Have you been charged 23% instead of the usual 20% VAT in the UK when buying the ESP (Extended ...

Discus and support Have you been charged 23% instead of the usual 20% VAT in the UK when buying the ESP (Extended ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good news if you have - please read on Good news on this one after I made it aware to Amtrust (provider of cover) I first contacted the Financial... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Saxo Appeal, May 2, 2014.

1. Saxo Appeal
    Saxo Appeal Guest

Have you been charged 23% instead of the usual 20% VAT in the UK when buying the ESP (Extended ...

Good news if you have - please read on

Good news on this one after I made it aware to Amtrust (provider of cover)

I first contacted the Financial Ombudsmen who told me to contact FCA

Then I called the FCA who told me to contact HMRC

Couldn't get anyone at HMRC so I decided to call the people the govern then policy who is
    AmTrust

Zoe has just called me to say she has spoken to the underwriters and this was an error due to it being a new product and thanked me for bringing this to her companies attention.

Because I did this she has refunded the £13.80 to my account and they are now proceeding to fix the problem so that customers are just charged the 20%

I asked her what would be happening to the hundreds of people that were charged the 23% and she said they have to sort the error out first then they will be refunding everyone that purchased the ESP the extra they were charged

This is fantastic news and it's been auctioned pretty quickly so well done AmTrust Europe Limited

Look forward to your refund soon folks Have you been charged 23% instead of the usual 20% VAT in the UK when buying the ESP (Extended ... :)

so it looks like the £59.99 price tag is indeed that very price for the extra 2 years warranty

:)

Saxo Appeal, May 2, 2014
  2. Saxo Appeal
    Saxo Appeal Guest
    Have you been charged 23% instead of the usual 20% VAT in the UK when buying the ESP (Extended Service Plan)

Good news if you have - please read on Good news on this one after I made it aware to Amtrust (provider of cover) I first contacted the Financial Ombudsmen who told me to contact FCA Then I called the FCA who told me to contact HMRC Couldn't get anyone
    at HMRC so I decided to call the people the govern then policy who is AmTrust Zoe has just called me to say she has spoken to the underwriters and this was an error due to it being a new product and thanked me for bringing this to her companies attention.
    Because I did this she has refunded the £13.80 to my account and they are now proceeding to fix the problem so that customers are just charged the 20% I asked her what would be happening to the hundreds of people that were charged the 23% and she said they
    have to sort the error out first then they will be refunding everyone that purchased the ESP the extra they were charged This is fantastic news and it's been auctioned pretty quickly so well done AmTrust Europe Limited Look forward to your refund soon folks
    Have you been charged 23% instead of the usual 20% VAT in the UK when buying the ESP (Extended ... :) so it looks like the £59.99 price tag is indeed that very price for the extra 2 years warranty

Saxo Appeal, May 2, 2014
  3. Saxo Appeal
    Saxo Appeal Guest
    Have you been charged 23% instead of the usual 20% VAT in the UK when buying the ESP (Extended Service Plan)

Just had a reply and to update this thread seeing how no one had even replied...looks like no one purchased the ESP

Reply:

The cost for a UK customer should be £59.99
    including VAT. I understand the error comes from the fact that the tax is charged in Ireland.

By way of an update, we understand that in talks in the USA yesterday/overnight the error was identified & accepted by Microsoft, so the change process shouldn’t take too much longer.

We’ll then need to identify & reimburse all UK customers where they were charged the additional tax.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Saxo Appeal, May 2, 2014
  4. Saxo Appeal
    Saxo Appeal Guest

So

No one has purchased the Extended Service ?

Saxo Appeal, May 3, 2014
  5. Saxo Appeal Win User

So

No one has purchased the Extended Service ?
  6. Saxo Appeal Win User

Just had a reply and to update this thread seeing how no one had even replied...looks like no one purchased the ESP

Reply:

The cost for a UK customer should be £59.99
    including VAT. I understand the error comes from the fact that the tax is charged in Ireland.

By way of an update, we understand that in talks in the USA yesterday/overnight the error was identified & accepted by Microsoft, so the change process shouldn’t take too much longer.

We’ll then need to identify & reimburse all UK customers where they were charged the additional tax.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.
  7. Richard_Summers Win User

3 or 2 year complete warranty ?

Just want add to this that I'm having the same issue buying the ESP in the UK. Going to call the sales team tomorrow to try and get the right product at the right price.

I "think" MS maybe breaking the law in the UK with this. Firstly they are displaying a price of £59.99 that doesn't include VAT. The site doesn't advise it's ex-vat which is illegal in the UK. In addition they are charging Irish VAT (23%) on a contract agreement
    in the UK. They must have sold a number of these ESP already to UK consumers and charged them incorrectly. Mis-selling a service. They also fail to point out your rights in the UK under the Sale of Goods Act. Apple have fallen foul of this lately.

I may be wrong :)
  8. Kev McCaw Win User

Microsoft Complete offers 3 year warranty on Xbox One, Kinect and two controllers

finally got an email through from myservice confirming the plan.

my service did charge £59.99 + VAT of 23% = £73, where as uk store charged £59.99 inclusive of the correct 20% VAT (£52 net).

i presume the myservice is charging VAT twice (one for uk 20% and one again for 23% which is what some European countries use )
  9. Kev McCaw Win User

3 or 2 year complete warranty ?

Thanks Fizzle.

I cancelled my UK store purchase for £59.99 as support couldn't see it.

I re ordered complete from myservice xbox and now it shows up for 3 years to Feb 2017 on my service.

my service did charge £59.99 + VAT of 23% = £73, where as uk store charged £59.99 inclusive of the correct 20% VAT (£52 net).

i presume the myservice is charging VAT twice (one for uk 20% and one again for 23% which is what some European countries use )
Thema:

1. Have you been charged 23% instead of the usual 20% VAT in the UK when buying the ESP (Extended ... - Similar Threads - been charged 23%

2. Has anyone been having trouble the play & charge kit not telling them that the battery is...

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone been having trouble the play & charge kit not telling them that the battery is...: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/comments/cfe1p3/has_anyone_had_any_trouble_with_their_play_charge/ I've had this issue before and It's popped up again. Scorpi controller V 4.8.1909.0 Custom...
  3. My account has been charged four times for 10.69 for live membership in the month of april

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account has been charged four times for 10.69 for live membership in the month of april: Hello. My 7year old son has xbox loive. The payments come off of my card. I have been charged for the gold a total of 4 times this month for this one membership. Who can I speak to?...
  4. Verification charge still hasn't been refunded. (India)

in XBoX on Windows
    Verification charge still hasn't been refunded. (India): I signed up for the xbox game pass free trial, after entering the debit card information a charge was taken. Which seemed normal since I've seen it happen a couple of times. But the charge was...
  5. I have been charged full price for a month of xbox live gold but have not been given access...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have been charged full price for a month of xbox live gold but have not been given access...: Prior to that I had no money on my credit card for the payment, so there are two orders in my order history now one is "failed" for and is displayed as gold access payment, the latest one, where...
  6. I have been paying subscription charges for an xbox since 2013 and we have not had an xbox ...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I have been paying subscription charges for an xbox since 2013 and we have not had an xbox ...: My son was given an Xbox in 2013 as a Christmas present he exchanged the Xbox for a Playstation in 2014 yet subscriptions have continued to come out of my savings account since 2014. After...
  7. XBOX charges that have not been authorised.

in XBoX Accessibility
    XBOX charges that have not been authorised.: We have been charged 3 times in a row for year XBOX Gold subscription!!! Then locked out of the Gold Acct!!! Plus other charges have been made that we have not purchased. I am extremely...
  8. We have been charged twice for renew xbox on line

in XBoX on Consoles
    We have been charged twice for renew xbox on line: My sun payed for renewing xbox on line and we saw that we have been charged twice for it. Hoping to fix it fast. Thanks Geva and Dana Barkai. ab481590-2cd6-44b6-a723-779ab84c7d2d
  9. My RiME Game Has Been Charged Price After Uninstallation. How Do I Get This RiME Game Back For ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My RiME Game Has Been Charged Price After Uninstallation. How Do I Get This RiME Game Back For ...: I Had Purchased RiME Before, But Since After The Uninstallation, It Had Got Charged Price After Sending The ASUS Laptop Back To The Laptop Company. :( How Do I Get This RiME Game Back For FREE...
  10. Have you been charged 23% instead of the usual 20% VAT in the UK when buying the ESP (Extended ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have you been charged 23% instead of the usual 20% VAT in the UK when buying the ESP (Extended ...: Good news if you have - please read on Good news on this one after I made it aware to Amtrust (provider of cover) I first contacted the Financial Ombudsmen who told me to contact FCA Then I called...