Have to re-download Minecraft each time I want to play

Discus and support Have to re-download Minecraft each time I want to play in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I'm looking for help on this. I purchased Minecraft and played, but each time I want to play again it asks me to re-download. I am using a USB... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Luis AlbertoGonzález, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Have to re-download Minecraft each time I want to play

Hello, I'm looking for help on this. I purchased Minecraft and played, but each time I want to play again it asks me to re-download. I am using a USB drive to store the game, since I don't have storage in my unit.

Is this normal or is there something I can do to keep the game stored locally and play when I want?

I just bouth a Gold Membership and tried to use the cloud storage, but Xbox asks for additional memory in order to use it, so cloud storage apparently is not an option to solve this.

thanks

Luis

:)

Luis AlbertoGonzález, Jun 1, 2014
  2. VibroPlex
    VibroPlex Guest
    Having to re-download my profile each time I want to play Live....

I'd suggest getting a USB flash drive and preparing it for use as a Memory Unit.

support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive

Then, power down, remove the hard drive, power up. and redownload the profile to the Memory Unit. If the same problems occur, then you have a connectivity issue. If the problem goes away, the hard drive needs to be reformatted after you have moved all offline
    game saves to the USB flash drive.

VibroPlex, Jun 1, 2014
  3. THESAUCE2010
    THESAUCE2010 Guest

I have tried to research this the best I can so sorry if it has been answered. The first time when I downloaded my profile it worked (after numerous attempts) I was able to play online again fine. Now when I sign on I will go into the game and say "disconnected
    from live" each time. Doesn't seem like I should have to download my profile EVERY time I go to play a game...It is too time consuming since downloading my profile never works on the first time.....usually takes about 6-8 tries before the download will work.

I have cleared my cache, etc, tried about everything I could find listed on line to do.......

HELP PLEASE?!

THESAUCE2010, Jun 1, 2014
  4. davemcfly85
    davemcfly85 Guest

cloud is for game saves only anyways

davemcfly85, Jun 1, 2014
  5. davemcfly85 Win User

cloud is for game saves only anyways
  6. dupd37a0f2e-4229-41d Win User

Hi did have a similar issue as you, just like Vibroplex has mentioned try and put it onto a USB memory unit, I do this now. It's much easier anyways this way, as I can use my own gamertag when around family and friends homes! without waiting 30 minutes to
    recover my gamertag!

Also I do tend to remove the USB every day just incase my console ever got stolen so my debit card details are attatched via my gamertag secured on my USB drive! oh and I always put my saved games on it to! worth doing also, the only downside I guess is
    if the pen corrupts but I do create a backup to my PC! Hope this has helped

On the other hand it could be your Internet or console, have you tried to download your gamertag at a friends or something? if it works then it must something to do with your end of things.........process of elimination!

Hope this has been some sort of help
  7. ltnlogan Win User

you are going to want to call customer support at 1800 4 my xbox and have them help you deal with it, they are tricky tricky there and can do all kinds of neet stuff!
  8. VibroPlex Win User

I'd suggest getting a USB flash drive and preparing it for use as a Memory Unit.

support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive

Then, power down, remove the hard drive, power up. and redownload the profile to the Memory Unit. If the same problems occur, then you have a connectivity issue. If the problem goes away, the hard drive needs to be reformatted after you have moved all offline
    game saves to the USB flash drive.
  9. Temhotabot Win User

Recovered and can't get all (Paid) DLC

If any of the content was purchased on another account, for example your brothers, then you will not be able to re-download it for that account unless you have his account on the console and it is logged into XBL on that console
    each time you want to play that content.
Thema:

1. Have to re-download Minecraft each time I want to play - Similar Threads - download Minecraft each

2. Minecraft Realms: cannot download realm

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Realms: cannot download realm: I have not been able to download my realm map even though I have the space on my phone (android). It keeps saying this: "You are almost out of storage space! Minecraft has restricted this...
  3. DOWNLOADING CHAPTER 2 ON MINECRAFT STORY MODE. ERROR MESSAGE 80070057

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DOWNLOADING CHAPTER 2 ON MINECRAFT STORY MODE. ERROR MESSAGE 80070057: There is enough space but it will not download . I have not idea what to do so any help would be welcomed 37b5d052-0146-4a74-8333-a3813c5fb12c
  4. MINECRAFT BETA-Still downloading beta even if it is opted out of the insider program

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MINECRAFT BETA-Still downloading beta even if it is opted out of the insider program: How do you install the non-beta version of Minecraft(Windows 10 Edition)? c167fcd4-6610-4476-bd3c-e23d5d19a84d
  5. Minecraft downloading/purchasing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft downloading/purchasing: [img] I have purchased minecraft and recieved the email saying i own the app, yet i cant find it on my device and this is all the store is saying. Help? 31de07c1-1c07-472d-b31e-25f59d77334b
  6. posso baixar mod de texturas no xbox one minecraft? [Mod Translation - Can i download...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    posso baixar mod de texturas no xbox one minecraft? [Mod Translation - Can i download...: eu posso baixar mod de texturas no xbox one no jogo minecraft, porque estava jogando com um amigo meu no windows 10, eu estava pelo xbox, ele pelo pc, ele estava utilizando mod de texturas, e...
  7. Can’t download latest version of Minecraft without paying for it again.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t download latest version of Minecraft without paying for it again.: Hi, I own Minecraft on Xbox one as a physical game with a disk, and I just got back to playing after a long time and now it says to download the most recent version for free but when I do it wants...
  8. Can't download Minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download Minecraft: I hade Minecraft but it kept laging out so i thought i sould delete it and redownload it but every time i download it at the end when its about to be done it says installation stopped and it will...
  9. I purchased 2 Minecraft mashup packs on my 360 but I can't download them on my Xbox one?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased 2 Minecraft mashup packs on my 360 but I can't download them on my Xbox one?: Hi! I've been playing Minecraft for a while and bought the skyrim mashup pack and the star wars pack on my Xbox 360, however, I recently switched over to an Xbox One and wanted to play minecraft...
  10. Can't Download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition on new Computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition on new Computer: I recently got a new computer, and I am trying to download Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. But, I can't download it. It says I have to purchase it again. I redeemed it a long time ago when Mojang...