Having trouble signing in to Xbox Live profile on 360

Discus and support Having trouble signing in to Xbox Live profile on 360 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I went on to my 360 the other day to play some Skyrim- I've been playing on PC the last year or so, but I missed console gaming so I went back to the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by MysticalEnby, Mar 20, 2022.

1. MysticalEnby
    MysticalEnby Guest

I went on to my 360 the other day to play some Skyrim- I've been playing on PC the last year or so, but I missed console gaming so I went back to the Xbox for a bit- so I hadn't used it in a while. But when I tried to sign in to my profile, it asked me to enter my password for my Microsoft account (it's never asked me that before, usually it just lets me sign in), and then it came up with an error:

'Sorry, there was a problem. Please try again later. Code: 80151103'

So it won't connect to Xbox Live, but it won't let me sign in to my profile at all, not even my local profile, so I'm unable to access my saves for the games I want to play. I've never had this problem before- I don't think I should need to access Xbox Live to just sign in to a local account, especially since the game I was playing doesn't need that connection at all?

A couple of times while I was playing yesterday after going round and round in a loop trying to sign in, it eventually seemed to let me access my local profile so I could play, but I don't know what happened to allow that, and I don't know how to replicate that.

I looked up the error code and it gave a few possible options- it isn't Xbox Live itself that's the problem because I tested the connection and that seems to be fine. So the other two options the page for the error code gives are there could be a problem with the security information for my Microsoft account, but I don't think that's the problem either because I can sign in to my account fine on my computer and on the mobile app. So the other suggestion is that there's a problem with the Xbox Live profile stored on the console.

I'm not sure what to do here, because the page suggests trying to move the profile or redownloading it, but I'm hesitant about that because I don't want it to mess with my data- if I try doing that, will it get rid of my save data for my games, since they're tied to my profile? On the sign in page next to my profile it says 'hard drive', so I assume it means that's where my data is stored?

(oh and for the record I don't have a subscription to Xbox Live Gold, my brother had one that was connected to this console but he said he recently cancelled it, so could that have caused an issue? but surely that still shouldn't be restricting me from signing in to my local profile?)

Thanks

:)

MysticalEnby, Mar 20, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hi MysticalEnby,

We appreciate you have reached out to Xbox Forums regarding Xbox 360 profiles. Thank you for reporting this issue currently, the Internal Support Team is actively investigating this.

For any updates, we will let you know and should you have other details to share that would be helpful for the team that is investigating this. Please feel free to post a reply in this thread.

Kind regards,

3. nicholas kehayias2 Win User

The XBOX360 is having issues connecting to live servers due to some issue where it thinks that you are a hacker signing into an account.

Microsoft acknowledged the issue and is working on a fix.

Meanwhile, you should consider going to xbox.com/status and reporting the issue so it is pushed to a higher priority

I wouldn't suggest deleting everything, as it is probably not going to change anything. All we can do is be patient and wait for MS to resolve the error
  4. MorgenSheel Win User

• Hey MysticalEnby, how are you today?
    • Your question regarding Xbox 360 profiles on the Xbox Forums has been well received by the Xbox Forums. I would like to thank you for bringing to my attention this issue. The Internal Support Team is actively working on this issue right now.
    • In the case of any updates, we will inform you, and if there are any other details you would like to contribute that would be helpful to the team investigating this, we will also let you know. Feel free to post any reply in this thread, and I would appreciate it if you did.
    • Please accept my kind regards,
    • Morgen Sheel
  5. nicholas_kehayias Win User

At the moment, Microsoft still has not released any info on a fix, however, many people are just having it randomly come back to life.

I saw some people who said if you just repeatedly try for 10 minutes it may begin downloading as intended. I'm going to try this right now and will update this post when I come to some sort of conclusion.
  6. Kathy A. Win User

Hi MysticalEnby,

Hope you are doing well.

I recently received an update from the Internal Support Team, who said that powering off and on the console, or power cycling/restarting the console, should resolve the issue.

In any event, if you make a change to your Microsoft account (for example, enabling two-step verification or updating payment options), you'll need to reset your subscription's recurring billing. You may also see this thread and check for the advice from RainingRoses.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Thema:

1. Having trouble signing in to Xbox Live profile on 360 - Similar Threads - Having trouble signing

2. I am having trouble starting up MSFS2020. Keep getting an error that I cant sign into xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am having trouble starting up MSFS2020. Keep getting an error that I cant sign into xbox...: I keep getting a sign in error with Xbox live. My MSFS2020 wont start? What gives?? This has been the situation for a couple of days. What am I doing wrong here? e0994751-7913-4bb3-ae43-96c22b390c07
  3. We're having trouble accessing your account. Please use the guide to sign out then sign...

in XboX Insiders
    We're having trouble accessing your account. Please use the guide to sign out then sign...: Can't sign into insider app cause I get this. https://imgur.com/a/Y8cgnsG Trying to open the insider app and I get. "We're having trouble accessing your account. Please use the guide to sign out...
  4. Can't sign into insider app Trying to open the insider app and I get. "We're having trouble...

in XboX Insiders
    Can't sign into insider app Trying to open the insider app and I get. "We're having trouble...: Can't sign into insider app Trying to open the insider app and I get. "We're having trouble accessing your account. Please use the guide to sign out and then sign back in." I've had no problems...
  5. Why does it say its having trouble signing into my xbox live account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say its having trouble signing into my xbox live account: I cant play it say having trouble signing into xbox live account 9dc1cfb4-010c-4e82-b36f-130b8a6a0499
  6. Having trouble with my Xbox One after signing in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble with my Xbox One after signing in.: So basically whenever I sign into my account on my Xbox, everything on the home screen starts lagging and freezes. Can't direct myself to settings and my Xbox Lives features won't appear. I am not...
  7. Having trouble signing into my account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having trouble signing into my account: I had a suspension about 3 months ago that was for 14 days, i have since then created a new account because i have not been able to log in. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  8. Having trouble logging into the Game Streaming app, when I try to sign in it says could not...

in XboX Insiders
    Having trouble logging into the Game Streaming app, when I try to sign in it says could not...: Any way to fix this? Been happening for the past couple of hours. submitted by /u/Pyrocy779 [link] [comments]
  9. any one having trouble signing in today

in XboX Insiders
    any one having trouble signing in today: submitted by /u/Trillhen13 [link] [comments]
  10. Having trouble signing into my other Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Having trouble signing into my other Xbox account: Started having issues on my other xbox account saying I need to go to account.live.com, once i got there I realized I had forgotten the password so I tried resetting it. Not only would it not let...