Have to push A button multiple times to select on main screen

Discus and support Have to push A button multiple times to select on main screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have to press the A button multiple times for the xbox one to respond. I've tried using different controllers but the problem remains. The tile will... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GrimWeenie, Jul 1, 2020.

1. GrimWeenie
    GrimWeenie Guest

I have to press the A button multiple times for the xbox one to respond. I've tried using different controllers but the problem remains. The tile will flash showing that it works but nothing happens.

:)

GrimWeenie, Jul 1, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. ninersdominate Win User

I have the same problem and cache reset does nothing. It only happens with the a button and only on home screens. It happens with both of my controllers and i dont believe it is a hardware problem because games and apps work perfecltly. Also when you press
    the a button the tile flashes like it registered, but nothing happens
  3. NightsN2dr3ams Win User

Hello, try this please go to settings, Network Settings, Advanced settings,click Alternate Mac address then click clear.

This resolves a lot of issues.
  4. VALE DURANS4AUE Win User

Es muy rara las veces en que una consola tenga retraso al presionar algunos botones mi caso lo que la soluciono fue reiniciar mi consola a modo de fabrica y instalar las actualizaciones y ya funciona sin problemas lo malo esque te tocará volver a instalar
    todo de nuevo.
  5. Mister Quimby Win User

Hey there ninersdominate!

Please go ahead and create a new thread if you haven't already. This way you can receive support specifically tailored to you. Be sure to include the details of the issue as well as any troubleshooting steps that you have tried. Thanks in advance!
  6. BobMcFly247 Win User

Please try a system cache reset, this may fix your problem. Press the powerbutton for about 15 seconds and keep it holding even when the one turns off after some seconds. Wait for the power supply to change the color to orange and then restart your console.

If that doesn't help feel free to come back here for further assistance.
Thema:

1. Have to push A button multiple times to select on main screen - Similar Threads - push button multiple

2. Sea of Thieves (on PC) Push to Talk button not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Sea of Thieves (on PC) Push to Talk button not working: I have tried countless times to use the push to talk function and it just won't work. I've mapped it to different keys and nothing even appears when I try to use it and talk. I can hear other...
  3. Delay when pushing the Start/more options button on Dashboard? [Beta]

in XboX Insiders
    Delay when pushing the Start/more options button on Dashboard? [Beta]: I noticed this a while ago but neither is something I use often or assumed it was some odd update bug, but not seeing much talk about this. It's a good 3-5 second delay after the sound cue of you...
  4. Xbox Game Bar not Opening when Pushing the XBOX button on Controller

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar not Opening when Pushing the XBOX button on Controller: Hello, I have been recently having an issue accessing the Xbox Game Bar when using a Xbox One Controller. In the past I have been able to push the XBOX button and the game bar came up. Now the...
  5. Xbox one S won't turn on even thought when I push the button and it lights up then lights off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one S won't turn on even thought when I push the button and it lights up then lights off: Hello, I have been trying for the past hour to get my Xbox one s to turn on but I have been met with the same result. The console light will turn and after a second would turn off. I have tried...
  6. Can't see battery charge icon when I push the Xbox button

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't see battery charge icon when I push the Xbox button: I'm having trouble with my Xbox One not allowing me to see my controller battery charge, and I have an external hard drive connected through USB. It is saying that I have a controller connected to...
  7. Adaptive Controller analog push buttons (e.g. for controlling speed)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adaptive Controller analog push buttons (e.g. for controlling speed): Hi there, I'm making a complete gaming setup for a tetraplegic based around the XAC. For all digital inputs (X, Y, A, B etc.) I'm simply using standard arcade push buttons with microswitches...
  8. The front push-buttons of my Xbox One do not work anymore so I can't eject my games discs

in XBoX on Consoles
    The front push-buttons of my Xbox One do not work anymore so I can't eject my games discs: Xbox One : Nor the front "power-switch" nor the "eject disc" buttons work anymore. No warning, no error messages, just one day thoose did not respond to any command. So i'm stuck with one game in...
  9. My Xbox One Wired Controller's LT Button is constantly being pushed without pushing it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox One Wired Controller's LT Button is constantly being pushed without pushing it: Just at random times (1-60 seconds) my Wired Controller's LT button is constantly being pressed without even pressing it, I have two wired controllers and both of them have this problem, one of...
  10. Have to push A button multiple times to select on main screen

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have to push A button multiple times to select on main screen: I feel like since the last update my Xbox one has had this issue. When I'm on any of the main screens I have to push the A button multiple times to get it to select an app or game. Once I'm in the...