds Microsoft

2. Converting Gold to Ultimate Game Pass for a second time

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Converting Gold to Ultimate Game Pass for a second time: Hello , , , I've already taken advantage of this once. I converted a one year old membership to Ultimate Game Pass for $1. Would I be able to do this again? (for $15 even) Or will it not allow...
  3. Not being able to convert Xbox ultimate back to Xbox live gold

in XBoX on Consoles
    Not being able to convert Xbox ultimate back to Xbox live gold: I have recently bought 12 months of Xbox live gold on CD keys, when this was put on my Xbox it was converted to 4 months of Xbox Ultimate which I did not know would happen. They are now refusing...
  4. XBOX Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate convert problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate convert problem: Hello! Here is my problem: I am from Ukraine (there is no official Microsoft services, store, support, etc. for Microsoft Xbox products), and I bought 3 years of Xbox Live Gold keys, and...
  5. Converting gold to ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Converting gold to ultimate: So right now, i have a prepaid 12 month subscription for xbox live gold. If i want to upgrade it to ultimate, first it shows me that it costs only 1 euro, but when i click on it, it shows me the...
  6. My 6 Months Gold subscription didn't convert to my current Game Pass Subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    My 6 Months Gold subscription didn't convert to my current Game Pass Subscription: Hi, I recently decided, after reaching the end of my previous Ultimate Game Pass subscription, to settle for the Xbox only Game Pass, having no use of the PC part. As I had been offered a 6...
  7. Redeemed XBox Live Gold 12 months membership but converted to Ultimate 4 months without me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Redeemed XBox Live Gold 12 months membership but converted to Ultimate 4 months without me...: Last November, my Dad purchased a 12 month XBox Live Gold Membership for me as my subscription was due to expire. To my surprise, my subscription expired yesterday (after 4 months). It turns out...
  8. The need to convert sports games

in XboX Insiders
    The need to convert sports games: Idc if it's college hoops or the ea sports ncaa version but they need to convert this these for the Xbox series X and S since they don't make any more of this game just a suggestion you would sell...
  9. NTFS converted hard drive not showing up on xbox series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    NTFS converted hard drive not showing up on xbox series x: Hey all, I have just recently converted an old wd 500Gb hard drive that I had on my Xbox, to an NTFS so I could capture gameplay longer without a capture card, and so I did everything and ejected...
  10. Can i re-convert xbox game pass ultimate to xbox live gold?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can i re-convert xbox game pass ultimate to xbox live gold?: Can i re-convert my converted xbox game pass ultimate back to live gold?And if the answer is yes i want to know how? 3c6466b5-8c27-4ab7-b152-baf648659b05