Having Connection issues? Easy Fix

Discus and support Having Connection issues? Easy Fix in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Having Connection issues? Easy Fix If like most you are having connection issues then I would recommend these couple of steps that will help fix your... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Im MrRickAstley, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Having Connection issues? Easy Fix

If like most you are having connection issues then I would recommend these couple of steps that will help fix your connection issue

The most important thing to know is what router you have:

Note: The DNS Settings will not work for BT Hubs as they are Locked by Provider Having Connection issues? Easy Fix :(

once you have found out what router you have go to

Open Port (This will be needed for both the DNS change and Portfowarding)

once logged into your router

DNS

select advanced settings (may be in settings varies on router)

click on DCHP

Scroll down to DNS Settings

Change from get from host to get from manual dns

Please set Primary to 8.8.8.8

Please set Secondary to 8.8.4.4

(DNS Settings from google public DNS Servers)

click apply and that is the DNS Done

(This will help get a steady connection and hopefully help fix any connection issue you may be having)

But if you are still having issue I would recommend Port forwarding

Xbox 360 and Xbox One Ports

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)
    The following ports above will be needed to be portfowarded a guide on Open Port will give you a step by step tutorial on how to port foward

I hope this helps fix a lot of people connection issue

:)

Im MrRickAstley, Feb 6, 2017
  2. ibFallen
    ibFallen Guest
    EASY fix to NO SCOPING

I found it easier with just a little practice actually. So by many people's definitions, probably not, but I knew that if I hit my shots, they would connect, which isn't always the case with auto-aim, which creates unreliable, inconsistent, and sometimes
    inaccurate shots (ironically enough).

ibFallen, Feb 6, 2017
  3. ThomasJN7
    ThomasJN7 Guest
    Easy 24HR Check-in fix

Twenty-four hour check in meaning you must sign into Xbox Live or just keep your Ethernet cable connected to the internet ?

ThomasJN7, Feb 6, 2017
  4. ibFallen Win User

EASY fix to NO SCOPING

I found it easier with just a little practice actually. So by many people's definitions, probably not, but I knew that if I hit my shots, they would connect, which isn't always the case with auto-aim, which creates unreliable, inconsistent, and sometimes
    inaccurate shots (ironically enough).
  5. ThomasJN7 Win User

Easy 24HR Check-in fix

Twenty-four hour check in meaning you must sign into Xbox Live or just keep your Ethernet cable connected to the internet ?
  6. basstrike Win User

Having issues connecting to the internet? Heres an easy fix!

does xbox one hook up tp 5 g or just 2.4
  7. TheDyzaster Win User

Also, at this point, if you still have an issue, set a Static IP on your console (Do that in Settings>Network>Advanced)

Copy down your:

Gateway

IP address

Subnet

Then click "Ip Address">"Manual" And normally you can type in the same information you wrote down, when you're done entering in that info, it will test the network, if it says "Its all good, you are now connected to the internet", you can go in your router
    and enable DMZ to the IP address you set up on the console, this opens all ports so you'll never have an issue again, just make sure that you set this up with the SAME IP you set up on the console, if you mess up, you can leave another device open to the network
    and you can be "Hacked" (Don't worry about the Xbox, you have no fears of anything getting "Hacked", any vulnerabilities are detected and patched ASAP, and there has only been 1 vulnerability ever from what I've found in my research)

I know I type a lot, just trying to make this as simple as possible for everyone! I know it can be a pain to get connected but I can help make sure you stay connected and have no issues, feel free to hit me up.
  8. FearedNightmare Win User

@bassrike

You can use either 5 or 2.4Ghz for Xbox One, just keep in mind that 5Ghz has a shorter range than 2.4Ghz
Thema:

1. Having Connection issues? Easy Fix - Similar Threads - Having Connection issues

2. Why am I having connection issues?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I having connection issues?: I’m really desperate now so hoping someone on here can help. I’ve had a bad internet connection on my Xbox for around two years now meaning that I lag and have packet loss online. It’s recently...
  3. Having Audio Issues on 2 consoles connected to the same account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having Audio Issues on 2 consoles connected to the same account.: I have an Xbox One X and an Xbox One. Both consoles are connected to the same account. My son plays on the Xbox One and I play on the Xbox one x. Just yesterday my headset was working perfectly on...
  4. Does anyone else have issues with the connection lately?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Does anyone else have issues with the connection lately?: Does anyone else have issues with the connection lately? I have noticed some issues with downloads when i was trying to download free games with gold games.... Took me several tries to even get...
  5. Still having issues with hard-wired connections

in XboX Insiders
    Still having issues with hard-wired connections: It's been a few months now and it seems to have been pushed under the rug. Whenever hard wired the xbox will randomly think theres no internet and it takes either a restart or changing the...
  6. 360 games on xbox one having xbox live connection issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    360 games on xbox one having xbox live connection issues: Me and my friend were trying to play portal 2 co op earlier this evening but that was brought to a halt by an error on his end. Everytime he tried to sign in he got a "unable to connect to xbox...
  7. Xbox is having issues connecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is having issues connecting: About a day ago my xbox was downloading an update i let it be. The next day i went on and the first thing i relized is that in the bottom right corner on the tv where it would usually show like...
  8. Xbox one X having issues with NAT/Connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one X having issues with NAT/Connectivity: So i have had my xbox one X since launch. About two months ago my ISP (comcast) sent me a new router touting new speeds or whatever. My ISP plan gives me up to 150m which is decent. Prior to...
  9. Party Chat - Have no issues except when I try to connect to 1 specific friend. PLEASE HELP!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Party Chat - Have no issues except when I try to connect to 1 specific friend. PLEASE HELP!!: So here is the issue... I can connect to all my other friends without any issues with the party chat. Like none at all. But when me and 1 specific friend get in a party together, the party...
  10. Bingo is have issues connecting to the server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bingo is have issues connecting to the server: For the last few days I have been having issues with Bingo disconnecting from the server in the middle of a game, and not be able to re-connect. In addition, 90% of the time when I start Bingo it...