Having trouble trimming a clip

Discus and support Having trouble trimming a clip in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone, this is my first post here, and I would really like some help I have been able to trim clips without any issues, but for some reason I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RTSthebest2000, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Having trouble trimming a clip

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, and I would really like some help

I have been able to trim clips without any issues, but for some reason I cannot trim this clip I recorded of me doing well in a match in Star Wars Battlefront. The clip is 4:58 long, but I have trimmed it down to the best part, which is about 1:30 to 1:35
    long. It will not let me trim the clip, either it takes too long to trim during the usual waiting process (takes about 10 mins) until it comes up with an error message saying it cannot trim the clip and to try again, or the entire thing crashes and leaves
    me on a black screen forever until I have no choice but to return to the main menu.

I don't know why this is happening, and I would really like some help because I have been able to trim other clips as long as 4 mins without any problem, and then this one just starts acting up for no reason. It is really starting to frustrate me greatly
    and I would really appreciate some support, and get this sorted out. I will make a video on this issue shortly.

Thank you....

:)

RTSthebest2000, Jul 14, 2018
  2. Anyone having trouble recording a clip

I can say "Xbox Record that" and the box pops up that it recognizes but but it's not recording anything. I checked the settings and they are on, I turned them off and back on.

It worked the other day, not sure what's happened now.

oMr N1CE GUYo, Jul 14, 2018
  3. ultramag88
    ultramag88 Guest
    Upload Studio *despair*

You sure? Have you compared the raw clip to the version after trimming etc? I can see this happening in all latest showcase uploads people have posted, I know it's not just me

ultramag88, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Having trouble trimming a clip

Has the clip finished uploading completely before you are trying to edit? Also do you still have adequate space on your DVR for more clips to be recorded (as it will need to save a new file)?

Wildboy Wiley, Jul 14, 2018
  5. I usually don't upload clips that long to xbox live dvr, I keep them stored on my xbox and transfer them to onedrive, and then remove the clip afterwards.

I do wait for the clip to be rendered, and when I take it to the trimming part it's all good, and then this happens...

I have enough space on DVR, been clearing a load of clips I don't need and still continuing the process

RTSthebest2000, Jul 14, 2018
  6. I have now uploaded a video focusing on this issue, it shows me trimming the clips and the issues leading after that, I would hope if someone could watch it and give me some help related to the issue so I can fully trim this clip without any errors occuring,
    thanks

RTSthebest2000, Jul 15, 2018
  7. After examining your video, and looking at it from my console, The "Trim" option you have available on that bar, isn't available in my app strangely. Not sure why that trim option is there, have you checked to see if the Xbox DVR has been updated recently?

Alternatively (as a work around) to trim your clip, you can "edit in Upload Studio" which will allow you trim the clip in that app (Simply pushing the left stick to move the starting point, and the right stick to move the ending
    point) and will allow you to save and upload the trimmed clip to xbox or onedrive as well.

Wildboy Wiley, Jul 15, 2018
  8. Having trouble trimming a clip

I'm sure that it has been updated, as I recently did an update on my xbox that has already been completed, and everything is still the same...

I have used upload studio in the past to trim clips but I dislike it because many clips when I trim them, it tends to just freeze on one part while the rest of the audio plays, and it's really frustrating since I have to delete it and start over and it still
    happens. I have mostly given up using it and I will probably give up on this issue soon anyways...

RTSthebest2000, Jul 15, 2018
  9. RiMu920
    RiMu920 Guest
    I don't have a solution but I wanted to comment and say that I am experiencing the EXACT same problem. The only difference is that I am experiencing this issue with every. single. clip.

It doesn't matter how long the clips are, or what game they are captured from...when I try to trim them using the offline editing feature they just fail every time.

My console has been updated to a new version just today, and that didn't fix anything. I have also tried doing a system reset, which seemed to have fixed the problem only for about a day, then it started failing every time again.

Really odd and annoying problem.

RiMu920, Aug 4, 2018
  10. PhilParry
    PhilParry Guest
    I am having an issue with trimming clips too but not the same as you. When I trim my clip and play it back the audio is off sync from the video. So I am sniping someone on BF1 and the sound of the gunshot is like 5 secs later.

PhilParry, Nov 2, 2018
  11. RTSthebest2000 Win User

I'm sure that it has been updated, as I recently did an update on my xbox that has already been completed, and everything is still the same...

I have used upload studio in the past to trim clips but I dislike it because many clips when I trim them, it tends to just freeze on one part while the rest of the audio plays, and it's really frustrating since I have to delete it and start over and it still
    happens. I have mostly given up using it and I will probably give up on this issue soon anyways...
  12. RiMu920 Win User

I don't have a solution but I wanted to comment and say that I am experiencing the EXACT same problem. The only difference is that I am experiencing this issue with every. single. clip.

It doesn't matter how long the clips are, or what game they are captured from...when I try to trim them using the offline editing feature they just fail every time.

My console has been updated to a new version just today, and that didn't fix anything. I have also tried doing a system reset, which seemed to have fixed the problem only for about a day, then it started failing every time again.

Really odd and annoying problem.
  13. RTSthebest2000 Win User

I have now uploaded a video focusing on this issue, it shows me trimming the clips and the issues leading after that, I would hope if someone could watch it and give me some help related to the issue so I can fully trim this clip without any errors occuring,
    thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r2-yKb3D34
  14. Wildboy Wiley Win User

Has the clip finished uploading completely before you are trying to edit? Also do you still have adequate space on your DVR for more clips to be recorded (as it will need to save a new file)?
  15. PhilParry Win User

I am having an issue with trimming clips too but not the same as you. When I trim my clip and play it back the audio is off sync from the video. So I am sniping someone on BF1 and the sound of the gunshot is like 5 secs later.
Thema:

1. Having trouble trimming a clip - Similar Threads - Having trouble trimming

2. Tengo problemas para vincular mi cuenta de xbox a bungie.net[I am having trouble linking my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Tengo problemas para vincular mi cuenta de xbox a bungie.net[I am having trouble linking my...: QUiero vincular mi cuentaa la pagina de Bungie pero a la hora de introducir la cuentame dice error de autenticacion y que verifique o actaulice la cuenta, ya hice esas cosas y sigue diciendome lo...
  3. Having trouble finding multiplayer pack 2. Need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having trouble finding multiplayer pack 2. Need help: I can’t seem to find the multiplayer pack 2 for modern warfare. I’ve tried reinstalling my add-ons and the game all together. I’ve restarted my console so many times and still doesn’t appear...
  4. Having trouble connecting to one of my friends

in XBoX on Consoles
    Having trouble connecting to one of my friends: I cant connect to my friend on all games we both have a open nat but still cant connect 21f1482d-a7f0-45b5-9d94-ea38195e4cff
  5. Having trouble setting up game streaming.

in XboX Insiders
    Having trouble setting up game streaming.: I am trying to do game streaming, however it says my ring/place isn't supported. I live in Brighton (England) so I'm pretty sure it's not that, but what can I do to get it? (I am in Omega preview)...
  6. I’m having trouble downloading any game that is backwards compatible

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m having trouble downloading any game that is backwards compatible: Sometimes i’ll get on my xbox and go to the store. Maybe ill see a free game from the xbox360 that is backwards compatible. When i go to download the game it says i cant make that type of purchase...
  7. Having Log In Trouble For Microsoft Flight Insider Program

in XBoX on Windows
    Having Log In Trouble For Microsoft Flight Insider Program: Hi. I'm having trouble accessing the Microsoft flight insider program. My issue exists where I load up the website, press insider login, and it just reloads the page. This what it shows:...
  8. i am having trouble installing zoo tycoon ultimate collection on my pc?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i am having trouble installing zoo tycoon ultimate collection on my pc?: it says to contact support 4905598d-b70d-4962-ae69-3ccec5a7d755
  9. Im having trouble with people

in XBoX Accessibility
    Im having trouble with people: Today these two people where getting on my nerves and I was already having a bad day and i called one the n word and they where offended by it so now there trying to get my account permanently...
  10. I'm having trouble figuring out how to stream to my phone

in XboX Insiders
    I'm having trouble figuring out how to stream to my phone: So I've been trying to stream xbox games to my phone. But I'm having trouble figuring it out. Someone explain it to me like I'm five. Android btw submitted by /u/yellowidkwhy [link] [comments]