Having to buy an already owned game again issue

Discus and support Having to buy an already owned game again issue in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My brother bought Destiny 2 on his Xbox One but somehow it uninstalled and it says that he has to buy the game again. I’m game sharing with him so he... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JinsokuX, Jul 20, 2019.

1. JinsokuX
    JinsokuX Guest

My brother bought Destiny 2 on his Xbox One but somehow it uninstalled and it says that he has to buy the game again. I’m game sharing with him so he allowed me to get it but he doesn’t. It even shows his achievements of the game from when he could play
    it. Is there any way that he can get the game back without having to pay again.

:)

JinsokuX, Jul 20, 2019
  2. Buachaill Dona Win User

Destiny 2 year one content is going free to play in September if you didn't already know.
  3. ArminatorX Win User

Your brother should check https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/ on his account, to check if Destiny 2 shows up there.

This page provides tax relevant billing information, so if the game isn't there, then he probably bought the game on a different account.

If he made sure that the game was bought with the right account that he currently uses on the Xbox One, then he needs to go to My Games and Apps, and find Destiny 2 in the Ready to Install section.

In case he accidentally hid the game in the ready to install list, he needs to click the Left Stick button and hold it while pressing X.

That should un-hide games from the Ready to Install section, and if he's signed in with the proper account, he can then re-install Destiny 2.
  4. luissolid Win User

Hello!

Remember that destiny 2 have different versions and maybe you're looking one version you don't buy.

The best option its go to my game and apps, then on the option ready ti install you will see the games that you bought and you can download it.

Regards!
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

If he did indeed do a full purchase on it, it should always be there, associated with the account that purchased it. Are you sure he paid the purchase price for it, and it wasn't maybe a free trail or beta version or sprecial promotion or anything like
    that? If he did purchase it, it will be his, so he'd need to contact Support to look into the issue.
  6. Boom B00M Boom Win User

Thema:

1. Having to buy an already owned game again issue - Similar Threads - Having buy already

2. Asking me to buy another gold pass for Multiplayer online when I already have 1 year ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Asking me to buy another gold pass for Multiplayer online when I already have 1 year ...: Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue. Recently purchased an Xbox one, signed for 1 year Gold Pass Subscription and up until 2 days ago all was fine, playing Call of Duty multiplayer...
  3. Is it possible to have xbox live on your xbox one and then buy a new xbox and already have ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to have xbox live on your xbox one and then buy a new xbox and already have ...: Is it possible to have xbox live on your xbox one and then buy a new xbox and already have xbox live? 06cae61b-5aca-4fde-9820-28667950ffa5
  4. PUBG keeps telling me to buy xbox live gold, although i already have it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    PUBG keeps telling me to buy xbox live gold, although i already have it: Since today i cant play PUBG anymore. Like i said, PUBG keeps telling me to buy xbox live gold, although i already have it. Any solutions? fab9dd39-908e-445e-b0d8-b2a7a97b1516
  5. i have already bought minecraft win 10 , but for edition java, i should buy it again on 23 ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i have already bought minecraft win 10 , but for edition java, i should buy it again on 23 ...: i have already bought minecraft win 10 , but for edition java, i should buy it again on 23 euro?? cfe216d2-86c2-4b9c-8f94-162108a95804
  6. Xbox telling me to buy game I already have

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox telling me to buy game I already have: I just bought my Xbox one S a couple of days ago and I am installing my rainbow six siege when it gets to 97% and says some sort of error. I shook it off afternoon I saw that rainbow six siege was...
  7. Is it possible to have xbox live on your xbox one and then buy a new xbox and already have ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to have xbox live on your xbox one and then buy a new xbox and already have ...: Is it possible to have xbox live on your xbox one and then buy a new xbox and already have xbox live? 06cae61b-5aca-4fde-9820-28667950ffa5
  8. Being told to buy xbox live gold even though i already have

in XBoX on Consoles
    Being told to buy xbox live gold even though i already have: Whenever I try to play an online game or use an online feature I get sent to a screen saying that I need to join xbox live gold to use the said function. However, I recently bought a new xbox live...
  9. When I try to play games or join party’s it says I need to buy gold but I already have ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I try to play games or join party’s it says I need to buy gold but I already have ...: When I try to play games or join party’s it says I need to buy gold but I already have brought it a5248d9d-630d-485b-92be-51e14e71f2f8
  10. Tells me to buy when i already have it!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tells me to buy when i already have it!: I recently bought a 1 month subscription from the Xbox store and shows that I have the Xbox live in the main menu, and settings>subsciptions, but it whenever I join a party of play online, it...