Have I been sold a counterfeit game?

Discus and support Have I been sold a counterfeit game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; With both my boys packed off to University, the house was suddenly devoid of any gaming kit, so I picked up an Xbox One for peanuts for the occasional... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ZinnKarley, May 20, 2022.

1. ZinnKarley
    ZinnKarley Guest

With both my boys packed off to University, the house was suddenly devoid of any gaming kit, so I picked up an Xbox One for peanuts for the occasional blast of COD, FIFA etc. Needed a deep clean but works fine, playing a couple of downloaded games with no issues. However the copy of Destiny I bought on eBay will not load. Bluray & DVD movies play ok. The disc has no scratches or marks & seems to have all the relevant holograms etc. On closer inspection, though, the hologram of ‘XBOX ONE’ that’s repeated four times around the inner ring of the disc has an oddity - the letter ‘N’ in the word ‘ONE’ is back to front. Is this normal, or have I been sold a dud? Bit of a moot point, as I only paid a couple of quid, but I’m just curious why someone would go to all the trouble of printing discs with holograms with a deliberate typo!! Cheers

:)

ZinnKarley, May 20, 2022
  2. IsaacClarkeSNL Win User

Rockstar Threatens GTAV:O Cheaters With Penalties and Bans

No, I did. I just think it's funny that they're banning people who got 'counterfeit' money in GTAV O. It's like all the money in the game is counterfeit!
  3. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

my xbox 360 profile.

I'd venture a guess that you have a counterfeit HDD.
  4. VisageOfAnAngel Win User

Having done the update to play original xbox game but still not being able to do it

Buy an official Microsoft HDD and not a cheap counterfeit.
  5. juan van Win User

Counterfeit Controller

You should contact Ebay about the misrepresentation of the product on their site.

China has open stories, with the apple logo, that sell knock off Ipod and iphones.

But there is nothing they can do about it - this is probably a similar case.
  6. LadyCeres Win User

Counterfeit warrior

The book is one of the items in the chest in the Chamber of Fate (Guild Cave).

I did the following to get it:

1. Log on to lionhead.com with the Windows Live ID associated with your xbox live account.

2. Turn on your xbox 360 and log on to xbox live. ( I also started Fable II and went to the Guild Cave but that may not be necessary.)

3. I then went to
    lionhead.com/.../experience.aspx
    . The screen should say the items have been sent to your chest.

4. Logged off lionhead.com and saved the game that I was playing.

5. I did not play the game for 3 days, when I started it the next time I played, my dog barked in the chamber of fate and I was able to open the chest.

If you are not able to open the chest after 3 days, try to contact lionhead studios or xbox.com support. That may have been the difference this time I tried. I had sent an email to lionhead regarding the issue and they said to talk to xbox.com support.
    When I contacted xbox.com support, they said that they don't provide support for in-game play.
Thema:

1. Have I been sold a counterfeit game? - Similar Threads - been sold counterfeit

2. Microsoft Edge downloads have been gone for a while.

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Edge downloads have been gone for a while.: I know that a I'm not the only one who is annoyed by this and I'm sorry if it comes off as rude, but I think it was really stupid to remove the download feature when Microsoft Edge was updated. I...
  3. I've been banned from the Xbox ambassador program for seemingly no reason.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've been banned from the Xbox ambassador program for seemingly no reason.: I've been apart of the ambassador program for awhile now. And I checked on missions today and said that I was banned. I haven't been banned from any game or service. And haven't broken any rules....
  4. I have been device banned and there is nobody to call

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have been device banned and there is nobody to call: I have been banned for sexual and or nudity but I dont remember doing such thing but It might have been my younger brother and now I can't appeal (I have also been console/device banned so I cant...
  5. My Account Was Hacked, And I Haven't Been Able To Recover

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Account Was Hacked, And I Haven't Been Able To Recover: About a year ago, my Xbox account was hacked. I was unable to respond to the alert emails because I was out of the country. By the time I returned, it was too late and they had already changed the...
  6. my minecraft java account have been hacked

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my minecraft java account have been hacked: my minecraft java account have been hacked he/she even changed the email so i was forced to create a new microsoft account to contact you guys 029b6ce3-a031-49e5-b5d5-c6e1949ac0b4
  7. My Elite 2 controller has been stolen by Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Elite 2 controller has been stolen by Microsoft: Greetings to all, My Elite 2 Controller after 2 months of purchase, suffered a left stick drift, i sent it to guarantee from my country Colombia. On March 23, Xbox support sent me an email...
  8. using download codes after an Xbox has been sold abroad

in XBoX Games and Apps
    using download codes after an Xbox has been sold abroad: Hi, I live in the UK and have just sold my Xbox to a buyer in Austria. The codes for the Horizon Bundle (Horizon and Motorsport) that are digital downloads do not work. Are codes region specific?...
  9. My prepaid code was sold to me saying it has already been used

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My prepaid code was sold to me saying it has already been used: I was referred to microsoft support from Astros Gaming. I was sold a prepaid Xbox one Requisition code for Halo 5 Guradians and when I typed it in it was saying someone had already used it. I...
  10. Feel like ive been miss sold the elite controller as you cant customise the paddles at the back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Feel like ive been miss sold the elite controller as you cant customise the paddles at the back: So i bought the xbox one elite controller for my pc after seeing that it has 4 paddles at the back which are "completely customisable" only to find that they arent. Infact you can only make them...