Having to reset xbox one every time I turn it on

Discus and support Having to reset xbox one every time I turn it on in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; This started last week where I turn the xbox on and the sound is all static and distorted. Also, any video is in slow motion. To fix this I need to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Zoshiee, May 26, 2019.

1. Zoshiee
    Zoshiee Guest

This started last week where I turn the xbox on and the sound is all static and distorted. Also, any video is in slow motion. To fix this I need to hard reset my xbox then it'll function normally. Anyone know of a solution to this?

:)

Zoshiee, May 26, 2019
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Kaboodle

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums.

In regards to this matter, I would suggest is performing a
    soft factory reset
    on your console. This tends to solve a myriad of hiccups with your console and it is the quickest way to find out if it could be something with the console itself.

This can be done by performing these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > System > Console info.
    3. Select Reset console.
    4. On the Reset your console? screen, you'll see three options:
    • Reset and remove everything. This option resets the console to factory settings. All user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, home Xbox associations, and all games and apps will be deleted. You should use this option when selling
      or gifting the console to someone else. You should only use this option as a last resort in some troubleshooting cases.
    • Reset and keep my games & apps. You should use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games or apps. This will save you from downloading
      or reinstalling the large game files. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose
      Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with
      Reset and keep my games & apps
      and save Reset and remove everything as a last resort.
    • Cancel. To back out of this screen, simply select the
      Cancel
      button. No action has been taken at this point. This is a safe exit from this screen.

I recommend that you keep your games and app as to make sure you can get back to gaming as quickly as possible.

Give this a shot and let us know your results!
  3. PTB ripcity Win User

I haven't ran into this specifically, but there are a couple things I would try having a background in home theater equipment.

1. Try replacing the HDMI cable. It is possible that there is a handshake issue between the TV and the XBox.
    2. If the XBox runs through another device, for example a sound system, try connecting directly to the TV.
    3. Power cycle your devices. Simply unplug the XBox and your TV (and AV receiver if you have a surround sound system) for 30-60 seconds. Plug them back in and see if the problem continues.
    4. Contact XBox Support, but I'd wait it out a bit to see if anyone else has a fix for you.

May the Gaming Gods be with you.
  4. Zoshiee Win User

Resetting keeping games & apps worked! Thanks a bunch :)
  5. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Hello, can you provide some more information?

Are you using energy-savings mode or instant-on? Do you receive any error codes? And are you apart of the Preview Program?
  6. GroundOregano94 Win User

Are you member of insider program dear sir? Some updates can make things difficult. If not, the best thing is to post ticket to support. Wish you the best of luck.
Thema:

1. Having to reset xbox one every time I turn it on - Similar Threads - Having reset every

2. Have to hard reset every time to sign in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have to hard reset every time to sign in: This just started taking place last night. Turned on my XB1 and it was having issues signing into my account. Told me to sign in from a controller so went and selected my profile to sign in and a...
  3. I have to reset my router every time I turn on my Xbox in order to Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have to reset my router every time I turn on my Xbox in order to Connect to Xbox Live: Every time I turn on my Xbox now, the only way I can connect to Xbox Live is to reset my router. No other device in my home has this problem. I can be online with multiple devices and still the...
  4. Having to reset my xbox every 3 days

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having to reset my xbox every 3 days: I have a 6 months old xbox, a few weeks ago out of the blue it could not detect my network while other devices in the house could. I shut the xbox, shut my my modem and nothing, contacted tech...
  5. Having to hard reset every single [Mod Removed] day

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having to hard reset every single [Mod Removed] day: I have to hard reset my Xbone every single day to play any game or use any app. I noticed that this isn't a new problem, aaaaaand I don't even have an old xbox one, I got it about two months ago,...
  6. X Box One X - I have do a factory reset every second day now

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box One X - I have do a factory reset every second day now: Hi guys and gals, I have been using Xbox consoles since the day GTA IV came out. My first was a white 360, then the first black one that came with kinect, then an One and last december my soon to...
  7. Have to reset xbox after every use otherwise literally everything 'takes too long to start'.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Have to reset xbox after every use otherwise literally everything 'takes too long to start'.: Keep having the 'Took too long to start' error on literally everything, even the help app. A factory reset while keeping my games and apps fixes the issue temporarily, but then after I turn the...
  8. Getting kicked off Live frequently, have to hard reset every time.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting kicked off Live frequently, have to hard reset every time.: So my internet is fine, my NAT is open, but im constantly getting disconnected from xbox live, then it asks me to set up my wireless network again. I put in my password and it will tell me its...
  9. I Keep Having to Reset My Modem Every Time I Want to Connect to Xbox Live

in XBoX on Consoles
    I Keep Having to Reset My Modem Every Time I Want to Connect to Xbox Live: I've had my One for 6 months and it's been fine. But for the last 10 days every time I turn the Xbox One on, it says it can't connect. So I reset my router and it fixes the problem. it happens...
  10. Having to reset Xbox One every time I start it up.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having to reset Xbox One every time I start it up.: So whats the deal with this? I know it isn't a difficult thing to fix but it is blatantly annoying, literally every time I start it up I have to go through the process of hard resetting once or...